Awoo.

Yuji Naka's Latest game: Rodea the Sky Soldier (Fall 2015)

WhoWhatMan

Is $20 a fair price for the Wii version (complete with manual/case)? I can get it by tomorrow. I actually didn't know/forgot whether or not it was rare (haven't really looked into it in awhile), and I missed out in the first run/special editions awhile back. 

Edit : Or just for the heck of it, I can get it here - https://store.nisamerica.com/rodea-the-sky-soldier-standard-edition-wii-u-wii

And have both the Wii U and original Wii versions.

Yeah, that seems pretty fair. The Wii version is the original and best way to experience Rodea. Reminds me that I have so much fun speed running the game despite it being a point and click action game.

Around early 2016, my brother surprised me with the Wii U + Wii version of this game since he'd remembered me mentioning it. I forgot where he got it (either Target or Best Buy) but it was on clearance for $10.

I ended up playing through the Wii U and Wii versions back to back and you can definitely appreciate the quality and vision of the latter. The Wii U version felt like a clunky platformer by comparison, with washed-out colors, more empty terrain that served no purpose, and a bizarre limit on flying that wasn't in the original.

It's a pipe dream at this point with Yuji Naka moving to Square Enix, but the more I think about it, I'd love to see a remaster of the Wii version on the Switch. It'd be a great opportunity to give it second chance in the spotlight, especially on a more successful console.

On 28/01/2018 at 6:00 PM, Metal the Mario said:

Around early 2016, my brother surprised me with the Wii U + Wii version of this game since he'd remembered me mentioning it. I forgot where he got it (either Target or Best Buy) but it was on clearance for $10.

I ended up playing through the Wii U and Wii versions back to back and you can definitely appreciate the quality and vision of the latter. The Wii U version felt like a clunky platformer by comparison, with washed-out colors, more empty terrain that served no purpose, and a bizarre limit on flying that wasn't in the original.

It's a pipe dream at this point with Yuji Naka moving to Square Enix, but the more I think about it, I'd love to see a remaster of the Wii version on the Switch. It'd be a great opportunity to give it second chance in the spotlight, especially on a more successful console.

I'm so glad reminding people of this game has led to peeps finding and getting copies of this wonderful title.

I would'nt blame Prope for wanting to distance themselves from after the clusterfuck Kadokawa made it after delaying it for no reason. So it's not up to Yuji Naka if it comes to the Switch but Prope. Remember they still exist as a company, they did'nt crumble just cos' their founder left lol

16 minutes ago, kalion said:

Remember they still exist as a company, they did'nt crumble just cos' their founder left lol

Deja Vu! XD

16 minutes ago, kalion said:

So it's not up to Yuji Naka if it comes to the Switch but Prope.

Well, allow me to join in for hopes that the Wii version be ported to the Switch.

17 minutes ago, kalion said:

I would'nt blame Prope for wanting to distance themselves from after the clusterfuck Kadokawa made it after delaying it for no reason.

Do they have any other noteworthy games to their name?

• 2 weeks later...