Awoo.

Sega Plans 2015 - Service Games Games

ChikaBoing

But why put a multiplatform 2015 game in there? Did Jazwares just make it up?

Unless that was meant to be Rise of Lyric before it became exclusive to the Wii U?

You said they would not be at E3 due to the restructuring. That would include no games.

I say that because even when you showcase your games as part of another company's booth, you still have some of your people there usually. The Nintendo employee probably isn't going to know what the hell this new Sonic's about.

A: I don't know, ask Jazwares. Anyway, SEGA debunked it and there has been no indication of that that board was actually legit. It's not like it's hard to guess that there'd be a Sonic game in 2015 for all major platforms. (though I have my doubts about it coming to Wii U)

B: I didn't literally mean to say "SEGA America won't be at E3 at all" and was talking about why they wouldn't have a booth. Which I'd assume you'd know from the context of the rest of my post.

People just chill. There hasn't been any official info revealed by SEGA themselves and you're already making up theories or whatever. Just wait man, I mean not even the organizers of E3 have announced anything yet soooooo...

Anyway, SEGA debunked it

I'm chalking it up as damage control.

PR people always deny leaks. Always.

It's not like it's hard to guess that there'd be a Sonic game in 2015 for all major platforms.

That'd still be rather bold to put on a board if it had zero backing.

I'm chalking it up as damage control.

PR people always deny leaks. Always.

Denial when the leak is legit actually seems to be pretty unusual. Usually the response is just "no comment".

That'd still be rather bold to put on a board if it had zero backing. 

It sure is.

The board is legitimate. No question about it.Those new packaging design books more or less alone prove that one.

The question isn't so much is all the info accurate. But did some of it change between the pic being taken and recent events.

• Thumbs Up 6

There's still a chance that the new Sonic game will be shown or have playable demos at Sony's or Microsoft's booths. Sega hasn't had a very big presence at E3 for years!

Though I have to say this Sonic game announcement is taking an awfully long time so wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being delayed until next year. 8I

Though I have to say this Sonic game announcement is taking an awfully long time so wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being delayed until next year. 8I

Since Colours, Sonic games are usually announced in April or May. Sonic Boom being the exception.

The board is legitimate. No question about it.Those new packaging design books more or less alone prove that one.

First I've heard of that, how do they prove it?

Yeah I know I'm just impatient. XP Well it's almost the end of April now and still nothing, I expect we will get something in May then (unless we get another leak?).

First I've heard of that, how do they prove it?

On mobile so brieF or excuse any odd speeding typing if I go off on a long one..

Recently TSS staffer Jono D got the new design booms. The design rules for both Modern and Classic Sonic. Not sure on the exact public date but we're talking post Generations release date.

The first items which had this packaging influence came at sonepoint in 2013 (?).

Anyway. Part of these design books have a thing on packaging. such as image types, design rules and even wording rules, noticed that a lot of merch has been released lately with the words 'collector edition' on it? Even stuff like pyjamas?

Well. We have this design book to thank.

Now with Jazwares. When they had their toy fair event. They had already lost the rights to make new stuff, they had no reason to have any new material for Sonic promotion.

Yet here they are with official new packaging criteria in action before anyone else(?). They had no reason to have that, let alone put it into action

Also don't forget. They were not the toy partner for Boom. They had nothing to do with it.

Yet... Here is a sign with all this info, some of it very new. Some totally unknown. Which got through authorisation and on display and using he new packaging rules from the design Books?

Either they had a lot of nerve and a crystal ball. Or Sega gave them a press release/the sign themselves and they went with it.

Given SEGA would have already poured considerable amount of resources into this, they could use extra cash, and are pretty adamant about release dates barring a slight shift of a week or two, I'm thinking that game is going to still come out.

These are the folks who released 06 and Rise of Lyric. They don't care if the product is finished or not.

It isn't, actually. It's right on schedule - excluding Boom, the average date for a reveal the last 6 years has been May 13th.

