Awoo.

Kojima leaving Konami after MGSV due to internal fallout / Reduction in KojiPro Senior Staff (Rebranding)

Carbo

Getting more ugly now, Kojima Station has now been suspended, Konami apologises for concerns

MGJP_zps0u8z7y5q.png

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=18767

"Whats Kojima Station" 

Kojima Station (KojiSta) is a video webcast from Hideo Kojima and the game creators at Kojima Productions. Get a live behind-the-scenes look at game development straight from the producers and team members at KP.

Damn you Konami.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQe00t1DNnI

First of all, viewers are thanked for enjoying Kojima Station, and the team apologizes for the suspension of the new episode. They promise further info will be provided at a later date, detailing when the next livestream will take place.

This comment doesn't make any sense. Surely with everything regarding Kojima Productions being erased Konami would also want to remove Kojima Station entirely, so there are no further broadcasts. So why say "suspension" and imply that another livestream will take place, which surely won't happen.

The account once again emphasizes that even though the names and logos of Kojima Productions have been removed due to the restructuring of Konami, Hideo Kojima as well as the original development staff are still working on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. The team continues to work on the game based on Kojima’s ideas and instructions. The team and Kojima himself are united in this goal and would like the support of their fans in this.

I can only hope development of TPP hasn't been too badly affected as a result of the changes. No doubt the delay in announcing the release date was partly as a result of what happened between Kojima and Konami.

To conclude with some good news: the Japanese Twitter account also confirmed that Kojima is still doing the game checks for The Phantom Pain.

This implies that TPP is nearly finished and they are likely now just polishing and looking for bugs and glitches.

---------------------------------------

You might like this David Hayter interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxud157IAtc

Would you like to buy a Metal Gear watch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGqHhUuXa8

Konami have released another statement on Kojima. Taking to the Japanese Metal Gear Twitter account via Kotaku.

"In accordance with the recent change in production organization of all of Konami, Kojima Productions, as well as other internal production companies, has had its name, etc., changed to move into the corporate headquarters work structure," Konami stated. "The name and organization has changed, but as before, MGSV: TPP is continuing as a work from director Kojima and the existing team members.

"The social networking account has also been changed, but the new account has the same Metal Gear team members as the previous one, and is updating with the latest news. As the team members who are tweeting is unchanged, we would like your continued support and follows.

“Naturally director Kojima is playing the game, checking all the small details and giving directions to the staff as the title continues to completion. Bringing the thoughts and ideas of director Kojima in an open world game of the size of TPP is incredibly difficult, the director and the team that’s been there from the start are coming together as one as they aim to finish the game, so please give them the support they need.”

Konami also confirmed Kojima will be doing fewer interviews.

That's...harsh. =[ Can't believe they won't even let him do many interviews now either. Konami are a-holes.

They are basically silencing him from commicucating with fans, thats fucked.

Bet Kojima can't wait to get out of there now, poor guy.

Kojima Productions Logo Pulled From Silent Hills Website

The website for Silent Hills no longer sports the Kojima Productions logo, calling into question the status of Konami's upcoming horror game and Hideo Kojima's involvement.

The logo, which originally appeared on the bottom left-hand corner of the site has been removed, and now only an icon of the FOX Engine remains.

We contacted the publisher regarding this change and received the following response: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements."

With regard to Kojma's involvement in Silent Hills, Konami added that they "have no new announcements regarding P.T./Silent Hill at this time."

Thanks to dwibs for pointing this out in the statuses.

Konami appears to be reinserting references to Kojima in Metal Gear Solid branding?

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection branding and product page updated to re-include reference to Kojima.

Konami also appears to have put Kojima's name back in the product description of Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEtRoZ5FWNc

What the fuck is going on at Konami?!

• Thumbs Up 1

They see the backlash and are backpedaling, we can become their worst enemys if they piss us off too much right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well they are trying to sell a product to the consumers. So pissing off the people they want to have their things is basically shooting yourself in the foot.

