Awoo.

Muscles Maximum

Both.

Nowhere is it written that fliers must be fast, or that strongmen must be slow, or, more to the point, that any given strongman must be slower than any given flier. SEGA clearly doesn't feel beholden to your reasoning given the fact the power characters are faster than the fly characters in Heroes and that, outside of London Olympics, Knuckles is always Tails equal or superior in speed. Ultimately this is just you bullshitting a justification for Tails being faster than Knuckles despite the fact that, outside of one anomalous instance, he is not and never has been portrayed as being so. In the face of the facts your argument here holds about as much water as if you'd said that  2 + 2 = 5.

One of Tails' upgrades in Adventure increases his flight speed. Which means that his flight speed is either faster than his ground speed, or both of Tails' speeds are increased. Although I'm sure Tails is meant to be faster while flying, anyway. Since in Sonic 2 and 3, he catches up to Sonic by flying through the air rather than just moving on the ground. 

I never said Strongment are slow, what I was trying to say was that logically if you have incredible strength you would be capable of running at high speeds. But someone who specializes in flight, and speed and agility as a result, would have the same advantage as a speedster like Sonic would have over someone with superstrength. 

In Sonic Heroes, Flight-types are usually right behind you when you are in speed formation, while Power-types often get left behind. 

One of Tails' upgrades in Adventure increases his flight speed. Which means that his flight speed is either faster than his ground speed, or both of Tails' speeds are increased. 

Or that his flying speed is equal to his ground speed and the jet anklet makes it slightly faster, or that it's less than his ground speed and the jet anklet makes it slightly faster than his ground speed, or that it's less than his ground speed and the jet anklet makes it equal to his ground speed, or that it's less than his ground speed and with the jet anklet makes it's still slower than his ground speed but slightly faster than his default flying speed since simply saying "increased flying speed" implies absolutely nothing about how fast that is relative to his ground speed, or that the jet anklet doesn't do anything at all and simply runs on the placebo effect. There are more possibilities than the ones that support your argument.

Whatever the case may be the question here is how fast can Tails fly, not how fast a one off power-up can propel him and if Adventure is anything like the Classics in this regard then the character's top airspeed is the same as their top ground speed.

Although I'm sure Tails is meant to be faster while flying, anyway. Since in Sonic 2 and 3, he catches up to Sonic by flying through the air rather than just moving on the ground. 

And as mentioned above his max airspeed in the Classics is the same as his max ground speed. More likely flying helps him catch up by bypassing obstacles rather than actually increasing his speed.

I never said Strongment are slow, what I was trying to say was that logically if you have incredible strength you would be capable of running at high speeds. But someone who specializes in flight, and speed and agility as a result, would have the same advantage as a speedster like Sonic would have over someone with superstrength. 

There's no logic to be had. You are conflating flight with speed and agility when the former does not necessarily imply the latter two anymore than strength implies being slow as molasses.

In Sonic Heroes, Flight-types are usually right behind you when you are in speed formation, while Power-types often get left behind. 

And in Power Formation the Speed-Type and Fly-Type characters run at an equal distance behind the Power-Type, they're formations not free-for-alls so the order in which arranged has little bearing on their relative speeds. And once again, when you actually take control of them the fly characters are much, much, slower than the power characters.

Edited by Bowbowis

I would like to make an edit to my initial analysis. If you all don't mind.

i was wrong, while yes I still believe shadow is the fastest based on his chaos control abilities, some of which don't really seem like they require emeralds anymore. I would like to make a.... controversial?  Edit?

Sonic boom shadow is actually the fastest sonic character in existence. As of currently. Untill something happens.

As of currently while yes I believe that the non time stop powers are just things shadow can do on his own now, someone could make the argument that that stopping time takes quite a lot of energy , and since the other abilities don't he can, hypothetically speaking draw power from chaos emeralds far away because he's grown more power. That maybe he hasn't actually gotten those abiities on his own, rather his range for absorbing chaos energy is increased. I don't think that's true, and while the comics are non canon, I think as of currently they are good bases for what the characters can and can't do , and those things sort of proved shadow's abilities are his own. Along with the black arms in his own games also proving it. But I feel like the argument could still be made.