In fact, today, April 18th, is the exact day Generations was unveiled. Transformed was revealed on April 30th, Lost World on May 19th, Colors on May 26th, and the first All Stars on May 28th.

We'll hear about something in the next 40 or so days if there is anything.

"Iizuka-san, we need to talk about this Boom thing you greenlighted"

"Let me have a few dozen drinks first, I can't talk about that mess while I'm still sober"

• Thumbs Up 6

Not that this suggests any Sonic plans, but thought you guys and gals would like to see this pic Naoto Oshima has just posted. 

11178224_864917443602258_577843382400870

"Now"

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=864917443602258&id=100002520318812&set=a.107187176041959.13597.100002520318812

And the person taking the picture of the three is Hirokazu Yasuhara, right?

Right?

:(

Basically Oshima's sperm fertilized Naka's egg. Naka gave birth to Sanic, and the two took great delight in raising their baby. Then somehow crazy uncle Iizuka shows up, and is just kinda in the background. Eventually Oshima runs away because he can't handle the stress of family life. Naka takes to crazy uncle Iizuka to help raising the kid. Naka is really depressed from Oshima running off however, and crazy uncle Iizuka becomes the dominant figure int he kid's life, which kinda messes him up. Eventually Naka can't handle the stress anymore, so he runs off too. The kid doesn't know what to do with himself, so he runs off to find himself. He goes through this awkward puberty phase, where he starts getting really hairy and stretchy at night, but eventually returns home and kinda makes peace with crazy uncle Iizuka. But the uncle is still fucking nuts... And allows distant relatives Sega of America to produce a clone of his nephew wearing lots of sports tape, and at a big family reunion the whole Sega family decides to bring in that nice man Sony Pictures from down the street... Let's make a movie, they say. But I don't want to make a movie, says the kid, I just want to run around and fight robots and have fun, he says. But nobody cares what the kid wants, they just know his name is worth something, and they're gonna get that something, no matter what they have to do to the kid.

And no one remembers Yasahura. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I think sometimes there are creators within a team, that contributed greatly, but didn't come close socially. Yu Suzuki is another example of this, up until 2009 he was still part of the companys officers, but didn't partake much in discussions. Nagoshi and Yuji Naka were also part of this circle, and Nagoshi is till satisfied with the manager position. Naka remains a decent relationship with Sega despite being dissatisfied with management positions, which is evidence that Sega actually upstarted Prope initially.

That story makes me "wat."

It's nice to see the three of them remain good friends despite no longer being coworkers.

A lot of workplace friendships are just that, and dissipate when there's no more common ground there. But others endure for a lifetime.

Wow, Yuji Naka doesn't gets old?

Maybe he got in touch with Sakurai and found the key to aging in reverse?

In all seriousness, he is looking pretty good!

Yuji Naka has found the fountain of youth.That is the only explanation for all this.

But seriously, nice to see these guys are still friends. =)

I like how SEGA announced a game and we didn't post it here.

Total War: Warhammer

Here's hoping they announce Sonic the Hedge: Hedgehog soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well it's good to see sega still holds up strong on the pc side of things, at least compared to their console counterpart. Makes me feel more relieved that I might not miss the next sonic game for not having a Xbox One or a PS4.   

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/04/30/sega-games-donating-two-million-yen-plus-dlc-revenues-in-four-games-to-nepal-earthquake-recovery/

IAP purchases in Sega Japan's F2P games now contribute to charity for a recent earthquake in Japan.

I think Sega's has built a reputation in Japan for doing F2P right, particulary on PSO2 and some of their mobile games.

Welp, tis the end of April so we should get our Sonic the Hedgedog hog game announcement anytime soon.

Should.

Yuji Naka has found the fountain of youth.That is the only explanation for all this.

Nah man, he's sharing the Fountain of Dreams with Sakurai-san who I swear doesn't look a day over 30. O_o