Awoo.

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - Confirmed (Feburary 2nd 2016)

Ryannumber1gamer

Let me just say that this is one thing I've been hoping for since the announcement of the PS4. Gravity Rush is one of the best PS Vita games and just a damn good game all around. Now it looks like that amazing game is getting a PS4 remaster. That's right, A Korean rating system has leaked Gravity Rush Remastered.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-20-looks-like-gravity-rush-remaster-is-coming-to-ps4

Edited by Ryannumber1Santa
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've posited for a long time that this is a game that should have been developed for a home console from the outset, if only because the great core was strained by a lack of any cohesion what-so-ever, which might have been remedied if the developers had more leeway to let loose a little. I bought a Vita for this game, only for me to be left sorely disappointed by it's fun ways of traversal not being given any interesting context in ways of puzzles or combat. If any game was in dire need of a sequel to fix it's flaws and live up to it's great concept, this game is it.

I doubt I'll be in it for this remaster since chances are we're just looking at the same flawed game but on the big screen.

Quite enjoyed the setting and characters though. Kat is one of my favorite female protagonists.

My friend wants a Gravity Rush 2 SO bad. But the sequel was never going to happen since Sony ditched the Vita. Now since Gravity Rush is making an appearance on the PS4, GR2 can be back on the cards again. They have ported the engine and everything.

So even if you're not happy of this announcement of the game you already played, at least you know as long this remaster gets good sales we can finally get the sequel.

THE KAT IS BACK.

Sony needs to add the DLC Episodes into this as well. They were some fun.

I do think Kat is one of the best heroines out there, and I really enjoyed the story and character interaction between Kat, Sydney, Raven, and Yunica.

I'd imagine that with it being a remastered port, they'll include all the DLC into the package like a "Definitive Edition".

As good and dandy as this is for PS4 owners I'm a bit pissed off. This was one of the only games Vita had going for it. It has many more but this is the most popular/ only real exclusive series it had for it. I mean I already have a Vita and no need for a PS4 but for a handheld that is hungry for exclusives they sure seem to be doing the opposite of what they should do for it.

That's pretty cool, actually. I've heard of Gravity Rush some time ago and I must say the whole gameplay concept really interest me. Tho' I don't think I'm going to buy PS4 anytime soon... BUT maybe I'll buy Vita version - that is when I finally buy Vita... (only because of Sly 4, P4 Dancing All Night, Project Diva, P4 Golden and Tearaway)

As a Vita owner who owns this game.

EPIC! Gravity Rush was a blast on Vita, will love to see this remastered and on a big screen.

Also more or less confirms GR2 is a PS4 game now.

Thanks Sony, now I don't have to buy a Vita to get both Tearaway and Gravity Rush and its potential sequel. =]

Seriously though this pretty much confirms that the Vita is dead and Sony is moving most of its exclusives to PS4.

• Thumbs Up 3

Happy to hear, can't wait to give a shot.. but overall am tired about the remastered idea of the last gen ported to the current Generation. too much of them.

Would be nice if they up the polycount on models and improve the celshader, tho I'm not expecting too much.

Now, the sequel has the potential to blow minds if they expand on the core gameplay and go nuts on the visuals, GR's artstyle is just too good.

I've posited for a long time that this is a game that should have been developed for a home console from the outset,

Well, it started as a PS3 game originally.

The one reason to own a Vita: Now on PS4

Tearaway and Gravity Rush both ported to PS4. What's the point now?

Tearaway and Gravity Rush both ported to PS4. What's the point now?

I'm still wondering when they'll decide to make Uncharted Golden Abyss: Remastered.

Wait, they ditched the Vita? I thought that was still (officially) supported.

This is a remaster, not the sequel.

The sequel is most likely getting ported to PS4 or being developed exclusively for PS4.

I'm still wondering when they'll decide to make Uncharted Golden Abyss: Remastered.

Uncharted Remastered Collection. You know they'll make it, it's just a matter of when.

Gravity Rush was actually the first game I got for my Vita, and I rather enjoyed it, so I'm glad to see it's getting a hi-def makeover.

This is a remaster, not the sequel.

The sequel is most likely getting ported to PS4 or being developed exclusively for PS4.

...that's not what I said at all.

I know this is a remaster. Just that people were saying the Vita is dead, yet when I look it up, it says it's still supported...

Though now that I reread my post, I can see how you would think I said something else. I should have made that clear.

Lol yeah, a game which came out in 2012 which was given away for free and is currently $1 on the store is killing a system.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol yeah, a game which came out in 2012 which was given away for free and is currently $1 on the store is killing a system.

Price has nothing to do with system sellers. Same with dates. I also think it's important to look at the context in that there's a trend of Sony handheld titles being ported over to the console. Tearaway and Gravity Rush were ported over and were the main two games for justifying the purchase of a PSVita. Now that you can play a superior version of those games on a different platform, why bother.