However sonic boom shadow exists in a world with no chaos emeralds, and a teleportation ability. So Sonic Boom shadow i suppose.I know when folks bring up sonic boom, some folks are quick to discount it , but I think its something to be humored.

Also there were a few pages of arguments about how the teleporting works. I have no definitive proof, I have some possible evidence that its warping and not moviing super fast. And that's this, ok, you remember in sonic adventure 2 when shadow saves rouge? Think about that room, that was a military based, shut down, self destructing. There was literally no way out, if shall dow was moving super fast, he would still fall victim to walls. I don't think shadow is vibrating his molecules , like the flash either. Light cannot go through a solid wall. he teleports her out of there and onto the arc. Now think about this for a sec, hear me out. And I think this is an explanation on why shadow doesn't teleport everywhere. if shadow was moving at light speed, could hypothetically speaking just teleport everywhere and not do anything else. He wouldn't need to run much , just save up his energy to do that. I think he's creating worm holes or shortening reality to get to another place, because when he teleports usually its to somewhere he knows where's going..If he was moving at light speed, besides walls, he could see where he's going navigate. But shadow can't, that's the flaw, its a vastly superior form of teleportation, but he needs to know where's going. Because he could accidentally teleport himself, into something. Because his teleportation isn't like the terminators going back in time where it causes in an energy blast and destroys shit in the immediate area, he just appears, he exists in new space. And say if that new space occupied another thing, it could... kill him. He isn't navigating he goes " i wanna go here" thinks about where that is in space and " boop" there it is. I would actually love to see like a visual representation of that in a comic or something, Reality just bending around him and " boop"

Edited by Shadowlax

I would like to make an edit to my initial analysis. If you all don't mind.

i was wrong, while yes I still believe shadow is the fastest based on his chaos control abilities, some of which don't really seem like they require emeralds anymore. I would like to make a.... controversial?  Edit?

Sonic boom shadow is actually the fastest sonic character in existence. As of currently. Untill something happens.

As of currently while yes I believe that the non time stop powers are just things shadow can do on his own now, someone could make the argument that that stopping time takes quite a lot of energy , and since the other abilities don't he can, hypothetically speaking draw power from chaos emeralds far away because he's grown more power. That maybe he hasn't actually gotten those abiities on his own, rather his range for absorbing chaos energy is increased. I don't think that's true, and while the comics are non canon, I think as of currently they are good bases for what the characters can and can't do , and those things sort of proved shadow's abilities are his own. Along with the black arms in his own games also proving it. But I feel like the argument could still be made.

However sonic boom shadow exists in a world with no chaos emeralds, and a teleportation ability. So Sonic Boom shadow i suppose.I know when folks bring up sonic boom, some folks are quick to discount it , but I think its something to be humored.

Also there were a few pages of arguments about how the teleporting works. I have no definitive proof, I have some possible evidence that its warping and not moviing super fast. And that's this, ok, you remember in sonic adventure 2 when shadow saves rouge? Think about that room, that was a military based, shut down, self destructing. There was literally no way out, if shall dow was moving super fast, he would still fall victim to walls. I don't think shadow is vibrating his molecules , like the flash either. Light cannot go through a solid wall. he teleports her out of there and onto the arc. Now think about this for a sec, hear me out. And I think this is an explanation on why shadow doesn't teleport everywhere. if shadow was moving at light speed, could hypothetically speaking just teleport everywhere and not do anything else. He wouldn't need to run much , just save up his energy to do that. I think he's creating worm holes or shortening reality to get to another place, because when he teleports usually its to somewhere he knows where's going..If he was moving at light speed, besides walls, he could see where he's going navigate. But shadow can't, that's the flaw, its a vastly superior form of teleportation, but he needs to know where's going. Because he could accidentally teleport himself, into something. Because his teleportation isn't like the terminators going back in time where it causes in an energy blast and destroys shit in the immediate area, he just appears, he exists in new space. And say if that new space occupied another thing, it could... kill him. He isn't navigating he goes " i wanna go here" thinks about where that is in space and " boop" there it is. I would actually love to see like a visual representation of that in a comic or something, Reality just bending around him and " boop"

Actually, Shadow can move at lightspeed due to the Lightspeed Dash/Attack.

