Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

GREAT SCOTT! DOC BROWN JOINS THE BRAWL!

Doc Brown driving around in his goddam time travelling choo-choo train. I am falling more and more in love with this game the more I see of it.

Also confirmed are: DC Comics Team Pack (Joker, Harley Quinn), three additional DC Comics Fun Packs (Superman, Aquaman, Bane), two additional Ninjago Fun Packs (Sensei Wu, Lloyd)

Roll on the official Doctor Who announcement - maybe they'll even get Peter Capaldi to do a trailer like Christopher Lloyd has done here...?

• Thumbs Up 2

Lego. You sneaky assholes, STOP MAKING IT SO HARD TO RESIST BUYING YOUR OVERPRICED PLAYSETS.

As a Back to the Future fan, that trailer was great. Although, I honestly don't know why they just didn't bundle Doc and Marty together into a playset with the DeLorean and the Old West.

Speaking of which, I would have prefered Future Hill Valley or Biff Valley from BTTF 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

Although, I honestly don't know why they just didn't bundle Doc and Marty together into a playset with the DeLorean and the Old West.

Because money.

Glorious, despicable, LEGO money.

lego-money-man.jpg

At least we're getting even more BTTF love - as well as Marty's level pack with Hill Valley, the DeLorean and the hoverboard, we now have at the very least Doc Brown and his time-travelling train. The question is whether those two components will be a fun pack on its own, or if the Old West is bundled in too (along with a third vehicle/gadget) to make it a level pack?

I'd say it's possible. 

If I do end up buying it, it'll likely be solely because of Back to the Future and Simpsons. With each having a very limited amount of good games.

I'd say it's possible. 

If I do end up buying it, it'll likely be solely because of Back to the Future and Simpsons. With each having a very limited amount of good games.

for me it would be because i'm a big fan of the ninjago,back to the future and portal series and chances are i'm likely going to buy their packs anyways for the minifigures and the minibuilds and I do like the brick built portal stand argh if it was only 10 or 20 dollars cheaper though and the fun/team/level packs slightly cheaper then they currently are >_<

Players will be able to bring up to seven Lego characters, gadgets and vehicles into the game using the Toy Pad, and unlike Disney Infinity there will be no restrictions on which characters can be used where. WB also promises that "future expansion pack purchases will continue to work with the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack, even in the fall of next year. No compatibility chart necessary

found this while I was looking around for news on lego dimensions also found pictures for the newly confirmed stuff

71240-1.jpg?201505200326

71237-1.jpg?201505200326

71236-1.jpg?201505200326

71229-1.jpg?201505200326

71230-1.jpg?201505200326

71234-1.jpg?201505200326

71239-1.jpg?201505200326

They're going to get a lot of attention here simply due to the massive number of different IP's playable in one game.

Ah, so Doc Brown is just a fun pack with the train vehicle included. Probably for the best, it means it'll be a bit cheaper to afford at any rate :lol:

GREAT SCOTT! DOC BROWN JOINS THE BRAWL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCQF5WRugec

Doc Brown driving around in his goddam time travelling choo-choo train. I am falling more and more in love with this game the more I see of it.

Also confirmed are: DC Comics Team Pack (Joker, Harley Quinn), three additional DC Comics Fun Packs (Superman, Aquaman, Bane), two additional Ninjago Fun Packs (Sensei Wu, Lloyd)

Roll on the official Doctor Who announcement - maybe they'll even get Peter Capaldi to do a trailer like Christopher Lloyd has done here...?

I WAS FROZEN (by shock) TODAY!

That trailer is cool! Also, Sensei Wu is confirmed? Sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mFI95cY5Wg

New trailer, showing off that any gadget or vehicle can be rebuilt into 3 different variants.

Also, some big news. It's been officially revealed in the video's description that Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Portal, Jurrasic World, Midway Arcade (!!!!!!!) and LEGO Chima are all apart of the game!

And here's a image for Doctor Who.

CGf6-wKUIAAMkIp.png

what the FUCK are the variants for the Turret and the Tardis gonna be?

Really pleased to see Doctor Who finally officially confirmed, and loving that promo pic with the LEGO Capaldi eyebrows! Gutted they didn't actually show off any Doctor Who content in the trailer though, I need me some brick-based TARDIS action and I need it now!

But hey, the whole three ways to build each gadget and vehicle thing, that definitely adds a lot more scope to proceedings. It was bonkers before, but now it's going to be bonkers to the max!

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/605780701808500736?p=v

This has been retweeted by Ed Boon himself, it mean probably nothing, but still its Midway we talking, and Dimension is published by WB Games...

EDIT: https://mobile.twitter.com/noobde/status/606158486955622400?p=v

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

• 2 weeks later...

This game's looking better and better! Oh, hey look! Wheatley! My sister's gonna freak out over this! Right after she's done freaking out over Boba Fett in Disney Infinity.

