Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

3 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

Yeah, sure, Jurassic Park is a team pack. My bad. Regardless, I think I will get it.

And I have been interested in Dr. Who for a while now. I guess I will get that level pack.

The Jurassic World pack isn't bad, if you really want the Adventure World.

If you have Marceline and Jake, though, they'll do the same things the pack can offer aside from the Adventure World itself.

5 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

Okay, I think I made up my mind. Thanks kirby1up and Fallinhearts.

You're welcome. Who're you getting?

24 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

You're welcome. Who're you getting?

The Ninjago characters, the Simpsons, Midway and Dr. Who level packs, Jurassic World and Marceline.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

The Ninjago characters, the Simpsons, Midway and Dr. Who level packs, Jurassic World and Marceline.

Sweet. But remember, functional Marcelines are hard to come across right now. Many are defective.

2 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Sweet. But remember, functional Marcelines are hard to come across right now. Many are defective.

I'll keep that mind. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

I'll keep that mind. Thanks.

No problemo. More functional Marcelines will appear in due time. Toys R Us have been recalling as much as they can right now with plans to replace them. A similar thing happened with Skylanders SuperChargers last year with the whole Nightfall fiasco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well I have 2 bits of news to bring up (the second of them is important for every lego dimensions fan)

first off some new robin gameplay has been revealed by the lego dimensions twitter account

when asked about if the costume in the video is the nightwing costume mark warburton had this to say.

the second bit of news is that 6 year 1 sets are now listed as retired on the lego store site.

screen-shot-2017-01-11-at-10-35-43-am

what this means is that once these sets are gone from the shelf then they are gone for good. (unless year 3 does in fact release newer versions of these figures like a movie inspired WW set.) otherwise I suggest at least making the team packs a high priority buy if you want to 100% complete the game (i'm pretty sure ethen hunt can cover WW's underwater grapple power otherwise get WW as well)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Since we're less than a week away from Wave 7.5's release, here's an update list on upcoming figures...

- Robin's spotlight trailer has been revealed, showing off some abilities we hadn't seen from him before, including the Pole Vault ability. Here it is:

Spoiler

(Oh, and if you're wondering if that other costume is his Nightwing outfit... yes, it is.)

- It's also been confirmed via Instagram and leaked images of the back of the Story Pack that the Starter Pack Batman will become LBM Batman in the Adventure World and Story Pack levels, much like Cyborg in the TTG world. (I guess Excaliber Batman is there if you want Will Arnet's take on the Caped Crusader in other levels/worlds... and if you don't wanna get Finn for Sword Switches.)

- This was in the other Dimensions thread, but there's a new 'Meet That Hero' introducing Knight Rider, hosted by the Blue Blur himself, Sonic:

- Finally, we have the official reveal of Wave 8, which will bring 1 Level Pack (The Goonies) and two Fun Packs (Chase McCain from LEGO City Undercover, and Hermione from Harry Potter). Here are the posts:

(While the second post says March, it's been confirmed that this was a mistake. Wave 8 actually launches in May.)

I think that about wraps it up. I'm looking forward to playing the LEGO Batman Movie Pack, especially after seeing the movie.

Spoiler

It's gonna be interesting to see if they'll use the same villain ensemble that Joker had in the movie itself.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a problem if it is okay to ask. In the Mission Impossible Level Pack, the studs and some lasers are frozen. I can't get past one area of the level because of it. Can anyone help me out here?

EDIT: Never mind. Restarting the PS4 fixed the problem.

Looks like an update's arrived in-game adding the Wave 7.5 previews and Red Bricks to the game:

Aaaand the LBM Red Brick does exactly what I had hoped it would (turning DC Batman into LBM Batman anywhere in the game). Makes me wonder if the Teen Titans Go world might do the same with Cyborg's alternate form...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I noticed that something was different when I was playing earlier. In fairness, they might have only had 4 Level Packs planned, but forgot to change the Shard hub's amount, leaving it to look like they had 6 (the exact same amount as Year 1). I dunno.

Players are also noticing that the inner circle (showing the Year 2 Adventure Worlds) only has 15 franchises/slots now, instead of 16. However, I don't think that's a sign of any removed franchises yet.

After all, some players (myself included) have noticed that the LEGO City Undercover portal doesn't show up anymore (the portal stand itself is still there in-game, but the logo, red vortex and description are gone). But we know that Chase is coming up in Wave 8, so it (and the missing Shard slot) are most likely yet another oversight from the developers.

in fact I tried jumping into the lego city portal yesterday and it warped me off the shard hilariously enough so I'm pretty sure its just glitched at the moment. then again i'm pretty sure there is only 1 more year 2 wave after 8 which seems a bit crowed for all of the ppg,ttg and beetlejuice packs to release.

Did anyone else notice the Sonic pack got a recent update patch? I only noticed one difference so far, which is that they fixed Amy's texture. Did anyone else notice how Amys' socks originally had an odd rope like texture on them? It's gone now, and was replaced with a regular sock texture. Her character model looks a lot more spot on to her actual character design now. I just noticed this change today. I don't know what else was changed, but the patch file itself is a little over 1 gb big. 

Update: I just noticed this update fixed something else. This new patch fixed the Ring Bling Extra’s sound effects. The Extra was originally intended to replace Studs with rings from Sonic, while playing the traditional ring collect chime from the Sonic games. However, there were times when the game wouldn’t register correctly, and would play the regular stud collecting sound effect. I can confirm that this new patch seemed to have fixed it. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

this is odd timing because one of the other lego news channels (the brick show) has posted on facebook stating that one of their sources claim that james bond was going to be in lego dimensions https://www.facebook.com/thebrickshow/

though it is possible that a lego dimensions 2 is in the works (which could explain why nothing more will be made for the older "lego dimensions" game)

He's 99% lying, sheering for the sole fact that when called out on it, he ignored everyone asking him to provide a source to back up his claim, and yet the best reply was him trying to claim Lego!James Bond will never happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...