Or that his flying speed is equal to his ground speed and the jet anklet makes it slightly faster, or that it's less than his ground speed and the jet anklet makes it slightly faster than his ground speed, or that it's less than his ground speed and the jet anklet makes it equal to his ground speed, or that it's less than his ground speed and with the jet anklet makes it's still slower than his ground speed but slightly faster than his default flying speed since simply saying "increased flying speed" implies absolutely nothing about how fast that is relative to his ground speed, or that the jet anklet doesn't do anything at all and simply runs on the placebo effect. There are more possibilities than the ones that support your argument.

Whatever the case may be the question here is how fast can Tails fly, not how fast a one off power-up can propel him and if Adventure is anything like the Classics in this regard then the character's top airspeed is the same as their top ground speed.

And as mentioned above his max airspeed in the Classics is the same as his max ground speed. More likely flying helps him catch up by bypassing obstacles rather than actually increasing his speed.

There's no logic to be had. You are conflating flight with speed and agility when the former does not necessarily imply the latter two anymore than strength implies being slow as molasses.

And in Power Formation the Speed-Type and Fly-Type characters run at an equal distance behind the Power-Type, they're formations not free-for-alls so the order in which arranged has little bearing on their relative speeds. And once again, when you actually take control of them the fly characters are much, much, slower than the power characters.

The purpose of the Jet Anklet is to increase Tails flying speed in SA1. I also want to point out that the upgrades in Adventure are based on what the characters are capable of. For example, Knuckles has been seen digging without shovel claws, and Amy has been seen spinning her hammer around without the Warrior Feather. Which means that Tails himself is capable of flying that fast. Anyways, the Jet Anklet increases Tails flightspeed in gameplay and gives him a bigger advantage in his races against Sonic and Eggman. 

Tails was created with the ability to Fly for the very purpose of being able to keep up with Sonic. That is a perfect example of how Flight is connected to Speed. There is a character from another franchise who is the best flyer in that series, and is known for being the fastest and is commonly compared to Sonic by fans. 

If the flight characters keep up with the Speed and Power-Types easily when in those formations, then they aren't actually as slow as they would appear when you control them solo. Plus, cut scenes show both Tails and Knuckles running right behind Sonic, which means they are actually much faster than in gameplay. At least as fast as they are when in Speed Formation. 

i dont even tthink thats actually light speed nor is it consistent enough to be mentioned 

The purpose of the Jet Anklet is to increase Tails flying speed in SA1. I also want to point out that the upgrades in Adventure are based on what the characters are capable of. For example, Knuckles has been seen digging without shovel claws, and Amy has been seen spinning her hammer around without the Warrior Feather. Which means that Tails himself is capable of flying that fast. Anyways, the Jet Anklet increases Tails flightspeed in gameplay and gives him a bigger advantage in his races against Sonic and Eggman. 

Tails was created with the ability to Fly for the very purpose of being able to keep up with Sonic. That is a perfect example of how Flight is connected to Speed. There is a character from another franchise who is the best flyer in that series, and is known for being the fastest and is commonly compared to Sonic by fans. 

If the flight characters keep up with the Speed and Power-Types easily when in those formations, then they aren't actually as slow as they would appear when you control them solo. Plus, cut scenes show both Tails and Knuckles running right behind Sonic, which means they are actually much faster than in gameplay. At least as fast as they are when in Speed Formation. 

Whatever dude. I'm done arguing with you on this. The facts speak for themselves and if you elect not to listen to them then that's your problem.

i dont even tthink thats actually light speed nor is it consistent enough to be mentioned 

It is lightspeed. Both Adventure games explicitly state that.

