Awoo.

Club Nintendo/Future Rewards Program Topic

Lady Soniko

club-nintendo.jpg

Since we lost the original Club Nintendo topic, I decided to make another one.

Club Nintendo is a rewards program for people who support Nintendo's products and services, you get points for registering a code included on a slip with Nintendo games (DS,3DS,Wii, Wii U) and with various hardware (DS,DSi,3DS,3DS XL,Wii,Wii U) the points are measured in "Stars" (UK) and "Coins" (US & JPN)

TM_ProductCode_CMM_small.png

The number of Stars/Coins you get vary from product to product, a game normally nets you 250 Stars where as a console can net you from 400 to 750 stars. You use your accumulated Coins/Stars to purchase Club Nintendo exclusive goodies such as physical limited edition goods like stationary sets, soundtrack CD's, Keychains, Plush toys and even Downloadable games. Each item varies in price.

Screen-shot-2015-02-02-at-5.39.29-AM-656

Currently Club Nintendo won't be around for much longer as they're closing the rewards program in September for good so if you've got any remaining points be sure to spend them up before then! Be warned though as they still have plenty of time to add new goods to the stores so save your currency wisely or you might miss out on some great gems...

img_mario_cd.jpgzelda_soundtrack_club_nintendo_1.jpg

Nintendo promise that the rewards system isn't scrapped for good though, as they're in the process of announcing and bringing us a "new" rewards system some time in the future that will be an improvement over the original CN.

P.S UK CN users, Nintendo have just listed a bunch of downloadable games on their star's catalogue so give it a look, the prices for some of the games are laughable though.

I'm glad they've introduced games, that was the kind of thing I wanted to spend my stars on in the first place lmao. 

Plus, the catalogue has gotten really dry recently.

*browses through Club Nintendo of EU*

Metroid Fusion: 1800 stars

Mario Kart 8 DLC: 2100 stars

Mario Tennis GBC: 2800 stars

Does whoever runs this site have any concept of relativity whatsoever??

They finally introduced games on the EU Eshop. I decided to get Metroid Fusion.

Dillon for 5600 stars and Chibi-Photo for 7300 is pretty ridiculous, I feel like Nintendo just throws darts when deciding their prices now. I'd rather use legitimate money than use up stars on some of these lol

Also, uhhh...

482fb53674dfcf951353e85d02ca2b06.png

Oh nice. -looks in catalog-

9538b781fc9be1d20cffaba5081e3c4c.png

...Great math Nintendo!

I could download The Minish Cap on my 3DS although it's listed as a Wii U game.

That was only for ambassadors around the time of the 3DS's launch as part of a set of GBA games running on pretty bad emulation hardware. Not just anyone can get em.

Just remember as well that for some reason, GBA Games are costing less stars than SNES games despite the fact GBA games cost more on the EShop.

That was only for ambassadors around the time of the 3DS's launch as part of a set of GBA games running on pretty bad emulation hardware. Not just anyone can get em.

I know.

The fact is, I was not an Ambassador. Never. My old 3DS was second hand, and while I bought the N3DS XL when it launched, I doubt they had the Ambassador thing running.

And several people on Neogaf could download the game on their 3DS too.

I have around 4,000 Stars on my account and the one reward I wanted is now sold out. Australia's CN rarely ever gets updated, so I do wonder if we'll be stuck with the current prizes until September.

Nintendo is somehow having trouble sending the smash posters to me. Three times I have gotten an email saying there had been an incident. I would then email to get them to check what's wrong or something.

I'm not sure what's up but I just want the stuff to arrive. I don't wanna end up wasting my coins for nothing.

Any recommendations on what 3DS titles in the European Club Nintendo catalogue to try out?  I'm pretty certain I'm going to grab Potzol's Puzzle, but I'm less sure about Hana Samurai (I've heard it gets very grindy) and 3D Xevious (apparently the gameplay is pretty slim).  A lot of the other big names I already have, like Dillon's Rolling Western, Pullblox, Hydroventure - all of which I highly recommend, by the way.

