Awoo.

Nintendo Direct [April 1, 3PM PT/April 2 12AM CEST]

Carbo

I'm not sure if FExSMT is dead yet. There been trademarks for it through out these months but I doubt it will be appearing for this direct, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they'll drop anything on the dealeo with Pokemon this year. Might be our first year without an annual release for quite some time.

I'd really like to see something new and cool announced, need to recover from this Zelda U sadness pit I'm in right now.

Unless it's Attack on Titan (which they teased just the other day) or Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 :V

I think Untold 2's already been confirmed for a U.S. release, so they can give some decent coverage to that, but a European announcement would be nice as well... notwithstanding that I don't plan to buy Untold 2 owing to its DLC practices (literally locking off parts of the map until you buy DLC, enough DLC to equal the price of the game over again, skeevy trash, etc.).

I wonder if they'll drop anything on the dealeo with Pokemon this year. Might be our first year without an annual release for quite some time.

Besides Pokémon Rumble World I doubt it, we'll probably hear about Great Detective Pikachu later in the year too.

Serebii said there wouldn't be a mainseries game this year and while Serebii's word isn't law I find it hard to believe he'd say something like that normally.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can honestly do without a new main Pokemon game for like a year or two tbh, X and AS have given me my fix for like a generation and a half, and I'm not gonna be happy about the inevitable announcement of XY/ORAS version 3, especially since you can tell they withheld content from ORAS

• Thumbs Up 3

I can honestly do without a new main Pokemon game for like a year or two tbh, X and AS have given me my fix for like a generation and a half, and I'm not gonna be happy about the inevitable announcement of XY/ORAS version 3, especially since you can tell they withheld content from ORAS

Pokémon's overdone as it is. As a series where the core gameplay has barely changed or developed over the past 13 years (EDIT: wait, Japanese release of Red/Green was '96 so it's actually 19 years), it could do with a one-year breather. Well, I personally think so. Reviews and sales seem to suggest otherwise. 

At least we'll not be waiting long to see what Nintendo are planning. Announcing these Directs so late in advance is both a blessing and a curse. There's less time rumours and jazz to be built up or for comments to be misconstrued, but planning to be around and watch them is so annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pokémon's overdone as it is. As a series where the core gameplay has barely changed or developed over the past 13 years, it could do with a one-year breather. Well, I personally think so. Reviews and sales seem to suggest otherwise. 

Reviews suggest otherwise but sales don't.

Mainseries Pokémon sales are steadily dropping with each major release. They're still big but if GameFreak ever wants that to change then something else about how they handle Pokémon has to change too.

I do think Pokémon could do with a breather even if I personally can't wait for whatever's next. Though the main reason I can't wait for whatever's next is because I know that XY and ORAS were intentionally made worse than they could be, so..

• Thumbs Up 2

While the leak's confirmed not real, there's some shit I can see happening.

Pokemon Rumble World will be presented, releases on April 17th 2015 in the Nintendo eShop for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The game supports the Pokemon amiibo from the Smash Bros. Collection.

Perhaps not with a release date so soon?

New functions for the eShop: Pre-orders. Customers will be able to buy games months in advance and will get a 10% discount. The amount will be charged on launch day or the day the pre-load starts. The first games will be available following the presentation:

• Splatoon
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
  • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
  • Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition

We've already seen pre-loading when Smash U release, so this wouldn't surprise me.

SNES titles will be released in the 3DS eShop, the Wii U eShop will get GB und GBC titles. There will also be some cross-play for VC titles already bought and which are available on both systems. (My note: If you bought one game on the 3DS, you can also play it on your Wii U. No need to buy it twice.)

The SNES, GB and GBC titles will be released after the presentation.

Eh, this is a long shot, but would be cool.

N64 games will be available in June 2015 in the Wii U eShop. Release list:

• June 4th: Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (If you buy one of the games until June 11th 23:59 MEZ, you get the other for free.)
  • June 11th: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • June 18th: Super Smash Bros.
  • June 25th: 1080° Snowboarding

Without the widescreen scaling and 720p support perhaps?

MK8 DLC Pack 2 will launch on May 7th 2015. Trailer shown, Software-Update will launch on the same day with the following new features: Time laps on tv, seperate screens for local 2 player games: One on the GamePad, one on the TV, new amiibo costumes.

Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition releases on May 8th 2015 in Europe. Demo after the presentation available.

Yoshi’s Woolly World will be released on June 26th in Europe, Trailer shown. Limited Edition with knitted Yoshi releases on the same day.

Azure Striker Gunvolt releases after the presentation on the 3DS eShop. (My Note: A leak showed this title is scheduled for April 2.)

Nintendo Anime Channel will be launched on Wii U on April 9th 2015.

None of this would surprise me if we look over here:

op9HToL.jpg

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39906/splatoon-yoshis-woolly-world-european-release-dates-leaked

CBGdHnHW4AA71Pj.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/249950-azure-striker-gunvolt-coming-next-week-to-the-eu-nintendo-3ds-eshop

Wii LineUp for the Wii U eShop includes:

• April 2nd: Pandora’s Tower
  • April 23rd: Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies
  • May 14th: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Yup.

Splatoon will have support for amiibo: Special Splatoon amiibos where you can save your Inkling and take to your friend. With selected other amiibo you can unlock special gear. Game releases May 29th 2015 in Europe.

Leaked.

Next Super Smash Bros. amiibo wave will be available June 12th 2015. Newcomers are: Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Zer Suit Samus, Falco and Duck Hunt Duo.

The Ganondorf amiibo will be compatible with Hyrule Warriors and unlocks a new weapon for him. Which one that is will will remain a secret until later. A software update, which will unlock this function, will be released on June 12th.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball releases April 24th in Europe.

Didn't even know we don't have this game yet?