Whatever dude. I'm done arguing with you on this. The facts speak for themselves and if you elect not to listen to them then that's your problem.

I do listen to facts. And from everything I've ever learned and researched about this, Tails' speed is very close to Sonic's, and Knuckles' speed is right under Tails. So that Tails fighting Knuckles would be similar to Sonic fighting Knuckles. In the sense that, both Sonic and Tails can easily avoid Knuckles punches, but at the same time Knuckles can move fast enough to be able to land a couple hits. 

Sparky,

Knuckles and Sonic have used Chaos Control more extensively than Shadow.

Chaos Control is: Using the Emeralds to reality.

Each time Sonic transforms into Super Sonic he has warped or transformed himself. Each time he uses a chaos ability(like in chronicles which really showed what Super was capable of) he is using the chaos control.

Each time Knuckles returns to the Floating Island he uses the Master Emerald's Chaos Control to teleport back(he can't fly). 

Knuckles was born next to the Greatest Emerald and is the most proficient with it.

PS:

Shadow has never gone light speed and never will. Only Sonic and perhaps Metal have.

What? Chaos Control isn't every single use of an Emerald under the sun. It's a very specific move using the Emeralds as a power source. =/

• Thumbs Up 4

What? Chaos Control isn't every single use of an Emerald under the sun. It's a very specific move using the Emeralds as a power source. =/

No. It is using the emeralds to change reality. You can use the emeralds as power sources without initiating Chaos Control. Eggman does this a lot with his robots.

No. It is using the emeralds to change reality. You can use the emeralds as power sources without initiating Chaos Control. Eggman does this a lot with his robots.

No. This is a ridiculous and completely arbitrary redefinition of the term that's not supported by anything that has been said or shown by Sonic Team. If someone uses a Chaos Emerald to change gravity, that's not Chaos Control. Me saying "every use under the sun" was facetiousness.

Each time Knuckles returns to the Floating Island he uses the Master Emerald's Chaos Control to teleport back(he can't fly). 

No, im pretty sure its official since sonic 3 & knuckles that the island falls down to earth when the master emerald is removed and that it stays that way until the emerald is returned. Knuckles doesnt have to fly in order to get back to the island. Ofcourse, if i have missed some crucial detail in a later game where its explained that this is no longer the case, then i would be wrong. 

Sparky,

Knuckles and Sonic have used Chaos Control more extensively than Shadow.

Chaos Control is: Using the Emeralds to reality.

Each time Sonic transforms into Super Sonic he has warped or transformed himself. Each time he uses a chaos ability(like in chronicles which really showed what Super was capable of) he is using the chaos control.

Knuckles was born next to the Greatest Emerald and is the most proficient with it.

PS:

Shadow has never gone light speed and never will. Only Sonic and perhaps Metal have.

Sonic and Shadow are the only ones to have ever used the Light speed Dash and Light speed Attack. Shadow uses the Lightspeed Dash in SA2, Heroes, his own game, and 06. If Sonic can move faster than light (which he can), then so can Shadow because of the fact that Shadow shares all of Sonic's speed and agility. 

Chaos Control is Shadow's technique, of using the power of the Chaos Emeralds to warp time and space. Sonic says, and I quote, "I'll use YOUR technique!" in Sonic Adventure 2 during the final race against Shadow while playing as Shadow, whenever Sonic uses Chaos Control. He even states that Shadow taught him the technique. The only Chaos-related ability Sonic has ever used is Chaos Control, and those few times he did pales in comparison to the countless times Shadow has used it. The only thing Sonic ever does with Chaos energy is become one with it, as if he's the embodiment of it. He never controls it unless absolutely necessary. Shadow is the one that is the most skilled in controlling Chaos. It's even reflected in their personalities and how they live their life. Sonic just does whatever he feels like doing, and goes where the wind takes him without any set destination or goal in mind, he is completely free and loves that freedom. Shadow, however, has a strong sense of purpose and always focuses intently on his goals and will pursue them through any means necessary, and Shadow currently works for G.U.N and the President (he even wears Inhibitor Rings to hold back his power). Sonic's the one who fully embodies the nature of Chaos (and as such, he only ever uses the Chaos Emeralds to become one with them and go Super. And in that state, he never really uses Chaos-based attacks, only his own body as a projectile.), whereas Shadow reflects the nature of controlled Chaos (and as such, He introduced Chaos Control into the series, and has a variety of Chaos-based attacks that he frequently uses such as Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast. He even requires Inhibitor Rings to control and limit his chaos power otherwise he will burn himself out. And when he goes Super, he still focuses on Chaos-based attacks).
Basically, Sonic is like an embodiment of chaos, and thus never controls the power of the Chaos Emeralds as it is not in his nature to. Shad  

