Awoo.

Muscles Maximum

Lol but Silver can keep up with a boosting Sonic and can fly as fast as the top five, unless you mean pure running speed.

Knuckles, Rouge, Amy, Tails, and Espio should not be above him. This is the guy that put up the best fight against Infinite besides Sonic from the Resistance, and was seen keeping pace with Infinite and tagging him, as shown by him causing Infinite to drop a PR Prototype. 

Sure, he still got rekt pretty easily, but conpared to Sonic's first go, he undoubtedly did better, and Infinite's words state he MIGHT have been worse than Sonic on his second try.

1.- Eggman (literally cannot be outrun when Sonic chases him)

2.- Sonic

3.- Everyone else.

On 2/19/2019 at 3:18 AM, Foxthefox1000 said:

Lol but Silver can keep up with a boosting Sonic and can fly as fast as the top five, unless you mean pure running speed.

Knuckles, Rouge, Amy, Tails, and Espio should not be above him. This is the guy that put up the best fight against Infinite besides Sonic from the Resistance, and was seen keeping pace with Infinite and tagging him, as shown by him causing Infinite to drop a PR Prototype. 

Sure, he still got rekt pretty easily, but conpared to Sonic's first go, he undoubtedly did better, and Infinite's words state he MIGHT have been worse than Sonic on his second try.

Oh yeah I forgot about his fight with Infinite in pulling what looked like a boost himself and yeah I was taking into account just actual running speed but with that said yeah he's 5th place below Blaze.

38 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

Oh yeah I forgot about his fight with Infinite in pulling what looked like a boost himself and yeah I was taking into account just actual running speed but with that said yeah he's 5th place below Blaze.

Other examples include the CG cut-scenes in 06, where he could fly across the city in the blink of an eye, and the Sonic Generations Boss Battle, were he could also fly at Boost-era speeds.

If his flight is fair game, I think sticking him in somewhere under Blaze is the best call to make.

Being consistently able to Rival Sonic and Shadow and keep up with them, plus the fact he leaves Blaze in the dust in 06 lends me to believe he's most definitely not below her. But maybe not.

I only say this because Blaze hasn't really been seen boosting and rivaling Sonic as of Generations or Unleashed where he's actually got an official speed, or the canon acknowledgement of him maybe being light speed in Colors DS, but I guess people like to hold onto the past and her "speed" ranking a lot (despite Amy being Speed and many putting her below Tails or even Knuckles despite them not having the feats and canon ability to rival a boosting Sonic unlike Shadow and Silver, the ONLY ones with that feat to their name). I mean, yeah, she's impressive, but I'd think Silver at this point has accomplished the same amount or even better feats in base forms. I'd put them on equal terms.

Even then, Silver's flying is pretty much their forms of boosting, so like? Yeah.

• 11 months later...

1. Silver

2. Metal Sonic

3. Sonic

4. Shadow

5. Blaze

6. Dr. Robotnik

7. Tails

8. Knuckles

9. Rouge

10. Espio

I'd say most of the 'main' cast (barring Big) is pretty close though.

Putting it all in a spoiler box because my headcanon speed list is huge (even if I'm skipping a ton of minor side characters)

Spoiler

1. Super Sonic

2. Super Shadow

3. Other Super characters

4. Sonic

5. Shadow = Metal Sonic

6. Rebooted Silver (He runs pretty darn fast in Generations 3DS, and that's not counting teleportation and flight)

7. Blaze

9. Amy

9. Tails

10. Knuckles

11. Omega

12.  Charmy

13.  Cream

14. Rouge

15. Vector

16. Big

17. Eggman (on average he's the slowest because of his low stamina and unfitness, but he can will himself to go incredibly fast for a few seconds, enough to outrun Sonic)

18. 06 Silver

I realize I put Orbot & Cubot about as fast as Cream and am like what? There's not really an instance supporting that to my recollection and I seem to recall instances where they're explicitly outran by the Eggmobile.

I might also put Zeena with or ahead of Zavok, depending on how she does in Speed Battle.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really an arbitrary topic now that I think about it.

In terms of reactions times and who can keep up in a fight, no character (besides Sonic the Protagonist) really has an edge on their competition. I guess we're determining this by purely travel speed? If such is the case, then we already know most Power Types are the slowest on foot. Flying Type Characters, however, are actually portrayed as very fast and can travel almost as fast as Speed Type of characters.

Obviously, there's deviations, like Cream being capable of keeping up with a Boosting Sonic in Generations, Knuckles keeping up with Sonic and Tails and thus Rouge by association for keeping up with Knuckles, and then Omega for being designed to put Shadow down, meaning he's probably the fastest Power Type sans Knuckles. Then there's the odd case of Silver who has varied significantly but recently has shown speed on foot and in flight relatively on par with the other Hedeghogs (even exceeding boosting Sonic in his Generations boss fights).

Personally, a revised list disincluding Super forms and such would probably look like this: 

- Infinite (Sonic never did exceed Infinite on his lonesome in the story as it took a Double Boost and even then Sonic and the Avatar only barely catch up to his casual backwards flying)

- Sonic/Classic Sonic

- Shadow/Metal Sonic/Blaze (arguably Silver as well)

- Silver

- Amy Rose

- Espio

- Tails/Cream

- Knuckles

- Rouge/Charmy

- Zavok (Recent IDW Comics and stats from side material show he's more of a Power Type and is seemingly going to fight on par with Rouge even while empowered by an Emerald no less in upcoming IDW Issues)

- Omega

- Vector

- Big

Think those are most of the reoccurring cast.