StarFox Horizon is shown with the first trailer, developed by Nintendo EAD with Platinum Games (please don’t spam Kamiya if it’s true, just wait). Will be released in Q3 2015, more information at E3.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mewtwo DLC for Smash. Wii U and 3DS gets a new trailer, will be send to the buyers of both games on April 9th 2015. You will get two download codes, one for Wii U and one for 3DS. Gamers who haven’t bought and registered both games, will have the chance to buy the DLC in June. On this day there will be available a software update, which will add a Miiverse stage, sharing-system and tournaments. There will also be new music, trophies and elements for the Stage Builder.

This is probably the most likely one here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Pokemon, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kinda done with it for a while. My hype for X/Y was through the roof and I really enjoyed it, but OR/AS wasn't even a blip on my radar and I doubt I'll care much about the next one either. I wish Pokemon was more of a "twice a generation" thing as opposed to an annual franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I love Pokemon and would play it until the ends of time, I have grown kind of ambivalent towards it as of late. A break might be what the series needs so the nest can settle. We've had a yearly release for almost every game since Generation 4, that's kind of over doing it lol. Might start checking out some of the spin offs.

Splatoon news, possible release date.

MK8 DLC 2 details.

Xenoblade 3D "out now/soon"

Mewtwo Smash DLC, miiverse integration and stage details, tourney option details?

Kirby rainbow curse release date/info.

Formally announcing Zelda U delay.

Indie/shovelware showcase.

Round up of latest games released now, MM3D,MH4U,S.T.E.A.M. Etc.

My predictions.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm assuming this is gonna be all amiibo/3DS shit since they'll probably want to save the more important stuff for E3.

Doesn't have to be the case. Link Between Worlds was revealed in a Direct before E3. Usually the Directs tend to have at least one major reveal. In spite of all that I can still see us get info on titles we already know about such as Star Fox, if only because it can't really be constituted a surprise. PR release also confirmed this will have Wii U games and usually the Directs are clear on what platforms they're for.

Formally announcing Zelda U delay.

That formal announcement already happened. I doubt Zelda will be mentioned unless they actually have something to show (which they might). In fact I'm pretty convinced that the reason Zelda U got a separate delay announcement is to divert this Direct from the negative press that they might have gotten from announcing it at tomorrow's Direct.

Kirby is already releasing in May 8 in Europe so I can't see us getting more than a reminder about that game if all the Directs are being kept on schedule.

Splatoon is most likely releasing May 29 based on official press info so it will probably get confirmed and possibly an exclusive Direct sometime later in the month. From that same info, expect Yoshi's Woolly World to finally make another appearance, since that was mentioned as June 26.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's my predictions in no particular order:

• Yoshi's Wooly World Trailer maybe
  • Mario Maker stuff and maybe a release date
  • Pokemon Rumble World information 
  • Fire Emblem If Info
  • Amiibo Wave 4 and maybe Wave 5 information (Release date and the like)
  • Splatoon Info with a release date
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X stuff
  • Various other trailers for other games
  • Upcoming Virtual Console Releases 
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC 
  • MewTwo DLC for Smash with a trailer and release date
  • Maybe Star Fox stuff as well

As for my wishlist..?

• Anything Mario Maker, I'm hyped for that game, a spring release date would be great.
  • New Paper Mario
  • Animal Crossing Wii U
  • Anything Metroid
  • Anything F-Zero
  • Amiibo Wave 4 release date with information on what's going on with US preorders
  • More Gamecube remakes, I know it won't happen but... Kirby Air Ride HD and Super Mario Sunshine HD
  • Kirby Air Ride 2 or anything Kirby

I like Pokemon a lot, and it's worth noting that the games are still very good, but they've been getting less and less subtle about hiding the fact that they're holding back content for the next iteration, and the formula is starting to get pretty stagnant and by-the-numbers.  In terms of worldbuilding and level design they absolutely need to step up their game.  I said this in a different topic but I'm hoping that competition from Yokai Watch will drive them to do so - and a localisation announcement for Yokai Watch at this point is just a formality, as we know it's coming.  With Yokai Watch attacking Pokemon on all fronts, maybe things will change.

I think some sort of compensatory Zelda U tease is not beyond the bounds of possibility.  Instead of telling us why it's been delayed, show us why it's been delayed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I can see iwata

apologising anyway like he normally does. "sorry but we need a bit more time to finish it"

I haven't been keeping up with Kirby so I didn't know it had a release date.

Splatoon will probably get its own direct again soon yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pokémon Ranger 4 pls. Or my fucking Colosseum 3.

What about Pokkén Tournament? 

You know it doesn't have to be a Pokemon game.

Just give me the fucking Battle Frontier in ORAS.  Game update, DLC, whatever.  Just do it.

Other than that, more Splatoon info will always make me happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Once again, I think there's a good chance that we'll finally get a release date for Devil's Third, and update, and a kickoff to the marketing campaign, perhaps Project Treasure may be visible

Also, I agree that Atlus could indicate SMTXFE news... and ya no I'd love N64 VC, but who knows

You know it doesn't have to be a Pokemon game.

Just give me the fucking Battle Frontier in ORAS.  Game update, DLC, whatever.  Just do it.

>SuperLink likes this

Other than that, more Splatoon info will always make me happy.

This'll happen, no doubt.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not a single post asking for Mario Strikers Charged U?

I'm done with you guys! D:

• Thumbs Up 5

Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, probably a BRIEF launch trailer on Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, definitely an announcement of some sort of eShop releases; N64, GCN, Wii, perhaps even DS.

Not a single post asking for Mario Strikers Charged U?

I'm done with you guys! D:

If they add King K. Rool day one buy.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I keep seeing people rave on abotu Battle Frontier, why was it so great?

It wasn't.