Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Yeah, so maybe before you go all "screw this game forever", wait until you have all the information.

I don't see why they'd never release her again either. LEGO Avengers DLC was exclusive to PS3/4 and then was available for everyone else later.

Yes, because not like LEGO ever does bullshit business practices.

Like an £80 starter pack

or £15 per character

or £30 for a 30-60 minute level

or exclusive characters to cons

And for the record, you still don't know what the "exclusivity" means. We don't know if that means for sure Supergirl will get a release.

And the Avengers deal is different. That's digital DLC, and something that wouldn't get limited releases. LEGO are well known for having exclusive limited releases at cons. Keeping in mind that Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle have yet to release single releases as well, so it isn't that far fetched that Supergirl would be exclusive to starter packs only.

• Thumbs Up 1

well green arrow is confirmed to be getting added to the hire a hero system at some point in the future so I'm pretty sure she will get added as well. meanwhile I'm still waiting to see how the lord vortech minifigure is handled since he nearly 100% consists of brand new bricks.

latest?cb=20150926124658

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yes, because not like LEGO ever does bullshit business practices.

Like an £80 starter pack

or £15 per character

or £30 for a 30-60 minute level

or exclusive characters to cons

And for the record, you still don't know what the "exclusivity" means. We don't know if that means for sure Supergirl will get a release.

And the Avengers deal is different. That's digital DLC, and something that wouldn't get limited releases. LEGO are well known for having exclusive limited releases at cons. Keeping in mind that Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle have yet to release single releases as well, so it isn't that far fetched that Supergirl would be exclusive to starter packs only.

Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle are aLL main characters required for the story, so I don't see why they'd be separate anyway. Unless you're talking about replacement figures?

It's overpriced yeah, but all LEGO sets are IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

well here's some official press info

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment revealed today at Gamescom that starting in late September 2016, LEGO Dimensions Starter Packs for Sony PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system will include an exclusive, bonus DC Comics Supergirl LEGO minifigure for a limited time.  The highly collectable Supergirl LEGO minifigure has many extraordinary in-game abilities to help solve puzzles and battle enemies, including Super Strength, Flying, X-Ray Vision, and Beam Attacks which enable her to shoot heat beams out of her eyes.  She can also transform into Supergirl Girl Red Lantern with additional abilities such as firing powerful Red Lantern energy bolts and energy beams from the Red Lantern Ring and forming Red Lantern Energy Constructs. 

yeah unless green lantern gets revealed in a future year 2 wave the red lantern energy constructs kinda indicates to me that their going to have to release her seperately at some point or else their going to be in deep water with the fans and the press.

So... here's the thing regarding Supergirl in terms of the March 28th time limit. It did say "play it first" on the trailer, but if that means she'll be released seperately soon, that means Playstation 4 users are actually the ones screwed over unless LEGO decides to release polybag packs to stores.

Each retail character needs a vehicle or gadget for their packs. So if Supergirl DOES release individually, she'll need a vehicle of her own. Something the PS4 Starter Pack doesn't include.

But yeah, I am worried if she'll never get released alone at all because I love her moveset. Give Skylanders some credit. Yeah, you need to buy several packs to get all the characters but those are just VARIANTS and not exclusive characters. This is a unique character with powers no other character has right now. At least Green Arrow isn't needed to 100% everything since there's always Legolas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Darn, Amazon had a 40% off bonus yesterday and I missed it :( I don't have the GB Story pack, MI Level pack, and A-team fun pack preordered yet because I'm moving, although I may change that this weekend

46 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Darn, Amazon had a 40% off bonus yesterday and I missed it :( I don't have the GB Story pack, MI Level pack, and A-team fun pack preordered yet because I'm moving, although I may change that this weekend

well theres...wait you mean the pre-order offer i was going to do tomorrow is already gone .-. ... coughs*

well there may yet be some hope yet apparently best buy is going to have a 50th aniversary sale on select products and based on the sale listings skylanders,amiibo and lego dimension items will be on sale up to 70% off for 48 hours no idea if the pre-orders will be on sale but this could be a good time to snag any you wanted from year 1 before year 2 gets started.

Just now, kirby1up said:

well theres...wait you mean the pre-order offer i was going to do tomorrow is already gone .-. ... coughs*

well there may yet be some hope yet apparently best buy is going to have a 50th aniversary sale on select products and based on the sale listings skylanders,amiibo and lego dimension items will be on sale up to 70% off for 48 hours no idea if the pre-orders will be on sale but this could be a good time to snag any you wanted from year 1 before year 2 gets started.