• Thumbs Up 1

No. This is a ridiculous and completely arbitrary redefinition of the term that's not supported by anything that has been said or shown by Sonic Team. If someone uses a Chaos Emerald to change gravity, that's not Chaos Control. Me saying "every use under the sun" was facetiousness.

However gravity is part of space and therefore can be warped. 

Sonic Wiki says:

Chaos Control (カオスコントロール Kaosu Kontorōru?) is a Chaos Power that first appeared in Sonic Adventure 2 which allows the user to warp time and space with the mystical Chaos Emeralds. While first introduced as a way to teleport over large distances, Chaos Control has since been evolved into a overall term for any supernatural reality manipulation conducted through the Chaos Emeralds, allowing incredible feats such as traveling through time and between dimensions, altering the fabric of reality, or freezing time.

Chaos Control is also known to be the power source for various chaos energy-based Chaos Powers.

Sonic Retro says:

Chaos Control is an ability that uses the Chaos Emeralds to warp time and space. Since its first introduction in Sonic Adventure 2 as simple teleportation trick for Shadow the Hedgehog, the it has evolved into something of a catch-all term for any supranatural manipulation of reality conducted through the power of the Emeralds. Chaos Control powers energy based attacks such as Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast, and can even allow travel through time and between dimensions.

Thank you.

No, im pretty sure its official since sonic 3 & knuckles that the island falls down to earth when the master emerald is removed and that it stays that way until the emerald is returned. Knuckles doesnt have to fly in order to get back to the island. Ofcourse, if i have missed some crucial detail in a later game where its explained that this is no longer the case, then i would be wrong. 

You are correct but the Master Emerald is never removed. Knuckles probably sets traps like in Sonic 3.

Sonic and Shadow are the only ones to have ever used the Light speed Dash and Light speed Attack. Shadow uses the Lightspeed Dash in SA2, Heroes, his own game, and 06. If Sonic can move faster than light (which he can), then so can Shadow because of the fact that Shadow shares all of Sonic's speed and agility. 
Chaos Control is Shadow's technique, of using the power of the Chaos Emeralds to warp time and space. Sonic says, and I quote, "I'll use YOUR technique!" in Sonic Adventure 2 during the final race against Shadow while playing as Shadow, whenever Sonic uses Chaos Control. He even states that Shadow taught him the technique. The only Chaos-related ability Sonic has ever used is Chaos Control, and those few times he did pales in comparison to the countless times Shadow has used it. The only thing Sonic ever does with Chaos energy is become one with it, as if he's the embodiment of it. He never controls it unless absolutely necessary. Shadow is the one that is the most skilled in controlling Chaos. It's even reflected in their personalities and how they live their life. Sonic just does whatever he feels like doing, and goes where the wind takes him without any set destination or goal in mind, he is completely free and loves that freedom. Shadow, however, has a strong sense of purpose and always focuses intently on his goals and will pursue them through any means necessary, and Shadow currently works for G.U.N and the President (he even wears Inhibitor Rings to hold back his power). Sonic's the one who fully embodies the nature of Chaos (and as such, he only ever uses the Chaos Emeralds to become one with them and go Super. And in that state, he never really uses Chaos-based attacks, only his own body as a projectile.), whereas Shadow reflects the nature of controlled Chaos (and as such, He introduced Chaos Control into the series, and has a variety of Chaos-based attacks that he frequently uses such as Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast. He even requires Inhibitor Rings to control and limit his chaos power otherwise he will burn himself out. And when he goes Super, he still focuses on Chaos-based attacks).
Basically, Sonic is like an embodiment of chaos, and thus never controls the power of the Chaos Emeralds as it is not in his nature to. Shad  