Wow, they actually put games on for EU members? Thanks for the heads-up!

I only had 1600 stars which had previously left me with nothing worth getting. I didn't have a great amount of choice now either, until I saw Link's Awakening. I've never actually had an opportunity to play this properly, so that's perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up! The Super Mario 3D World and Kirby Triple Deluxe soundtracks are now back in stock in the European Stars Catalogue!

5204-5345389a17bdb.png

5245-541fdd07aad39.png

If you missed out before, now's your chance! Grab 'em before they're gone!

Well, I decided to use my stars to get Metroid Fusion and WarioWare Microgames. I'm happy that Nintendo finally put games on the UK Club Nintendo.

I just realized tomorrow's the last day to register stuff, and I've been so busy I nearly forgot about it until this afternoon. So I put in a bunch of codes and it turns out I'm 40 coins short of Platinum status. haha That sounds about right.

I did also notice that for some reason my registration for Smash Bros. U didn't go through when I registered back in February, so I might try to call Nintendo and see if they can add it back to my account and get it fixed.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to even redeem these coins on; I grabbed Yoshi's Island early on, but I haven't been in a rush to grab anything else. I may pick up Link's Awakening, but nothing else really stands out to me.

EDIT: Just got the hook-up from Nintendo's customer service, coins for Smash Bros. restored. Didn't expect anything to be done about it so close to the deadline, but the person who helped me was very generous and nice about it. We even briefly talked about how much we liked Hyrule Warriors, which was cool. I'm at 740 coins, so I might hold out and see what the Platinum game offerings are.

Edited by Zaysho

Thanks for the tip-off; there's more stuff I need to register and check on, too, but there's never a good time until the last moment.

Edit: Hmm, the above link doesn't make it clear for me when you have to stop registering physical game products; it rules out digital, but my digital games never showed up anyway, so.

I need to redeem Boom and Majoras Mask tonight then.

You mean Majora's Mask 3D? It won't have a code because its too new. Anything released after the announcement of Club Nintendo shutting down doesn't have a code.

• Thumbs Up 1

Majora's Mask 3D does have a Club Nintendo code inside the box, at least in Europe.

I thought the cut-off date for new codes being issued was around the end of February/start of March (hence why none of the New 3DS systems come with any), but the copy of Mario Party 10 I bought just over a week ago had one in too. Weird. So yeah, in this part of the world anyway, there's still a chance to grab some extra stars if you want to top up your balance.

You mean Majora's Mask 3D? It won't have a code because its too new. Anything released after the announcement of Club Nintendo shutting down doesn't have a code.

Jokes on you because mine does have a code slip otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

MK'd

They don't appear to have actually shown up in the Stars Catalogue yet, but... Mario Kart 8 folders for Europe!

11094709_672921422812454_646392908909956

EDIT: They're up now and cost 1500 stars

Platinum and Gold rewards are live for the US (not sure when it's effective for other territories). We have the following choices:

Platinum - 3DS Options

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Mario Golf World Tour

Mario Kart 7

Mario Party Island Tour

New Super Mario Bros 2

Yoshi's New Island

Ultimate NES Remix

Platinum - Wii U Options

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

NES Remix 2

Punch-Out (Wii)

Pushmo World

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

Gold - 3DS Options

Pushmo

Crashmo

Freakyforms: Your Creations Alive

Super Mario Bros 3

Super Mario Bros Deluxe

Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

The Mysterious Murasame Castle

Gold - Wii U Options

Advance Wars

Legend of Zelda

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Metroid Fusion

Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels

Super Mario Kart

WarioWare Mega Microgame$

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

The rewards will be redeemable until April 30, 2015.

You guys got some extremely nice prizes, especially considering Mario Party 3DS is only a few months old.