Yeah, won't be the preorders, but hopefully I can finally get Doctor Who, and Scooby Doo for half off. maybe Stay Puft and Slimer too. It'll be great if I can do in-store pickup

On 16/08/2016 at 4:35 PM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I don't see why they'd never release her again either. LEGO Avengers DLC was exclusive to PS3/4 and then was available for everyone else later.

Not true. The Ant-Man DLC for Lego Avengers PS3/PS4 has not released on the 360/One and I don't think it ever will, given how long it's been!

Welp, I decided to give in and buy some characters in advance. I'm planning to get the game by the end of this year, either on PS3 or PS4, and I found some of the characters I wanted for a cheap price today.

So now I officially own Cyborg, Zane and the Cyberman:

1471893220016810679970.jpg

While I'm here, I might as well ask: does anyone here know how the game runs on PS3? I only ask because I don't actually have a PS4 yet, so I don't know whether-or-not it's worth just saving up for that first.

Funny how the characters you got today are robotic in nature. Was that on purpose? :P

But hey, nice score. (Especially with Zane).

...Maybe? ;) What can I say? I have a tendency to lean towards the metallic characters.

I don't really watch Doctor Who nowadays, but the Cybermen were always one of my favourite villains in the series, and Cyborg just happens to be another DC hero I like. (Plus, if he unlocks the Teen Titans Go world, then it saves me the trouble of buying one of those characters.)

Choosing one Ninjago character was hard, though. They had Zane, along with Jay and Lloyd, and I just couldn't decide for a while. Then I remembered that ice is my favourite element, so I went with the lovable nindroid. (Sorry, Jay.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

A new preview for the Harry Potter Adventure World has been released!

I just wanna see more of LEGO City Undercover, dang it... One picture of Chase McCain won't suffice!

well achievements for wave 6 have shown up on xbox one and along with them some screenshots.

the ghostbuster 2016 screenshots

Spoiler

121786-hi.jpg

121787-hi.jpg

i'm pretty sure this last one is from the final level so if you want to be surprised when wave 6 comes out I recommend you keep away from this one

Spoiler

121785-hi.jpg

the mission impossible screenshots

Spoiler

121788-hi.jpg

121790-hi.jpg

this one is a slight spoiler to the movie so if you plan on watching the movie before playing the pack I recommend avoiding this one

Spoiler

121789-hi.jpg

and finally adventure time

Spoiler

121783-hi.jpg

121784-hi.jpg

121782-hi.jpg

So, judging by the image, it looks like the new Ghostbusters Adventure World is set in the daytime. If so, then I'm glad they made it different enough from the original Ghostbusters' version.

A new character trailer has been released, showing off Abby Yates and the Ghostbusters 2016 Adventure World.

Three new packs revealed for Wave 8! They release in Feburary.

The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack with Robin, Batgirl, Batwing and the Bat-Computer Gateway.

CsuA__SWcAA0jGS.jpg

Excalibur Batman Fun Pack with Excalibur Batman and the Bionic Steed (Timed exclusive to Target)

CsuA__SW8AAr9pL.jpg

Knight Rider Fun Pack with Michael Knight and K.I.T.T. (Timed exclusive to Gamestop)

CsuA__UW8AA4N5w.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, I'm honestly kinda surprised that Batgirl is one of the main characters for the Story Pack, since I don't recall her being shown much (if at all) in the trailers yet. Robin was a given, though. Another thing that's noticable is that this Story Pack is the only one in Year 2 to include two characters (not counting Abby's figure switching between the other new Ghostbusters in-game).

At least Will Arnet's LEGO Batman is gonna be playable... even though it's in a form I didn't expect. I guess they really want to make sure that this Batman plays different from DC Batman.

So it looks like Knight Rider is only getting a Fun Pack for its content. Ah well, at least K.I.T.T. looks pretty cool, and we can now play as the 'Hoff in LEGO form.

there was also some press descriptions revealed for these packs. (notable details I found are underlined)

lego batman movie story pack

Coinciding with the release of the upcoming film on which it’s based, The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack, will provide a deep, story-driven gameplay experience with iconic DC characters in six puzzle-packed levels and new LEGO Gateway bricks that allow players to build the Bat-Computer atop the LEGO Toy Pad.  The pack comes with buildable Batgirl and Robin minifigures and the 3-in-1 buildable Batwing which can be rebuilt into The Black Thunder and Bat-Tank.  Gamers can play the complete movie and band together with Batgirl and Robin to fight off the Joker and his team of villains. Batgirl’s batarang, glide and stealth abilities can reach areas with high security access and Robin’s agility and dive skills provide sneak access. Players can also transform Robin into the Nightwing, utilize his vine cut, and deflect moves for more crime-fighting adventures. Batgirl and Robin provide access to the new The LEGO Batman Movie Adventure World with its own unique Battle Arena with competitive split-screen local gameplay for up to four players.