Shadow himself has never done it(maybe his hovershoes have). Metal Sonic is literally Sonic in metal. If you watch a good representation of him(Sonic OVA directed by the creators of Sonic) you'll see that they are equal.  As for Shadow being Sonic's equal...That a myth because no one is as fast or agile as the blue blur. 

So can Sonic, but eventually Sonic get so used to the ability he really doesn't even need the accessories anymore. Let's not forget this.

Oh no, it's been used quite a few times throughout Sonic's games. The Light Speed Dash is just something Sonic can do now, the Light Speed Attack was pretty popular in the Adventure Era, then recently in Colors Sonic even says that going Light Speed is small talk, we can't just ignore this.

Metal Sonic? Doubt it. But yeah, Shadow has gone light speed. Any character that can use the Light Speed Dash, I completely consider being able to go at light speed. However, let's not forget that Shadow is using his hover shoes..

So can Sonic, but eventually Sonic get so used to the ability he really doesn't even need the accessories anymore. Let's not forget this.

Oh no, it's been used quite a few times throughout Sonic's games. The Light Speed Dash is just something Sonic can do now, the Light Speed Attack was pretty popular in the Adventure Era, then recently in Colors Sonic even says that going Light Speed is small talk, we can't just ignore this.

Metal Sonic? Doubt it. But yeah, Shadow has gone light speed. Any character that can use the Light Speed Dash, I completely consider being able to go at light speed. However, let's not forget that Shadow is using his hover shoes..

Because of what who and what Shadow is meant to be, and how he boosts, I'm 100% sure his speed is completely natural and his skates are just something similar to his inhibitor rings, like helping him control his speed.

However gravity is part of space and therefore can be warped. 

Thank you.

You are correct but the Master Emerald is never removed. Knuckles probably sets traps like in Sonic 3.

Shadow himself has never done it(maybe his hovershoes have). Metal Sonic is literally Sonic in metal. If you watch a good representation of him(Sonic OVA directed by the creators of Sonic) you'll see that they are equal.  As for Shadow being Sonic's equal...That a myth because no one is as fast or agile as the blue blur. 

You got it all wrong, SHADOW is Sonic's equal. Shadow is the spitting image of Sonic and shares his speed and agility. That is what he is meant to be. Literally a dark version of Sonic. Metal Sonic is actually built to be more powerful than Sonic. 

Edited by Sparky

Shadow's shoes are like rockets. They are used to propel himself forward, not to control his speed or whatever. That doesn't even make sense =/

latest?cb=20141021194151

You got it all wrong, SHADOW is Sonic's equal. Shadow is the spitting image of Sonic and shares his speed and agility. That is what he is meant to be. Literally a dark version of Sonic. Metal Sonic is actually built to be more powerful than Sonic. 

Sonic and Shadow, I believe, are meant to be like Goku and Vegeta. While the two are very similar in more than one way, Sonic/Goku will always be one step ahead of Shadow/Vegeta. That's just how it's meant to be.

And for the final time, Shadow even admits that Sonic is faster than him. This is just such a dead giveaway, I figured this would be more implied than anything. I never thought the day would come where I would have to try and persuade someone that Sonic is faster than Shadow, lol. Are you sure you're not trolling me?

Because of what who and what Shadow is meant to be, and how he boosts, I'm 100% sure his speed is completely natural and his skates are just something similar to his inhibitor rings, like helping him control his speed.

'I'm 100% sure his speed is completely natural and his skates are just something similar to his inhibitor rings, like helping him control his speed.'

