Awoo.

Nintendo Direct [April 1, 3PM PT/April 2 12AM CEST]

Carbo

Apparently the creator of that rumour owned up.

The guy behind this rumor confirmed he made this information up. Plus the time he mentioned is completely off. If anything in there is true, it's some crazy lucky guessing.

Nice to know it's bogus. I'll go back to my original idea then and it's just gonna be a bunch of things that are neither here nor there.

Do we have any word on how long the Direct will be this time around?

I'm not all that shocked the rumor is fake, I was pretty certain it'd turn out so as soon as widescreen 720p N64 emulation entered the house because like SuperLink said that just isn't possible. I do hope N64 games do come on the Virtual Console though and even though it's something Nintendo probably wouldn't think much of themselves I'd love to see SNES games on the 3DS, games like F-Zero and Super Mario World would be perfect for it. Plus it'd match the New 3DS's buttons!

I'm expecting a Splatoon release date and some info on the second MK8 DLC pack and Mewtwo in this, also probably a note about Xenoblade coming out soon like tomorrow over here and whatnot.

Do we have any word on how long the Direct will be this time around?

There doesn't seem to be a specified length yet, we usually have to wait until a few hours before when the page is set up and everything for this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing Final Fantasy Explorers mentioned in the fake leak and the statuses reminds me that that exists, and I feel honour-bound to mention that I've heard it didn't meet with the most positive reception.  For that one we might have to wait until the inevitable Final Fantasy Explorers Ultimate Buy The Game Again If You're Japanese Edition.

I'm also wondering if we'll see Steamworld Heist in any hypothetical indie reel they have.  Oh, or Shovel Knight: Plague Of Shadows!

• Thumbs Up 1

My predictions:

*Reggie will start with an April 1st joke to break the ice;

*News about Splatoon;

*News about Devil's Third;

*News on Project Treasure by Namco;

*News about Fire Emblem If;

*News about Youkai Watch (either the game getting localized or the anime put on the Nintendo Anime Channel first);

*Shovel Kinght Plague of Shadows campaign release date for WiiU/3DS;

*Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros. release date announcement;

*Battle Frontier DLC announcement for OR/AS;
*Virtual Console various updates;

Pretty much this, but i'm also open to surprises (not too much though: remember, E3's around the corner, and i'm sure Nintendo doesn't want to waste big reveals before that).

Nintendo Direct UK time is 11pm, April Fools in the UK finishes at midday...

I will always be suspicious about this but if it's a real one then I hope for sure it contains an outline of Zelda Wii U even if it's been delayed. Just story elements, combat elements maybe? Otherwise I expect things we've already heard about and know for sure. Nothing terribly new, probably.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo Direct UK time is 11pm, April Fools in the UK finishes at midday...

I will always be suspicious about this but if it's a real one then I hope for sure it contains an outline of Zelda Wii U even if it's been delayed. Just story elements, combat elements maybe? Otherwise I expect things we've already heard about and know for sure. Nothing terribly new, probably.

I'm sure they would have factored that in if it were a joke.

Anyway, we might have some chance something from Zelda if we aren't getting anything from E3, even if it's just a slightly more detailed explanation of why it got delayed. That aside, I'm hoping we get Splatoon's release date, as that may seriously factor on when I get the game, & if it really was delayed (hopefully not going by the fact that there has nothing to indicate this since Amazon Italy first hinted that may have been the case).

No way in hell would Nintendo announce later that the Direct was an AF joke. It knows how much attention these Directs get, and how people actually make time in their busy schedules to watch these, and it would completely break consumer trust if they ridiculed that loyalty by shooting the Direct down as soon as it started.

At the very most, it would be up Nintendo's alley to headline the Direct with "One of these announcements is actually an April Fools joke, can you spot it?", and then announce something that's very obviously a joke, leaving the other announcements as legitimate.

• Thumbs Up 5

Apparently the creator of that rumour owned up.

But even if they didn't, that rumour mentioned "adding widescreen" support to N64 emulations which just isn't possible.

I'm not saying the leak is real, but widescreen support via emulation is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k22hLRA-uEE

It's coming...he's finally in my grasp...

330cvaw.jpg

BRING IT ON.

I'm not saying the leak is real, but widescreen support via emulation is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k22hLRA-uEE

Thing is that these can cause some graphical glitches that can be spotted super early in the video such as the fade-in to Peach's letter where the left and right borders don't have the effect and some parts of Lakitu's flyover glitch at the sides too. SA2HD covered up the same issue with returning to a 4:3 screen size in cutscenes that'd suffer from this kind of thing like when Gerald's diary is being read out. I think Nintendo would rather just release the game in its original resolution.

(hell, one of the side-effects can actually be seen in the video's thumbnail. Go figure lol)

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, remember we could get news/release dates/periods for Devil's Third, SMTXFE, Project Treasure(or at least an update), and Yoshi's Wooly World

Not expecting anything big. Xenoblade news, possibly? The N3DS version is on the horizon, and maybe that'll lead into some harder news for X (especially now that more has been revealed about it in Japan). Probably some concrete news and releases for stuff we already know about that's not too far off, like Splatoon and whatever else they've been pushing, and an E3 related teaser. Oh, and Mewtwo of course being available for download shortly after (hopefully there's not a big gap between the Club Nintendo reward and being able to purchase the character).

My wildcard guess is more Wii games coming to the eShop, but I'm not getting my hopes high for that.

My dime is that a bet of the direct will focus on their mobile push.

Hopefully we get some more 3DS game news.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh ya, one other long shot prediction, though this may happen at E3 rather than the direct, but would be cool if part of it due to Mewtwo Smash DLC, would be a western Wii-u Pokken Tournament Port announcement, along with the announcement of another character or two for it(obviously Mewtwo, maybe Blazikin)

One thing Im hoping for is the US release date for the wave 4 amiibos

Atlus has gone and retweeted the Nintendo Direct announcement

SMTxFE not dead yet, boys.

Unless it's Attack on Titan (which they teased just the other day) or Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 :V

• Thumbs Up 2

Its dead son.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Metroid of Custom Robo are mentioned as April Fools jokes I'm boycotting

It's ok, just accept it

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming this is gonna be all amiibo/3DS shit since they'll probably want to save the more important stuff for E3.

I'm not expecting anything that will personally interest me. Mewtwo DLC is something I've never been excited for (unless a new character isn't all that Sakurai is adding and there happens to be new trophies, music, and even a stage to accompany it), and the last MK8 DLC was amazing but didn't exactly breath new life into the game for me. And I can't imagine many, if any major new game announcements, but I'm all up for a surprise

VC games typically aren't mentioned in Directs; the only game I really want right now is Metroid Zero Mission. Fucking NoA