Awoo.

Sega Plans 2015 - Service Games Games

ChikaBoing

Campagin dude, says it right their in the title. its just a promotional thing.

Aaron's return as community manager has inflated my hopes for Sonic Boom 2015 enormously. I had my doubts earlier about a novice picking up the reins, but the close work he did with the last four events makes me think it'd be in good hands if she turned over any work she's presumably done over to him.

Granted... it would be weird to have one since the game they'd show off would be the Olympic title. But hey, why not?

This is one hell of a plot twist though. When Aaron said he was leaving the gaming industry altogether, I never thought we'd see him again, or at least so soon.

Well, I'm happy to be wrong. He'll do a great job at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't get it, SEGA let go of Aaron just to bring him back? And why is Kellie leaving exactly?

Just read the news, really sad to see Kellie go but I'm amazed and delighted to see Aaron back. The guy's the best representative Sonic's had in years.

I don't get it, SEGA let go of him just to bring him back? And why is Kellie leaving exactly?

On number two, I think the answer is probably this: to keep the job, she'd have to relocate. I presume she doesn't want to for various reasons. I of course wouldn't know what those reasons would be, but I could see why you wouldn't really want to move away from your home.

As for one, as far as I know he left of his own accord. Looking at his farewell post, it sounds like he wanted to try and find other opportunities outside the gaming industry.

I've no idea what happened and it's not really my place to speculate, but I guess he decided to come back for whatever reason and here he is.

I really wouldn't blame him either. He's clearly a natural at the job. Even when he had a more corporate position as brand manager his community team credentials were very obvious in his demeanor.

Regardless, I'm glad he's back. If he's decided that continuing to interact with fans around the world is what he wants to do, I'm certainly not going to object; in the few minutes I've interacted with him, I felt he was perfect for it. I mean, let's remember... he's the one who engineered the Chao bobbleheads. Even in a more corporate position, he had a clear finger on the pulse of the fanbase.

Good to have you back in position, Aaron. :')

Also, in case you didn't know, he also runs part of Sonic Retro, making him the ultimate Sonic nerd we should all aspire to be.

da07766b02e1a415ce172d95e18f0b26.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I really wouldn't blame him either. He's clearly a natural at the job. Even when he had a more corporate position as brand manager his community team credentials were very obvious in his demeanor.

It's definitely surprising to see Aaron back at SEGA. Good luck to him. The role he'll be taking over from Kellie; is it at a similar level to his former role of Brand Manager or is it a smaller role?

Also, in case you didn't know, he also runs part of Sonic Retro, making him the ultimate Sonic nerd we should all aspire to be.

He better be in the thick of it fixing our server woes then, because dammit I miss my Retro :'(

• Thumbs Up 2

The role he'll be taking over from Kellie; is it at a similar level to his former role of Brand Manager or is it a smaller role?

I think it could be classed as "smaller" in a sense.

As I recall, brand managers are responsible for the meat and potatoes of the company - they oversee the marketing, quality control of products, etc. They are a more of a "corporate" position to my understanding, since they're responsible for the business side of the company.

The community managers are responsible for social media, organizing events, and otherwise engaging with the fanbase. So it could be "smaller" in the sense it doesn't look to be quite as corporate in its nature, but it goes without saying that the community manager is still fairly important since they are the face of the company to the fans, while the brand manager is the company face to investors, businesses, etc.

That in mind, I'm not surprised that Aaron (as far as I can tell) still remained heavily involved with Sonic Boom events even after he moved into the brand manager position, his earlier community team credentials aside. Both the brand and community management ultimately benefit from cooperation.

I don't get it, SEGA let go of Aaron just to bring him back? And why is Kellie leaving exactly?

SEGA: "Help us, Aaron Webber! You're our only hope!"

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA: "Help us, Aaron Webber! You're our only hope!"

To be frank I wouldn't doubt if something similar happened.

Aaron is a PR person who comes off as genuine and not fake, and that's what really matters in the position.

Welcome back Aaron. Tis a shame about Kelly, but Aaron was the face of SoA and I remember being quite sad when he left. But now he's back so YAY! =D

Music of Sonic games on Game Symphony Japan, October 10:

3KAXLlI.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog:

Title、Green Hill Zone.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2:

Chemical Plant Zone.

Sonic and Knuckles:

Sky Sanctuary Zone.

Sonic and Knuckles:

Title、Emerald Coast Zone.

Sonic Adventure 2: City Escape、Live&Learn — Instrumental Version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Weird that they typo'd on Sonic Adventure's title.

And yeah, I suspect the lack of Sonic 3 stuff is all to do with the suits going on.

Must say, I feel for the PC, Xbox and PlayStation Sonic fans, who must be pissed. Even after the exclusivity deal, Nintendo fans are getting another two games :/ If a game is released on non-Nintendo systems late next year and you don't count S&ASRT, then it'll have been four and half years without a Sonic game on non-Nintendo systems.

There's no mention of what SoE is doing in all of this as well, at least from that Fire and Ice press release.

There's no mention of what SoE is doing in all of this as well, at least from that Fire and Ice press release.

They're supposed to be at Vegas Licensing Expo right now.

CHFCg1SWgAAoITn.jpg

CHFCg1cWQAENRQd.jpg

Altered Beast baseball cap!

Ohhhh!!! 

CHIKWJXWMAE7Z6X.png

That is official! From Vegas Licensing Expo.