lego batman movie fun pack (timed exclusive for target)

Batman fans can broaden their LEGO Dimensions gameplay with Excalibur Batman from The LEGO Batman Movie. The Fun Pack comes with a buildable Batman minifigure and a 3-in-1 buildable Bionic Steed which can be rebuilt into the Bat-Raptor and Ultrabat for additional in-game abilities. Players can use Batman’s Master Builder and Sword Switching abilities to solve puzzles and take down enemies. Batman also provides access to The LEGO Batman MovieAdventure World and Battle Arena.

Knight Rider fun pack (timed exclusive to gamestop)

Michael Knight and K.I.T.T. from the classic 80s TV series, Knight Rider, are also coming to LEGO Dimensions. Players can add the iconic duo with theKnight Rider Fun Pack featuring a buildable Michael Knight minifigure, and a rebuildable 3-in-1 K.I.T.T., that can be rebuilt into the K.I.T.T. Jet and Goliath Armored Semi for upgraded in-game powers. 

In the game, players can activate Michael Knight’s dodging and dash abilities to solve puzzles and overpower enemies or use his Wrist Watch to uncover secrets behind x-ray walls and outsmart enemies by hacking into terminals and following trails. Players can also fight crime on four wheels with K.I.T.T., the highly advanced, artificially intelligent robotic vehicle, to boost their gameplay. Michael Knight provides access to a new Knight Rider Adventure World with its own unique Battle Arena. 

ldf17_03.jpg   ldf17_04.jpg

I wonder what else they will release for wave 8

>Robin can transform into Nightwing.

c4jt321.png?fb

Spoiler

CURSE YOU LEGO DIMENSION DEVELOPERS, MAKING ME WANT A ROBIN MINIFIGURE!

• Thumbs Up 1

looks like someone uploaded the character trailers for finn and jake together 

any wave 6 packs you guys plan on buying? (or plan on buying during a sale?)

Okay, so I've been looking at the new Shard area of the hub world, and noticed a couple details:

- The Powerpuff Girls world seems like it will be based on the reboot rather than the original, judging by the logo its portal uses.

- While Cyborg is gonna get his Teen Titans Go appearance in that world, he doesn't have the ability to access it. (Seemed obvious from the start, but I figured I'd mention it.)

- Believe it or not, you may not actually need the new Ghostbusters Story Pack to access the Adventure World. When the portal shows the characters that allow access, it shows the classic Ghostbusters characters from Year 1 along with Abby. However, it seems like this could just be a temporary bug.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Metallix said:

Okay, so I've been looking at the new Shard area of the hub world, and noticed a couple details:

- The Powerpuff Girls world seems like it will be based on the reboot rather than the original, judging by the logo its portal uses.

- While Cyborg is gonna get his Teen Titans Go appearance in that world, he doesn't have the ability to access it. (Seemed obvious from the start, but I figured I'd mention it.)

- Believe it or not, you may not actually need the new Ghostbusters Story Pack to access the Adventure World. When the portal shows the characters that allow access, it shows the classic Ghostbusters characters from Year 1 along with Abby. However, it seems like this could just be a temporary bug.

-it might not be a bug I took a look at the old ghostbusters portal and the fem ghostbusters can apparently unlock it on their own (which makes me wonder if once the ttg figures release that dc comics cyborg and lego movie robin will be able to enter the hub on their own)

-I noticed that we once again have 6 level packs for year 2 however this also sadly means that we only have 2 unconfirmed level packs to look forward to now.with teen titans go,the powerpuff girls,beetlejuice and lego city undercover being the only remaining candidates

-my main guess is that bettlejuice and the powerpuff girls will get the level packs my reasons for thinking this are

1. beetlejuice doesn't seem like the kind property that would make sense as just a fun pack.
  2. i've yet to see a possible vehicle or gadget for them save for their phone.and since I'm assuming all three will get figures of their own my main guess is we will get all three of them in a level pack

-thanks to the new credits its confirmed that year 2 will go up too wave 10 so we have 3 waves to guess for (also apparently the lego batman movie and knight rider sets are a 7.5 wave release for february)

In that case, I can see Cyborg allowing access to the TTG world eventually. Not so much with LBM Robin, though.