Also just a hunch, but is the person saying "Delivery!" In this video Christopher Lloyd? I have a feeling that each person who gets the special package in each trailer is gonna be passed on to the next person for the next trailer. The "Great Scott!" Trailer sounded like the guy from the first trailer and this one sounds like Christopher Lloyd. Now what will they be doing for the next trailer? Have Chell say "Delivery?" Of course, my theory would be true if there is no delivery line in the next trailer, because Chell doesn't speak.

Anyway, going too deep into this, here's more footage:

well I will say I will give them credit were credit is due the shift modes look very good if they can impress me more in certain areas then I might just say that this could be worth its price (at least they now have a slightly better reason as to why the gamepad's so pricy)

that said chances are I will buy this game due to the ip's it has plus the minifigures and mini builds and I do love the lighting up colors it kinda reminds me of something from the batman games :P

https://youtu.be/_3cUGWsVc2U

All the stuff about this game that's come out of E3 has definitely warmed me up to the idea of getting it - with all of the shifting mechanics that the toy pad offers, the technology seems to finally be justifying its price tag. 

Also, a fairly interesting new interview which clears up a few things I was concerned about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31PHWezRuk

The starter pack gives you a full game experience, following the story of Batman, Wyldstyle and Gandalf travelling through all of the LEGO Dimensions worlds to defeat Lord Vortech. Buying the additional fun/team packs provides you with more characters and vehicles to use in those worlds, and buying the additional level packs gives you a whole new world based on that same franchise to play around in (explaining why we've seen both the Old West and Hill Valley from Back to the Future), complete with stories focusing on their respective characters. So the Portal world in the base game will be all about the trio of heroes going through the test chambers, whereas the Portal world from the level pack is centred around Chell.

Which means we're getting not one but two Doctor Who worlds in LEGO Dimensions! Woohoo! We know there's Victorian London in the level pack... who wants to guess what the one in the main game will be? Gallifrey? Skaro? Either way, I'm excited!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bump! This picture has just surfaced online of Peter Capaldi holding a LEGO TARDIS figure:

CJPVVmeWcAIHIIu.jpg

Now, Peter is currently on his way to Comic Con for the big Doctor Who panel on Thursday... and we know LEGO Dimensions is going to be at Comic Con too... so, with this photo all but confirming it, I think we can safely assume we'll be finally seeing some Doctor Who stuff in action for this game during the event!

The time for pre-ordering is near, I feel it in my bones!

• Thumbs Up 1

My question is will there be an episode of Doctor Who, where an interdimensional monster escapes into our world using the Lego dimensions portal, only to find himself made of Lego as a result

Well, they have to announce everything they have in store this year in the next two months and Comic-Con is kind of a big deal so... Yeah, expect Doctor Who.

Can't wait!

Aaaaaaand it's practically confirmed! Big reveal coming on Wednesday!

Oh shit if they get Peter Capaldi to do a live action trailer as The Doctor like they did for Christopher Lloyd and Doc Brown...!

The fact that they specifically say he's "reprising his role" makes me at least believe he's lending his voice to the game - the hype is real!

EDIT: The plot thickens! Another (older) photo has emerged, this time of Peter Capaldi with Stephen Sharples, assistant director for TT Games working on LEGO Dimensions. I guess this all but confirms he's had some personal input into the project!

CJQPLO7WoAE5FE1.jpg

Sorry to double post... but here comes the Doctor Who motherload!

19312898890_72efa11280_o_zpspal6bnkv.jpg

Entertainment Weekly has also confirmed that Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman and Michelle Gomez will all be lending their voices to the game as The Twelfth Doctor, Clara and Missy respectively.

Now all we need is some gameplay from Comic Con and I will be in LEGO Doctor Who paradise! Gimme gimme gimme!

• Thumbs Up 1

huh this kinda confirms what I was guessing might would happen basically what may likely happen is a good chunk of future lego licensed lines may likely get their own packs for lego dimensions  (a couple of figures mini builds and a lvl) and as long as the licensed lego game lvl formula keeps making money they will keep using the same game engine for said licenses (expect maybe a few exceptions like the lego Jurassic world game and lego avengers

to be honest knowing that they will likely do the same thing for future games I don't mind just having this dlc type set up and assuming they keep to their word the main starter pack "might" be worth its price after all (those packs are still a bit pricey for me though)

Yeah, the Starter Pack is pricey but if it means not buying another one, I'm down.

It's ironic because Disney Infinity always have the ".0" name to their games making it seem like the game is update instead of being a new game yet in actuality, Lego Dimensions is the game that's updating yearly.

Sorry for double posting but you might want to see this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCeJn20gpfs

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh okay, this looks pretty cool. The Daleks look a bit funny though.

........HOLY CRAP THE ENDING! ALL THE OLD DOCTORS WHAT!?