Awoo.

Sonic Amateur Games Expo 14

Neo Hazard

So does SRB2 actually crash when you play it (e.g. Egg Rock Zone) in certain resolutions?

None of the resolutions in the options menu are highlighted in green, and Ritz told me that shit like that happens. I could fix it by changing my desktop's custom resolution, but I don't want to do that every time I want to play the game. :S

Thanks to the updater though, I guess this should be fixed sometime...

Edited by Jake

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sean

• Slingerland

• Candescence

• Titanium

I so want to play SRB2 right now, but my computer has become absolutely worthless. My PC crashes when I do anything and I mean that literally. It was crashing for 10+ minutes the other day because I cut and pasted a file. :/ Although I ordered what is basically a new computer last night, it won't be shipped until around July 27th. :( Because of this, I'm pretty much guaranteed to miss SAGE. Lame.

Wow, I've found myself chatting all day on the SAGEchat.

This year's SAGE sure is great. I'm loving everything I've played so far. Now, time to submit my entry into RAGE. =P

Damn you ET:CF. Your sweet completion will never occur, will it...

I've been going through booths for the past few minutes, and this looks like one of the bigger years. It seems like there are more games this year than last year, at least.

Well, it's finally here, though Aria seems to have been completely ignored except for the people who showed interest in it in the first place, sadly.

So what demos are good this year for you guys? heres what i tried:

~I tried playing HALO OWAW but i couldnt get past the loading screen and my mem. usage got over 150,000K just trying to load the game.

~SHTH 2 was pretty good better then the "LOL FAMGAMZ" version i tried back in '07. level design is great looking shadow is still kind of bugged though.

~Project Mettrix is still awesome.

~Gemini needs work. but i like the sprite work done for this game. fuck what are the controls?!?!

~ZERO remastered has got some definate potental but it looks like time twisted for some reason.

~Speaking of which, why is time twisted soo slow? everythings good and all just sonic is just too slow.

~The Gizoid still screams "LOL FAMGAMZ" and its got some huge memory leak (same as OWAW) its concept is sound though.

~Meh robo blast 2 is still the same. i see no change.

Well, it's finally here, though Aria seems to have been completely ignored except for the people who showed interest in it in the first place, sadly.
:( I still like it

Also, what's up with the Mecha Madness booth, it's closed. Why :(?

Aria of Destiny: The game had an error when I took the teleporter that I brought me to Marble Zone :\, other than that, It's pretty good : D

Edited by Jetronic

~Meh robo blast 2 is still the same. i see no change.

:|

I haven't even bothered with any of these other games yet because SRB2 has been sucking my life force away, and the final level just blows my mind no matter how many times I play it. Guess I should nab a few before the event closes!

So, um, is there an interview with the guy who did the US soundtrack of Sonic CD or is it just the music playing?

I think that a momentous occasion has hardly been mentioned enough in the topic: the momentous release of the greatest 3D Sonic title ever. Of course, I can only be speaking of Sonic Robo Blast 2.

I've played the hell out of the three zone demo, and completed it again yesterday in anticipation. Heck, I even played through the entire Mystic Realm level pack! Not even the original Sonic Adventur will be able to compare with the greatness of the completed Sonic Robo Blast 2.

wat

Sonic Robo Blast 2 is a great 3D game... in terms of fangames. But comparing it to Sonic Adventure? No way man. Sonic Adventure is way more responsive control-wise, has more lively and interesting levels, actually has a story, abides at least SLIGHTLY to the rules set by 2D Sonic (you know, by having actualy physics to speak of - loops, momentum, etc.), is far more presentable, has better music, extra minigames and is just more fun to play.

Robo Blast 2 is a fun novelty in it's own right, being pretty much the first 3D Sonic fangame, and having the whole interchangable WAD things, but as soon as you start comparing it to Adventure you realise it's way out of it's depth. It would've made a passable early Saturn game at most, if they'd fixed up the presentation. Man I hate prerendered sprites on a 3D plane.

wat

Sonic Robo Blast 2 is a great 3D game... in terms of fangames. But comparing it to Sonic Adventure? No way man. Sonic Adventure is way more responsive control-wise, has more lively and interesting levels, actually has a story, abides at least SLIGHTLY to the rules set by 2D Sonic (you know, by having actualy physics to speak of - loops, momentum, etc.), is far more presentable, has better music, extra minigames and is just more fun to play.

Robo Blast 2 is a fun novelty in it's own right, being pretty much the first 3D Sonic fangame, and having the whole interchangable WAD things, but as soon as you start comparing it to Adventure you realise it's way out of it's depth. It would've made a passable early Saturn game at most, if they'd fixed up the presentation. Man I hate prerendered sprites on a 3D plane.

Really makes you think about how hard Sonic Team works to try and bring us quality Sonic games. It's always easier said than done.

Really makes you think about how hard Sonic Team works to try and bring us quality Sonic games. It's always easier said than done.

Agreed. Plus the fanbase is more accepting of fangames than real games (which is fair enough; Sonic Team is being PAID to make these games so they're expected to make better ones). If SEGA releases a game like, say, Sonic Heroes, it's deemed as a pretty "meh" game. But if a fan were to produce a game like that? It's the best thing since sliced bread. I can understand that a fan making a game that is nearly as good as an official one (or better, when it comes to atrocities like Sonic 2006) is a pretty remarkable feat, games like SRB2 have novelties that official games lack and games like Ashura Dark Reign or Damizean's 3D engine are pretty impressive works of engineering, but lots of people seem to mistake this for actual fun, when really, nobody has managed to top SEGA in that department (not in the 3D realm anyway - SA, SA2 and Unleashed PS360 are better than anything the fanbase has made in 3D).

As much as I do masturbate over SRB2 (e.g. defending a final zone that nobody else likes), SA1's still my eternal love~

As far as quality goes though, SRB2 isn't just a novel idea, it actually is an incredibly well-designed game that gets better with each new release that is put out. Really, I'm surprised it gets as many detractors as it currently does; I've met very few people outside of the SRB2 community who actually find it a worthwhile play, and even the community itself is prone to complaining about the littlest of things that are changed, so I find myself preferring to listen to the people who don't like the game. Usually.

Edited by Jake

I'll redownload SRB2 later, but my computer can't go on the internet and I want to save room in my Memory Stick. Also, why is Sonic Rebirth not avaible yet?

As much as I do masturbate over SRB2 (e.g. defending a final zone that nobody else likes), SA1's still my eternal love~

As far as quality goes though, SRB2 isn't just a novel idea, it actually is an incredibly well-designed game that gets better with each new release that is put out. Really, I'm surprised it gets as many detractors as it currently does; I've met very few people outside of the SRB2 community who actually find it a worthwhile play, and even the community itself is prone to complaining about the littlest of things that are changed, so I find myself preferring to listen to the people who don't like the game. Usually.

EDIT: I HATE MY SISTER"S LAPTOP! I had this nice post written out and the internet, LIKE A TOTAL DICK, fails on me and gives me an error message just as I'm about to post!, I tried to recover the post, but NO, it's all gone now! I HATE COMPUTERS!!!

*sigh* In short, the I'd like the as much as you do if it was made on a better engine than an FPS engine, an old one at that.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar