Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

Alright, here comes more info on how things work for Doctor Who...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-doctor-who-is-playable-in-lego-dimensions-bu/1100-6428732/

So it looks like, when the Doctor dies in game, he returns as the 1st Doctor and cycles through other doctors every time he gets smashed. Very nice touch there.

There is also a jukebox where you can listen to other Doctor Who themes and whatnot.

Other physical Lego objects that can be used in-game include a Cyberman, a Dalek and K-9.

I don't even watch Doctor Who but I'm still hyped!

EDIT: Now I'm watching Doctor Who, my hype has expanded more than Donkey Kong's... You know.

Edited by Failinhearts

Oh my (time) lord, this is far bigger and better than I could ever have imagined!

The trailer looks absolutely wonderful and there seems to be tons of Doctor Who content crammed in here. Seriously, how have they managed this? The Doctor Who LEGO figures were only announced themselves a few months ago, the dev team surely can't have had that long to work on all this? But by golly they have, and by golly it looks amazing!

Every single Doctor as well... didn't expect that, 'tis a very nice touch!

Here's a handful of screenshots showing off things like K-9, the Weeping Angels... and a Doc-meets-Doc scenario!

2901203-ld_gameplayscreen_150.jpeg

2901200-ld_gameplayscreen_146.jpeg

2901195-ld_gameplayscreen_140.jpeg

2901196-ld_gameplayscreen_141.jpeg

2901202-ld_gameplayscreen_149.jpeg

2901204-ld_gameplayscreen_151.jpeg

2901201-ld_gameplayscreen_148.jpeg

2901194-ld_gameplayscreen_139.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

I really like how minimalist the Dalek figures are; they look like something you could plausibly build yourself out of any old parts.  I can't believe it never occurred to me how the LEGO brick studs could approximate the Dalek spheres.

Just reading through that article:

"Depending on which Doctor you play as, the interior of your TARDIS will change -- playing as the first Doctor will give you an old-school, black-and-white time machine."

Oh now that really is cool! This along with the regenerating Doctor actually offers a bit more challenge for the player. Usually, death in LEGO games is a non-event. Here though, many will have a favourite Doctor and TARDIS so they'll have to play more carefully in order to avoid regeneration. I imagine you can just repeatedly kill yourself to get him back but, of course, people aren't going to want to have to do that.

From what I understand, all the franchises we've seen are in the core starter pack but in order to play as the characters or expand their universe you need the character pack. Fair enough. I still don't like the prices but at this point I can't sit here pretending like I'm not going to buy it.

EDIT: A video on the official Youtube Channel has given us a look at a couple of the interiors. Oh man these are the real deal:

2d9268bf-a4a3-4ac9-a9a7-c679bc605a16_zps

9aff1128-9536-4838-b748-1fd0362ab236_zps

9490ff7c-545b-42bc-82f7-e8fd9bd0ff93_zps

No sign of the 9th/10th TARDIS yet (curses) but no doubt it'll turn up eventually.

Here's the video for those that want a look:

Turns out the TARDIS is free to use whenever. Someone can wander in the level while you jump in the TARDIS and then begin piloting it through the level. 

Oh, and you can ride Daleks. Just in case you weren't on board yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

These are cute little videos.

On a little bit of a side note, you couldn't get Kai's voice actor, Lego? This is the third time you had replacement actors for the Ninjago cast! This confirms Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Nya and Sensei Wu won't be having their TV Show actors again.

I don't get it, you have Christopher Lloyd and Peter Capaldi but not Vincent Tong? Fun videos, though.

Edited by Failinhearts
  • Thumbs Up 1

New story trailer showing how Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle meet up and how all the universes collide:

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 1

So THAT'S what Lord Vortech sounds like!

I was curious about the story, all I knew was that Robin, Metalbeard and Frodo were taken and it's up to the three Starter Pac heroes to save them and stop this Lord Vortech.

With this video.... That's pretty much all I got, so nothing changed.

Still looks cool!

Brickin' heck, LEGO Dimensions just keeps on getting bigger and bigger! Behold, the newest addition... Adventure Worlds!

Each brand represented in the game has a fully explorable open world based around it - you start off with three for the starter characters (DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings, The LEGO Movie), and you unlock the rest through the expansion packs (each adventure world requires a character from the respective brand to unlock it). And of course, once you have access to the Adventure World, you can venture through it with any character, vehicle or gadget as you please!

It's worth noting that these are separate to the Level Pack stages that you get with Back To The Future, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, etc - meaning there's potentially a lot of bang for your buck depending on what expansions you buy!

Also, watch carefully in the video at the 1:59 mark. You'll see The Eleventh Doctor doing his drunk giraffe dance. Now that's attention to detail.

drunkgiraffe_zpsyvi1dlzh.png

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 2

Why does this game get more and more interesting with each trailer?
Open worlds for every brand in the game? Oh, that's very very tempting now.
But of course, it all depends in how big they are.

Wow! I knew Peter Venkman and Slimer were gonna be in this, but Stay Puft Marshmellow Man is a real surprise!

Also, on the thing about the Adventure Worlds: HYYYYPE!

A thing I like to do in Video Games is to fool around with my sisters. This is why I enjoy Disney Infinity and Training Mode in Smash Bros, I can do whatever I want there. Now that there's 14 open-worlds each with their own missions and enviroments, sign me up!

I'm just wanting this game more and more with each announcement, same goes for Skylanders: Superchargers and Disney Infinity 3.0.

(Even though Disney hasn't announced a new character since E3, seriously what's taking them so long?)

Pardon me boys!

wxZkTE1.jpg4j08LbO.jpgmTeQIGp.jpg

NOW WHO YA GONNA BUY!?

That's odd, I wonder why they aren't using the reboot Ghostbusters...

Oh, that's right. Lego has some shred of respect for the original film

• Thumbs Up 1

So thanks to this leaked picture, we now know who's in each wave.

topoflegodimensionsbox.png

Wave 1: Marty Mcfly, Homer, Chell, Owen Grady, ACU Guard, Scooby, Shaggy, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Emmet, Bad Cop, Benny, Jay, Nya/Samurai X, Zane, Gollum, Legolas, Gimli, Laval, Cragger, Eris, Batman, Gandalf, Wyldstyle

Wave 2: The Doctor, Kai, Cole, Bart, Krusty The Clown, Unikitty

Wave 3: Peter Venkman, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Doc Brown, Sensei Wu, Cyberman

Wave 4: Stay Puft, Midway Arcade Character, Superman, Aquaman

Wave 5: Lloyd Garmadon, Bane, Slimer

We also get our first look at our character representing Midway Arcade.

LEGODimensionsMidwayArcade.png

So there we go, this is the entire line up for the 2015-2016 timeframe for Lego Dimensions.

Remember that the game will update yearly instead of getting sequels so the future 2016-2017 lineup will be compatible with the initial Starter Pack.

Edited by Failinhearts

Damn, that's a lot of LEGO figures! I'm currently only planning to pick up the Doctor Who and Back To The Future expansion packs, so I should have everything I need by Wave 3!

I wonder how far apart the waves will release - I'm pretty sure during one of the Comic Con interviews they said the Doctor Who level pack would arrive "soon" after launch, so I'm guessing Wave 2 will be around October/November... maybe they'll squeeze Wave 3 in before Christmas too, or hold it back until early 2016? Even so, gonna feel like a long wait between getting the game and being able to finally play as The Doctor himself :lol: good job I'll have Marty McFly to keep me occupied in the meantime... this is the game that just keeps on giving!

Also, pardon my ignorance, but... who exactly is that Midway Arcade character?

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was doing the rounds again to try and find some more footage of Doctor Who content and it looks like someone was just as keen to see the different TARDIS desktops.

Personal highlight is finally getting a look at the 10th Doctor's TARDIS at 4:52. The console room looks great and you'll even spot 10's severed hand in the jar sitting against one of the support pillars. We also get a look at the War Doctor's TARDIS as well as Eleven's who is using his 2010-2012 interior.

Each Doctor says a line from the show just after regenerating. The player doesn't regenerate via death in the video so I'm not sure if we'll hear each Doctor's last words just as they begin to regenerate but it seems nothing plays when you manually trigger it.

The player tries to see the Eighth Doctor's interior but it doesn't seem to change for him. I'm guessing it just isn't done yet rather than deliberately being excluded altogether. I mean I can't blame them considering the size of his console room.

The biggest mystery is the War Doctor's TARDIS which is actually carrying the moment inside. The player smashes it and rebuilds it into its "big red button" mode. He activates it but the video ends before we get to see what it does. What a tease!

Edited by LiamTheAnimator

• 2 weeks later...

Scooby Doo animated trailer!

Wow, I am loving the amount of love and attention to detail each franchise is getting in this game. All these specially made trailers... it's starting to feel like a LEGO version of Smash Bros in terms of hype!

• Thumbs Up 8

That trailer was awesome!

I KNEW SOMEONE FROM PORTAL WOULD DELIVER THE PACKAGE AND SAY DELIVERY! I just thought it was gonna be delivered to The Doctor.

Scooby Doo animated trailer!

Wow, I am loving the amount of love and attention to detail each franchise is getting in this game. All these specially made trailers... it's starting to feel like a LEGO version of Smash Bros in terms of hype!

Let me correct that for you: The Smash Bros/Project X Zone of POP Culture.

Lego Dimensions doesn't release until September 27th, but some stores goofed up and put the Starter Pack on the shelves ALREADY. (No, you still can't buy it.)

http://brickinquirer.com/2015/08/19/lego-dimensions-arriving-at-stores-more-than-a-month-before-release/

LEGODimensions.png

lego-dimensions-target0.jpg

lego-dimensions-target5.jpg

Thanks to this, we can see the re-builds of the Invisible Jet and the Portal items

lego-dimensions-target7.jpg

lego-dimensions-target2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post but I got more news! So we know what exactly is in the Midway Arcade pack! Turns out it's a Level Pack!

LevelPack_MidwayArcade_71235_Expanded.jp

On the box, it says "over 20 classic games!" So we can play actual arcade games in Lego Dimensions? Or maybe they're Lego-fied. Guess we'll wait and see but this looks really cool!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, Lego Dimensions has an all star cast, but you already  knew that.

In both characters and voice talent:

So, we got an amazing voice cast! Highlights include Micheal J Fox back as Marty McFly, Chris Pratt back as both Owen and Emmet, J,K Simmons as what we assume  to be Cave Johnson, the entire cast of The Lego Movie except Liam Neeson including Alison Brie and Charlie Day and Gary Oldman as the villain.

If this game was a movie, I would be interested in watching it for a cast that big alone.

To be fair, he could still be in the game, just not listed in the video for some reason.

Note The Simpsons' cast and Frank Welker are not mentioned in the video.

But it would rather odd to leave out such a big name as that.

I guess so.

I mean, if Star Wars: The Clone Wars got Liam Neeson for several episodes, I'm sure Lego Dimensions can get him. I mean, this cast... When in doubt, look at this cast.

Dunno why they still didn't get the Ninjago show actors, though.