Awoo.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (a.k.a. Star Ocean 5, PS3/PS4)

Teoskaven

Announcemnet trailer:

It's just a recap of what happened chronologically in the series so far (i lol at the fact that there's music from Blue Sphere yet it's not aknowledged). The game will take place between Second Evolution and Till the End of Time, wich is good enough to me.

Announcemnet trailer:

It's just a recap of what happened chronologically in the series so far (i lol at the fact that there's music from Blue Sphere yet it's not aknowledged). The game will take place between Second Evolution and Till the End of Time, wich is good enough to me.

Yeah, I heard its between SO2 and SO3. Which makes sense; that's like a 500 year gap or so, by far the biggest gap in series chronology.

That still bugs me about The Last Hope though. It's treated as canon with the main series, yet if i recall correctly, when it came put it got the Prometheus treatment of being an alternate universe version of the timeline.

Anyway,  here you can find some screenshots and the official first artwork of the main characters.

I love how, in true SO style, the protagonist has now blue/lightblue hair. It makes sense, since Edge in TLH was blonde.

That still bugs me about The Last Hope though. It's treated as canon with the main series, yet if i recall correctly, when it came put it got the Prometheus treatment of being an alternate universe version of the timeline.

Anyway,  here you can find some screenshots and the official first artwork of the main characters.

I love how, in true SO style, the protagonist has now blue/lightblue hair. It makes sense, since Edge in TLH was blonde.

Yeah, the reason why its considered to be part of an "alternate universe" is because people hated SO3's plot twist so much that the dev's didn't want to indicate that it was set inside the "Eternal Sphere." I guess you could argue, in a sense, that SO4 does not exist within the Eternal Sphere, because the Eternal Sphere is a game whose people became sentient and were aware that all of their history existed. They are technically in the Eternal Sphere, but exist regardless of it.

When the Eternal Sphere is deleted, their universe still, essentially, exists on its own merits, as well as all of its history, which played out exactly the same as it always has. Star Ocean 4 may not technically exist in the Eternal Sphere anymore, but even in the original Eternal Sphere the events played out exactly the same way that they did in SO4.

Yes, its complicated.

Inception mixed with Matrix. Wonderful.

But whatever: my only personal wish for this new game (at the moment at least) is for it to expand at least a bit on the race of the Tetrageniot, since it's currently underdeveloped as hell (only Opera and Ernest from Second Evolution are the rapresentation of the species, and they appeared relatively briefly on a foreign planet) and it sounded like it had potential.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually really liked the character designs presented in the artwork quite a bit (minus the girl with diamond tiles for clothing) can't wait to see more of it.

Character artwork is magnificent, as expected from former Capcom legend Akiman. Surprisingly this time around the 3D models of the cast don't seem too creepy and translate the artwork decently (exception: lead girl).

Assets are very much PS3 level but that shouldn't be a problem. Scenarios look nice and colorful and I'm perfectly okay with just an IQ/frame boost for the PS4 version - which might be the only one localized if DQH is any indication.

All we need now is a sweet combat trailer with Sakuraba's rocking BGMs. Possibly at Sony's E3 with a bunch of japanese games in similar situations (DQH, P5, Yakuza 0)

• Thumbs Up 1

I was doubtful if the teaser would be anything less than a console game but alas I was wrong.

Never played Star Ocean but I saw my brother play a bit of Till the End of Time and thought the gameplay was pretty cool. From what I'm hearing, the story can be a bit nonsensical, the battle systems are usually great, and the character designs can be pretty bad (which I can see why).

I'll give it a shot though if it's got decent reviews. Hopefully it comes to PC.

• 2 months later...

Since it wasn't posted yet, here's the E3 gameplay trailer:

Only the PS4 version will get a western release date, stated for now just in 2016.

• 3 months later...

We got gameplay

we got a special editon (so far exclusive to japan)

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/18/a-look-at-star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness-premium-box-edition/

AND A NEW TRAILER

Everythings looking pretty great so far honestly, only thing i'm really worried about though is that it seems characters reuse a lot of animations from SO3 :/

• Thumbs Up 1

I am so, so excited for this game. I'm sold on a PS4 by now, and if that collector's edition comes to NA I'm going to be sold on it, too.