Awoo.

New Conker Game coming to Project Spark

Tani Coyote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSBMgJ-kpjA

Starting April 23, Conker will finally be making his return... as a "play and create" experience in Project Spark.

The game will take place 10 years after the events of Conker's Bad Fur Day and be an episodic series by the name of "Conker's Big Reunion," with the focus of all the episodes being a washed up Conker's attempts to get his life back together so he can attend a reunion with some friends.

The humor is to stay true to the original, consisting of everything from more sophisticated self-deprecation and parodies of pop culture to the ever classy toilet humor.

Conker's original voice actor Chris Seavor will be returning to play the character. The episodes will contain hundreds of assets based on Conker's Bad Fur Day, as well as a large number of remastered tracks from the same game.

It was ultimately reasoned that Conker best represented the freedom of expression and "unleashing the unexpected" that Project Spark aims for.

Anyone planning on getting it? I'd have gone for it but alas, I don't have an Xbox One.

It's good their Conker teaser for Project Spark was more than just a cameo after all!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's nice that they have an episode for you to play through straight, versus the implication at E3 that all we were getting were assets to just make a game ourselves. I kinda want it in that regard, but I'm inevitably going to have to buy a more expensive game to get access to a small portion of its content, and that strikes me as less than ideal so much that I don't feel like bothering. It's like a bribe to me. "You want Conker? Buy our game creator first!"

With Seavor back on board, Conker still should have been revived in his own franchise. Donkey Kong Country got the good treatment, as did Killer Instinct. =/

• Thumbs Up 2

Um, Project Spark is a free game. You can download it on Windows 8/10 and I think X1 for free and play anything that was made or use the free content that's given and make your own stuff. You can buy more objects and stuff to make your games more varied.

This is a good thing.

This is Microsoft being aware that people like Rare's IPs and they haven't forgotten them. It's a relatively small step, but holy shit it's still a step. Rare's merry band of googly eyed animal mascots isn't dead yet.

Oh this thing is for Windows?  Count me excited-ish then.  I'll be honest that trailer was painfully tame and not at all Conker-like, but we'll have to see what the final game is like when it arrives.  Can't argue too much with free stuff.

EDIT: Oh Windows 8 only?  Pfft.  Guess I'll be waiting til the free Windows 10 upgrade to play this then.

Um, Project Spark is a free game. You can download it on Windows 8/10 and I think X1 for free and play anything that was made or use the free content that's given and make your own stuff. You can buy more objects and stuff to make your games more varied.

So this is, in essence, a free Conker episode? Then I stand corrected.

Now, I'm not really sure if the Conker Episodes will be free, but it'll most likely be hell of a lot cheaper than if they made a full Conker game for $60. 

I'm only interested in this if Chris Seavor is involved beyond just voice acting and if the game play is going to remain unique enough beyond it's framework.

Overall I'm very mixed. I can't say this is what I hoped for, especially after Seavor had already outlined a sequel after Live & Reloaded.

Um, Project Spark is a free game. You can download it on Windows 8/10 and I think X1 for free and play anything that was made or use the free content that's given and make your own stuff. You can buy stuff to use if you want to make games, but otherwise, it's free.

Pretty sure these games aren't going to be free.

Now, I'm not really sure if the Conker Episodes will be free, but it'll most likely be hell of a lot cheaper than if they made a full Conker game for $60. 

Well of course an episode will be cheaper than a full game, but the value of a dollar naturally scales with the amount of content anyway. The more you offer me that appeals to me, the more money I'd be willing to part with as I'd perceive greater value. I bought Rayman Origins for $60 and it was money well spent, despite it bombing down in price relatively soon. I certainly wouldn't mind paying that same amount for a solidly-done, 3D sequel to Bad Fur Day.

Well that announcement video was pretty miserably put together, but it seems kinda neat. Wonder if it's actually going to be any good, though.

Oh so now we WILL probably have to pay for this then.  Prolly good to have to wait, time for opinions and such to come in about it.  The trailer didn't instill me with confidence, though it might've been one of those "we made this 100% using the in-game tools!" type dealies.

Well someone gotta post it so.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Co0gfj18

He's back guys! :D

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait, isn't Project Spark Rated E+10? Wonder if this will change anything, or not.

Lol, my favorite part is that fucking Live and Reloaded had better graphics.

Why is this so ugly

• Thumbs Up 5

Lol, my favorite part is that fucking Live and Reloaded had better graphics.

Why is this so ugly

I really think complaining such graphics would be fair if it weren't for the fact that Project Spark's graphics from the start aren't exactly next-gen (You know, since the game is in some form playable on Windows 10 tablets)

I really think complaining such graphics would be fair if it weren't for the fact that Project Spark's graphics from the start aren't exactly next-gen (You know, since the game is in some form playable on Windows 10 tablets)

Doesn't really mean its not justifed to call it out.

There's a difference between graphical fidelity and graphical style. I think it's a bit misleading to say Project Spark has worse graphics. A worse style is very arguable, especially since he doesn't really emote in the face all that much. But I'm pretty sure we're toting far more polygons and lighting tech at this point.

• Thumbs Up 4

There's a difference between graphical fidelity and graphical style. I think it's a bit misleading to say Project Spark has worse graphics. A worse style is very arguable, especially since he doesn't really emote in the face all that much. But I'm pretty sure we're toting far more polygons and lighting tech at this point.

I'm being a bit facetious - I am aware of the more techy side of this stuff. The lighting is extremely drab though, and the animation is atrocious. It's honestly borderline unacceptable for an Xbox One game.

• Thumbs Up 1

That trailer just screamed "try hard" to me.

How do we make a conker sequel? Shit jokes and guns, that's all Conker's humor had going for it apparently.

• Thumbs Up 1

It could also be possible because of the look and style of Project Spark. The way Conker looks in this game was so he could fit naturally in the art style and world of Project Spark, and that's actually done very well. I just saw some gameplay of Conker Live and Reloaded and it's clear that both games have extremely different graphic styles.

That trailer just screamed "try hard" to me.

How do we make a conker sequel? Shit jokes and guns, that's all Conker's humor had going for it apparently.

They were obviously trying to appease the crowd that only knows Conker for the Great Mighty Poo. Unfortunately, that crowd is the majority of video game fans.

So this could be good, or bad. I dunno really, the trailer didn't impress much and I don't know if Project Spark is a game I'd like. Unless this Conker thing is received well, then I might check it out on Windows 10.

Well someone gotta post it so.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Co0gfj18

He's back guys! :D

This was the best thing to come out of MS showing last year haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Huge bump.

Second trailer for Conker's Big Reunion.

Developer's Commentary on Conker('s Big Reunion) that includes a rough recreation of the first 10 or so minutes of Bad Fur Day in Project Spark.

And in somewhat related news, someone at DK Vine is recreating Conker's Pocket Tales in Project Spark.

Well, if nothing else, the Conker's Pocket Tales remake may finally convince me to get an Xbox One. Or something.

Quick question: should I stop being so fearful of the Xbone?