Awoo.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (a.k.a. Star Ocean 5, PS3/PS4)

Teoskaven

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/08/now-square-enix-japan-teasing-new-project/

Site: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/secret/

Yes, Square-Enix Japan is doing it again: another new teaser site for a new project, with some kind of hint this time around.

No timer, but there seems to be this writing: S-A-R and 01 01

Now some said that in binary language, 0101 can be interpreted as number 5, and combining that with the few letters and the backgound of the space view of a planet, people are yet again speculating about a new entry in the Star Ocean series.

Personally, i'm not holding my breath at all: there has been multiple teaser sites from Square in the past wich ended up in disappointment, but who knows.

We'll probably hear about this again in 2023, and get a release date 3 years later. Fucking Christ, Square Enix, finish the plethora of shit you're working on now, and THEN take on new projects.

wow I can't wait for the new iOS exclusive Star Ocean card game I'm sure it'll be rad

• Thumbs Up 4

wow I can't wait for the new iOS exclusive Star Ocean card game I'm sure it'll be rad

hey now,

i'm confident they'll support android too

(^:

• Thumbs Up 2

If its a star ocean game I hope the story isnt as shit as SO4.

The only game i haven't played yet is Till the End of Time (plus Blue Sphere, for obious reasons), but aside from the whole emo period of Edge, i dindn't find the story to be that terrible.

We'll probably hear about this again in 2023, and get a release date 3 years later. Fucking Christ, Square Enix, finish the plethora of shit you're working on now, and THEN take on new projects.

I prefer Square having to deal with these multiple projects but still knowing they are working on more franchises instead of just their main 3 (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest).

Tri-Ace owns Star Ocean, though, at least I thought they did. Either way, I doubt this is Star Ocean. I wouldn't mind it if was, though, I loved all of the Star Ocean games. Yes, even SO4, I know people hated the storyline but I didn't think it was that bad.

Whatever this is, though, I'd bet its a new IP.

My first thought when I read "space oriented" in the title was "I'd laugh if they bought out the Star Citizen team."

I feel this would be better than the insane bullshit anime melodrama of SO4

• Thumbs Up 1

I prefer Square having to deal with these multiple projects but still knowing they are working on more franchises instead of just their main 3 (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest).

But it takes them fucking forever to put out a damn game. How long ago was it that they announced Final Fantasy 15? 9 years ago? I can understand taking 3 maybe 5 years to put out a game, hell I wish Sonic Team would put more time into making games, but seriously? NINE years? That's absurd. There's no reason for it, other than they're so fucking terrible at managing their projects, that it leaves them all over the place.

And it's not like these are small, low-budget titles either. God no, Square Enix throws a shit ton of money on each project. It creates this especially absurd scenario where Square Enix is dissapointed whenever each and every one of their releases doesn't sell more than 5 million units. 

Christ, Jimquisition had awesome videos of how Square Enix is screwing itself.

But it takes them fucking forever to put out a damn game. How long ago was it that they announced Final Fantasy 15? 9 years ago? I can understand taking 3 maybe 5 years to put out a game, hell I wish Sonic Team would put more time into making games, but seriously? NINE years? That's absurd. There's no reason for it, other than they're so fucking terrible at managing their projects, that it leaves them all over the place.

And it's not like these are small, low-budget titles either. God no, Square Enix throws a shit ton of money on each project. It creates this especially absurd scenario where Square Enix is dissapointed whenever each and every one of their releases doesn't sell more than 5 million units. 

Christ, Jimquisition had awesome videos of how Square Enix is screwing itself.

Well, admittedly, XV is really the exception rather than the norm. Square Enix releases games a lot. XV has been in development hell, that's for sure. Type-0 came out, and they put out XIII games left and right. They also screwed up XIV, so that hurt them as well.

Dragon Quest? I'm always hearing about that. Then there's Kingdom Hearts people like to bring up. Despite popular belief, Kingdom Hearts 3 has NOT been in development hell. It hasn't even been in development until last year; Nomura did plan some things about the game and may have had some ideas, and perhaps even had the story written. But it wasn't put until full development until he was taken off of XIII Versus and it became XV.

XV is the only real example of Square Enix taking nine years to do a game. Agito XIII might've gotten reworked a bit; it did get a new name, after all. It was first announced in 2006, but was released in 2011, so that was 5 years.

CCefNchXIAAhsaQ.jpg

Site updated, pretty sure it's Star Ocean now. And yeah, it'll probably be a phone game, knowing SE. 

This year is pure gold in terms of gaming announcements/releases.

WAIT, WHAT?! They ARE actually continuing the series?! I thought they ENDED it... SWEET! I LOVE Star Ocean! Damn... I know people didn't like the storyline of SO3/SO4 but I still thought both were amazing games regardless.

WAIT, WHAT?! They ARE actually continuing the series?! I thought they ENDED it... SWEET! I LOVE Star Ocean! Damn... I know people didn't like the storyline of SO3/SO4 but I still thought both were amazing games regardless.

Star Ocean always promises scifi RPG goodness and then you're stuck on a backwater medieval planet for 80% of the game with shit characters, shit plot and diarrhea cutscenes.

But the music is godly, the battle system is fucking ace and there's always a metric ton of side things to do.

I'm in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Star Ocean always promises scifi RPG goodness and then you're stuck on a backwater medieval planet for 80% of the game

You know that this part i quoted describes perfectly the first  2 games (the rest depends on the characters you pick, but the vast majority is good)?

Unless you're referring to the series in general and not to The Last Hope only.

You know that this part i quoted describes perfectly the first  2 games (the rest depends on the characters you pick, but the vast majority is good)?

Unless you're referring to the series in general and not to The Last Hope only.

Star Ocean always promises scifi RPG goodness and then you're stuck on a backwater medieval planet for 80% of the game with shit characters, shit plot and diarrhea cutscenes.

But the music is godly, the battle system is fucking ace and there's always a metric ton of side things to do.

I'm in.

Oh I'm happy about this ^_^. I didn't like The Last Hope's story but I did sink a lot of time into it, count me in. :D

I dunno. I kinda actually liked Star Ocean 4's story. But either way I'm happy because at least the gameplay is ALWAYS solid in Star Ocean. Story has never been the franchise's strong point.

I think I'll get this

I just tried out the SNES game, and reading up on the history, the game was made by former Wolf Team devs who weren't happy with Tales of Phantasia.

Can really figure out what the hell I'm doing in the SNES game though.

Got to admit as much as SO3 displeases me (only one i've really played so far) i'm pretty interested in this since it does have a lot of potential to be something great. But I wonder who is making this, from what I heard tri-ace became a mobile phone game company so is this going to be an in house project?

Edit: Actually, nevermind that last part, I have bad sources.

Got to admit as much as SO3 displeases me (only one i've really played so far) i'm pretty interested in this since it does have a lot of potential to be something great. But I wonder who is making this, from what I heard tri-ace became a mobile phone game company so is this going to be an in house project?

Edit: Actually, nevermind that last part, I have bad sources.

It's good to see star ocean back after some years, I can't wait to see footage.

The art style looks neat going by the screenshots.