I still don't see this as very good news for Kojima. All they're doing is trying to please the fans a bit, but Kojima is probably still pissed off about everything they pulled already. We'll have to see how things play out, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

omfg so it's definitely confirmed that he's been fired. What the hell were Konami thinking..? o__o

Well whatever, maybe it's best for Kojima to stay away from that bloody company anyway. I actually want Konami to die right now that's how much I hate them.

I like the term "categorically".

They're saying "Oh, TECHNICALLY he wasn't fired, but in a sense it could sorta have been true..."

All they're doing is dancing around the subject because they don't want to admit they screwed the guy because he's getting more attention than they are.

What the hell is it with executives letting their egos get the best of them that they end up shooting themselves in the foot?

Oy...

Seems like the beginning of the end for Konami.

Seems I can't count all the companies in desperate need of new management on one hand.

Annnd Donna Burke has provided more clarification.

I agree, Konami- I should be more accurate.

"Don't throw away the last 5 years because Konami changed the contract status of a genius"

Konami is correct in that Kojima has not actually been fired. As I stated previously he and his team are still working hard on getting the game out. My sincere apologies to Konami, Hideo Kojima and the fans for giving the wrong impression.

I was trying to add my voice to Otsuka-san pleading with the fans to not abandon MGSV because of the stuff happening at Konami and to throw my support behind Kojima and everyone who has worked over the last five years and is working to make this game the greatest ever.

This is true. Kojima himself confirmed in a statement that he was still "100% involved" in the completion of The Phantom Pain, and was "determined to make it the greatest game I've directed to date."

So my apologies for upsetting you all. — Donna Burke

Smells of backpeddling, Sounds more like Konami threated to break her legs if she spoke out anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Kojima is really leaving Konami, then I can't imagine how long it will survive without him.

Smells of backpeddling, Sounds more like Konami threated to break her legs if she spoke out anymore.

It would be a real scumbag move from Konami if we found it that they really did threaten her to correct what she said.

If Kojima is really leaving Konami, then I can't imagine how long it will survive without him.

It would be a real scumbag move from Konami if we found it that they really did threaten her to correct what she said.

Its common though, until the game is out shes under Konami's contract too and she can't speak out against anything thats going on currently, if she does and still continues to do so they can force the team to cut all material she was involved with out of the game, and nobody wants that.

So they probably "politely" asked her to revise what she said or there would be consequences.

Its common though, until the game is out shes under Konami's contract too and she can't speak out against anything thats going on currently, if she does and still continues to do so they can force the team to cut all material she was involved with out of the game, and nobody wants that.

So they probably "politely" asked her to revise what she said or there would be consequences.

I really hope they "politely" asked her do so too.

I really hope they "politely" asked her do so too.

She shouldn't have said what she said via twitter. As she is employed by Konami then they have the right to take disciplinary action against her, because what she said could have repercussions/conflict of interest. Although I'm sure it hasn't come to that.

Just like goku said, it was likely a quiet reminder that "if you want to get paid then keep your mouth shut".

She shouldn't have said what she said via twitter. As she is employed by Konami then they have the right to take disciplinary action against her, because what she said could have repercussions/conflict of interest. Although I'm sure it hasn't come to that.

Just like goku said, it was likely a quiet reminder that "if you want to get paid then keep your mouth shut".

Yeah you're right. Well, at least she didn't say anything particularly really bad about Konami right? I guess only she sort of got off with only a warning from them. But, I still will wonder what will happen afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Super Bunnyhop gotten a Copyright strike from Konami, about the video he made not long ago about Kojima vs Konami.  Gaf has a thread about it too.

Mirror about the video

and Jim has a tweet about it too https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/597769975517081600

What i do think about it overall its a lot of exaggeration from Konami, i believe they just dont like getting criticized from the bad moves they do recently.

Is any of your thought SSMB members?