Awoo.

The Snack World (A new CG series from the creators of Yo-Kai Watch)

pppp

maxresdefault.jpg

The Snack World is the new Cross Media project by Level-5 that will encompass a TV animated series, Manga and a 3DS game. There's one main difference from their other animes though. It's animated in CGI emulating stop motion animation.

The show is gonna be a parody of traditional JRPGs with the typical character driven humor Level-5 excels at combined with lampooning JRPG cliches:

I love it already, the animation looks great, the jokes like the princess sending them on a cliche quest just cause she's petty and the protagonist winning his weapons at a raffle.

The characters are all funny and likable and from the flashback scene there's probably gonna be some more dramatic moments.

The only problem is the English Dub is not the best, the voice direction is not great and the lip synching is a bit off, but it will be probably better in the actual episodes.

Here's the japanese version if you want to compare:

So thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 7

There's not much I can say about this. It looks fantastic. When you linked to the dub version earlier I was like "oh God it's going to hurt my ears", but there is literally nothing to dislike about this.

Thread title's misleading- just because it's lower frame CGI, doesn't mean it's not CGI animation regardless :P

Thread title's misleading- just because it's lower frame CGI, doesn't mean it's not CGI animation regardless :P

Not an expert in those kind of animation details, sorry :P

This looks fantastic so far :)

I've never seen the dubbed trailer, I thought it was unofficial.

Never mind, I've just seen your message lol

I didn't think the dub was all that bad and I'm sure the final dub will be a lot better :) Maybe it was dubbed quickly for the sake of getting the trailer out there?

It definitely looks like something I'd keep my eye on, and it gives me some real Adventure Time vibes.

I look forward to the final product.

Also, wow, it's like they cause a flood when they cry.

I'd remove the stop motion mention at all, stop motion implies real-world puppetry and whatnot- this is just cgi :P

Anyways, it's looking good. Saw it on tumblr earlier, quite like the designs.

"CG Emulating". Ain't it actual CGI!? f_-_godot.gif Still, this project looks quite rad! Nice to see the parody route they're going for and I can't wait to get a look at the games.

• 1 year later...

Snack World will premier in Japan in April 2017, here's a new trailer:

• 4 months later...

So the anime premiered in Japan this week and the intro is for some reason in english:

I caught an episode right after watching the latest Pokemon and I'm intrigued by it. I personally like the visuals as it's a change of pace from the usual anime style.