Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

But the LEGO Doctor Who set is coming through LEGO Ideas. While I'm pretty sure the BBC gave them permission to do just that one set, I'm not sure the full creative license to place Doctor Who in whatever LEGO chooses is available to them.

Unless of course, further details are to be announced in regards to that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back To The Future was LEGO Ideas too, but there's still Marty McFly and the BtTF level.

As far as I'm aware, Back to the Future's building block toy license isn't with another company, so that was probably a simple choice.

The BBC are relying too much on Character Building for their building block toys. If the Ideas set does massively well, I'm sure the BBC will think it over.

Meh. Still a ripoff. It's a shame too, it could have been something cool but once again, a greedy business practice has fucked over a creative idea.

Wow, they actually made a Portal level.

I thought for sure everyone gussing such a thing was wrong at first just because they were basing it off of a blurry minifigure's white and orange clothing, but wow, it actually happened.

.. So does this mean a Lego game will be getting some fresh puzzles for once or

DOCTOR WHO.

I CALLED IT.

I FUCKING CALLED IT.

I need this game. It's expensive as fuck but Doctor Who, so therefore I need to buy it. That and €100 equals around £70, so I would be paying less than I thought I would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah...nope, still don't care.

I'd love to play Lego Simpsons/Lego Back to the Future/Lego Scooby Doo/Lego Portal but I am not shelling out money for the game plus the extra £30 for a level set. It isn't going to happen Lego. No if ands or buts.

Also, if they're using all these franchises for a Lego game, it likely means sooner or later, at least Simpsons, BTTF, or Doctor Who will get their own separate games so meh.

I need this game. It's expensive as fuck but Doctor Who, so therefore I need to buy it. That and €100 equals around £70, so I would be paying less than I thought I would be.

Oh, I know. It would actually be about £95 altogether which is still expensive as fuck, but Doctor Who. If need be, I will just buy the level pack on its own and wait for a price cut on the game (though I'll keep an Amazon pre order in place in case of a discount).

Meh, still I won't be getting this unless it's been cut down severely. I actually waited for Disney Infinity and managed to get that when Amazon was doing their Christmas Sale. Got it for about £15-£20 brand new.

Still, Lego should feel bad for releasing a rip off as massive as this.

Damn... Honestly, is there really any point to Skylander's anymore? Skylander's is an original IP with totally brand new things except for three characters drawn from the Spyro series.

Amiibo is 100% Nintendo figurines, so if nothing else you get a relatively inexpensive figurine (yes, they are inexpensive compared to full-fledged figures) for franchises that often don't get any merchandise at all for them.

Disney Infinity is for everything Disney, which is a massive amount of IP's including Marvel and Star Wars, many of which date back 30+ years.

And LEGO Dimensions (as expensive as hell that it is) has a massive number of IP's that have actual full-fledged LEGO sets as well.

Its a pain in the butt that many of these things cost a lot of money to get a lot of out of them, but at least everything but Skylander's consists mostly of pre-existing IP's at varying levels of popularity.

I still can't justify buying this game, but eventually I might consider it.

• Thumbs Up 2

So... Doctor Who is in the game? Alright.

Guess the transfer of rights is happening slowly, but if LEGO have The Simpsons, Back to the Future, and Doctor Who in this game - it sure is going to be a massive sell out.

Whether I do get it... not very likely. I'll be sure to have a look around once it's released though.

*sees the latest news*

So then, it happened. It only went and bloody happened.

large.jpg

God dammit LEGO I was so convinced I wasn't going to buy into your overpriced toy to life shit

And then you had to go and include the one sodding franchise I will absolutely throw money at no matter what

You sick, clever bastards

I hope you're happy with yourselves you smug gits, because I now have until September to convince myself of the logical conclusion that shelling out over £100 just to play a half-decent Doctor Who game is simply just not worth it

Oh, how my wallet cries for mercy

• Thumbs Up 5

ifqewqr.pnge7sOCPJ.png

AND ON THAT DAY, RUCDOSE'S WALLET ROSE TOWARDS THE HEAVENS, TURNED TOWARDS HIM AND SAID FORTH TOWARDS THE MERE MORTAL

"GOD DAMN IT"

uBG250o.png

Here's the rest of the stuff that got leaked. All of this comes from a BTTF instruction book that Lego uploaded online, by the way.

man I can't figure out if i'll try getting any of these packs or not if only lego lowered the prices then I would buy a good amount of this stuff and maybe even the game

Wait, isn't LEGO Jurassic Park all 4 movies, including World?

DOES THAT MEAN LEGO DOCTOR WHO HAS A CHANCE TO BE STANDALONE!?

No offence but it's either Lego Back to the Future or bust.

Wait, isn't LEGO Jurassic Park all 4 movies, including World?

DOES THAT MEAN LEGO DOCTOR WHO HAS A CHANCE TO BE STANDALONE!?

This definitely opens the door for plenty of new LEGO games - Doctor Who, Back to the Future, The Simpsons, Scooby Doo... pretty much anything that pops up in this title will be fair game for standalone entries now, because they clearly not only have the rights to make the toys, but also use them in their videogames.

However, I can't help but wonder if Dimensions is basically going to be a foundation for all (or certainly a majority of) future LEGO franchise games - instead of fully-fledged titles every time, they can just churn out some character and level packs to keep interest in the main title going and also appeal to new and wider audiences every time. The core gameplay is effectively the same in every LEGO title after all, it's just the basic characters and settings that change around it.

I would absolutely love a LEGO Doctor Who - and would most definitely prefer it as a cheaper alternative - but, for now at least, I can't see it happening beyond what's appearing in Dimensions. Maybe if and when the physical toy line expands so that we have every Doctor, a fair selection of companions and enemies, etc... but while it's all still brand new, I think they'll stick to this. Certainly if they limit Doctor Who to Dimensions, it gives rabid fans like myself a reason to go out and waste over £100 on something they wouldn't ordinarily buy - and heck, each level pack is like £30 apiece, that's basically the price of a whole standalone game anyway. Business-wise, it would seem to make sense to milk this for as much as it's worth first before moving back onto individual games.

Besides, The Doctor and Marty McFly in the same game. The TARDIS versus the DeLorean. When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're going to see some serious wibbly wobbly timey wimey shit!

• Thumbs Up 1

Who wouldn't want to see the first three BTTF movies along with BTTF The Game turned into a Lego Game?

SIhs8HF.pngLcZUbqg.jpg

vsW14Q3.png

J0b3kQH.png

heavybreathing.png

Wow, those box arts look sweet!

SIhs8HF.pngLcZUbqg.jpg

vsW14Q3.png

J0b3kQH.png

heavybreathing.png

... When did Portal 2 got a Lego set? This seem pretty random but okay.

Man I used to be big into lego, heck I spent this amount on that lego universe game, these days I only care for bionicle. Me aside whilst I don't like the whole combination of toys and video games I must I like this in the sense it allows lego fans to collect minifigures that they normally couldn't with regular sets. The game itself looks like it could be fun but definitely not worth so much money, I haven't played a lego game in a while but I really hope it's not just the same old formula that's been done so many times (or at the very least a largely modified version of it). 

• Thumbs Up 1

... When did Portal 2 got a Lego set? This seem pretty random but okay.

Portal never really did. It was an idea for Lego Cuusoo, where people can submit ideas for sets and people can "petition" (for lack of a better term) for it's creation but it never went into production.

But in this industry of Toys To Life, where you gotta get as much people on-board with your product as possible by cramming a lot of franchises, you gotta take what you can get.