How? You've never seen him run.

Do you know how Shadow was created and why he was created?

Gerald Robotnik wanted an ultimate life form that could withstand any diseases so taking inspiration from the Hyper Sonic mural in angel island(he was friendly with them) he mixed it with the genes of the black arms to create a black hedgehog. Shadow's role in life was to help sick children specifically Maria and obviously he had to get there quickly so he was made a pair of hovershoes to get there quickly. Just like the mysterious hedgehog in the mural Shadow was made to be able to connect with the emeralds though at a lesser magnitude. Shadow was a 'ripoff' of the legendary hedgehog. His chaos usage was great, his speed average, and his endurance subpar. And worse of all he wasn't invincible. Shadow could never match to Sonic(the legendary hedgehog if you followed well) but he did his mission well. He helped Maria.

Fast forward 44 years and there is a certain blue hedgehog reading a newspaper. He drops it and races straight toward an rare occurrence in the sky. Little Planet. Seeing the robotic face of his enemy Eggman over the planet he speeds across the chains holding the planet to save the day. At the planet He learns that he has to use his speed to time travel and save the world in the past,present and future. Soon he meets Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic is Sonic but imprinted on metal. He discovers that Metal Sonic can almost match his speed and his to try his best to beat him to the end. 

The role you are giving Shadow is Metal Sonic's role. Shadow was made to help sick kids while Metal Sonic was made to give Sonic a run for his money as illustrated in their pasts and creations. 

But let's say that Metal Sonic and Shadow were both being put as Sonic's equals by their respective creators. Kazuyuki Hoshino and lizuka. Hoshino created Metal Sonic and Amy under Naoto Oshima's directions. If you didn't know, Oshima along with two others is the creator of the blue blur and he obviously know him like no other. Shadow was created by lizuka who was head of Sonic team after Naka left. We have our answers, CD was Oshima's own game. He made it the way he wanted it. While Shadow(after Adv 2) is just Sega trying to please fans.

Shadow's shoes are like rockets. They are used to propel himself forward, not to control his speed or whatever. That doesn't even make sense =/

latest?cb=20141021194151

The way he boosts is proof that it is in fact his own power. I don't get how anyone can see that and think it's just his shoes making him fast. 

'I'm 100% sure his speed is completely natural and his skates are just something similar to his inhibitor rings, like helping him control his speed.'

How? You've never seen him run.

Do you know how Shadow was created and why he was created?

Gerald Robotnik wanted an ultimate life form that could withstand any diseases so taking inspiration from the Hyper Sonic mural in angel island(he was friendly with them) he mixed it with the genes of the black arms to create a black hedgehog. Shadow's role in life was to help sick children specifically Maria and obviously he had to get there quickly so he was made a pair of hovershoes to get there quickly. Just like the mysterious hedgehog in the mural Shadow was made to be able to connect with the emeralds though at a lesser magnitude. Shadow was a 'ripoff' of the legendary hedgehog. His chaos usage was great, his speed average, and his endurance subpar. And worse of all he wasn't invincible. Shadow could never match to Sonic(the legendary hedgehog if you followed well) but he did his mission well. He helped Maria.

Fast forward 44 years and there is a certain blue hedgehog reading a newspaper. He drops it and races straight toward an rare occurrence in the sky. Little Planet. Seeing the robotic face of his enemy Eggman over the planet he speeds across the chains holding the planet to save the day. At the planet He learns that he has to use his speed to time travel and save the world in the past,present and future. Soon he meets Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic is Sonic but imprinted on metal. He discovers that Metal Sonic can almost match his speed and his to try his best to beat him to the end. 

The role you are giving Shadow is Metal Sonic's role. Shadow was made to help sick kids while Metal Sonic was made to give Sonic a run for his money as illustrated in their pasts and creations. 

But let's say that Metal Sonic and Shadow were both being put as Sonic's equals by their respective creators. Kazuyuki Hoshino and lizuka. Hoshino created Metal Sonic and Amy under Naoto Oshima's directions. If you didn't know, Oshima along with two others is the creator of the blue blur and he obviously know him like no other. Shadow was created by lizuka who was head of Sonic team after Naka left. We have our answers, CD was Oshima's own game. He made it the way he wanted it. While Shadow(after Adv 2) is just Sega trying to please fans.

Shadow is consistently said to be the spitting image of Sonic and sharing his speed and agility. The same exact speed and agility. They both get the Lightspeed Dash and Attack in Sonic Adventure 2, which further proves that they are the same speed. Shadow is meant to be Sonic's equal just as much as Metal Sonic. It's why his name is 'Shadow' as a character, and why he was originally going to be named 'Terios'. Sonic and Shadow are meant to be exactly the same in speed, agility, and whatever else. They both possess the ability to use Chaos Control, they both can harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds to undergo a full gold-furred/red-eyed super transformation. They both can move at lightspeeds and have the agility and reflexes that go with it. They have the same height, the same weight, the same spikes. Even the same core personality deep down underneath, 'cause Shadow basically acts like how Sonic does when he is Dark Sonic or Darkspine Sonic or whatever. 

Metal Sonic is not just a 'Metal' Sonic, but Eggman consistenly upgrades Metal to be more powerful than Sonic himself. He's not just a match, Eggman intends for him to be the superior Sonic. Sonic still beats Metal everytime, but the point still stands. 

I feel like tthere are a lot of justifications being thrown around that don't really have a lot of backing. Amd getting away from speed talk

Edited by Shadowlax

The way he boosts is proof that it is in fact his own power. I don't get how anyone can see that and think it's just his shoes making him fast. 

Shadow is consistently said to be the spitting image of Sonic and sharing his speed and agility. The same exact speed and agility. They both get the Lightspeed Dash and Attack in Sonic Adventure 2, which further proves that they are the same speed. Shadow is meant to be Sonic's equal just as much as Metal Sonic. It's why his name is 'Shadow' as a character, and why he was originally going to be named 'Terios'. Sonic and Shadow are meant to be exactly the same in speed, agility, and whatever else. They both possess the ability to use Chaos Control, they both can harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds to undergo a full gold-furred/red-eyed super transformation. They both can move at lightspeeds and have the agility and reflexes that go with it. They have the same height, the same weight, the same spikes. Even the same core personality deep down underneath, 'cause Shadow basically acts like how Sonic does when he is Dark Sonic or Darkspine Sonic or whatever. 
Metal Sonic is not just a 'Metal' Sonic, but Eggman consistenly upgrades Metal to be more powerful than Sonic himself. He's not just a match, Eggman intends for him to be the superior Sonic. Sonic still beats Metal everytime, but the point still stands. 

Really? Boost power comes from the rings.

If you think that Shadow and Sonic look the same standing next to each other...

No one is as fast as Sonic in the multiverse. When have you ever seen Shadow do what Sonic did in CD(not just the time-travelling but the speedy run through the landscape as well as the agile dodging and decimation of his enemies).  Even in compared to the unleashed intro shadow has done nothing compared to Sonic.

Every anthro can use Chaos energy, even machines can.

Sonic's personality is nothing like Shadow. Darkspine Sonic is just a transformation powered by emotions like anger and sadness. To say that angry Sonic's personality is the same as happy Shadow means that Shadow is a very sad person.

Sonic beats Shadow everytime and in everything, but the point still stands right?

Sonic beats Shadow everytime and in everything, but the point still stands right?

Thats not true, a lot of the things you have been proclaiming in this thread about shadow, aren't true and have been ignoring his existence outside of sa2, to satisfy some quill resuming contest between power levels. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Shadow never was runing by using his own feet. And eveytime he races with Sonic he always use his rocket boots to keep up. So yeah, I will go with the facts.

Also, Ian was asked who is naturally faster, and in comic universe it's Sonic. 

Also, Ian was asked who is naturally faster, and in comic universe it's Sonic. 

Actually, it's Sonic everywhere, not just the comics.