Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

We got one more actor from The Lego Movie!

The official account retweeted this.

Will Arnett as The Lego Movie Batman!

I think it's safe to assume Nick Offerman is back as Metal Beard and if Liam Neeson is back as Bad Cop, we have the whole main cast of The Lego Movie besides Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrel. Awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

We got one more actor from The Lego Movie!

The official account retweeted this.

Will Arnett as The Lego Movie Batman!

I think it's safe to assume Nick Offerman is back as Metal Beard and if Liam Neeson is back as Bad Cop, we have the whole main cast of The Lego Movie besides Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrel. Awesome!

I knew from the very beginning that Will Arnett will return to play Lego Movie Batman!

It's cool to see an official confirmation, though!

I wonder how having both the Lego movie Batman and standard Lego Batman will play out...

LM Batman: I'm Batman!

Batman: No, I'm Batman!

LM Batman: I'M BATMAN!

Batman: I am vengeance, I am the night, I AM BATMAN!

Somebody got their hands on the Nya Fun Pack early and came across something that people not buying the game, but wants the figure and builds may be disappointed in...

The instructions for the Minifigure comes with the packs, but the building instructions for the mini-builds are exclusively in-game. In this video, you could see that the instructions for Nya is there, but the instructions for the Samurai Mech isn't.

LAUNCH TRAILER!

Also, I assumed ages ago the vehicle instructions would be in-game. It would only be logical if they expect you to transform the vehicles during gameplay in real time, instead of spending 10 minutes looking between the model and paper instructions.

We have less than a week before release and a Let's Play for Lego Dimensions has arisen! At the time of this post, Ghost Robo has posted one part of his Lego Dimensions playthrough. If you want to see the beginning, watch the video below!

In other news, Lego Dimensions has started a new weekly web series. There's a new episode every Thursday. This first episode showcases a Starter Pack unboxing and the ability to save different paint jobs on your vehicles! 

Did somebody say "leaks?"

So somebody got their hands on the Model Numbers and Placeholder names for the next big expansion for Lego Dimensions. As you know, the initial Starter Pack will update with new content so you don't have to buy another game like the other Toys-To-Life franchises. So that means these new packs slated for probably next year will work with the game.

So as for franchises, it's all entirely based on guesses of the placeholder names. I'm putting the link to the placeholders in a spoiler.

http://brickinquirer.com/2015/09/21/report-harry-potter-and-other-franchises-leaked-for-lego-dimensions-2/

So people are thinking franchises such as Harry Potter, Teen Titans Go and even Knight Rider will be coming.

Hmm, how odd, aside from Harry Potter and technically Teen Titans Go(Due to them general DC Universe theme) I don't recall any of these new properties ever having Lego Sets.

A A-Team set would be cool though, I would kill get a Lego Mr. T.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice review.

I had no doubt this game is gonna be good, but I'm glad that we at least got verification on this. Man, all the Toys To Life games have been getting great reviews!

Did somebody say "leaks?"

So somebody got their hands on the Model Numbers and Placeholder names for the next big expansion for Lego Dimensions. As you know, the initial Starter Pack will update with new content so you don't have to buy another game like the other Toys-To-Life franchises. So that means these new packs slated for probably next year will work with the game.

So as for franchises, it's all entirely based on guesses of the placeholder names. I'm putting the link to the placeholders in a spoiler.

Hidden Content

Teen Titans Go

• Thumbs Up 3

Looking pretty good!

I'm wondering how my local Lego Store will treat the launch tomorrow. I'll check it out. Will that store have exclusives from other stores? It's confirmed that Jay and Laval will only be sold at Toys R Us, but will any Lego Stores have them? It's like how the Nintendo World Store gets other store-exclusive amiibo from time to time.

Been playing the game for a few hours and just beat the second world.

So far the game's a lot of fun! Humor is great and the classic Lego gameplay is still fun. The use of the Toy Pad is pretty good too. Lots of times you'll be intracting with the physical figures and the game to solve puzzles and stuff. 

Some of the crazy mashups I've seen so far have put a big smile on my face. I love some of the villains that turn up in the second world especially. Looking forward to what over kind of interactions the characters will come across.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Humor is great and the classic Lego gameplay is still fun. The use of the Toy Pad is pretty good too. Lots of times you'll be intracting with the physical figures and the game to solve puzzles and stuff. 

Some of the crazy mashups I've seen so far have put a big smile on my face. I love some of the villains that turn up in the second world especially. Looking forward to what over kind of interactions the characters will come across.

over all that's basically my thoughts from the gameplay I've seen.I have plans of getting it but going to have to save up for it in the meanwhile though I think i'm going to do some info collecting and make up some kind of cheap budget list (or basically getting all the minikits with the minimal amount of mini-fig/build's)

for example chell is the only person that can create portals on the white panels in certain stages and access the portal 2 hub world at the time of this post

Just finished the main story and I have to say, I've been very impressed with LEGO Dimensions and it's easily my favourite LEGO game that I've played. The whole crossover theme really plays in well to the style of humour and storytelling, and just on a gameplay level, I think it's the freshest and most original entry in the franchise since the original LEGO Star Wars laid the foundations in the first place.

For example, one thing I really like about Dimensions is how the boss battles - and there are a lot of them - are essentially mini-levels and puzzles in themselves. I'm sure I remember some previous LEGO game bosses simply being "mash the attack button until their health depletes" but these ones all require some thinking and using the environment around you to take them down. It's enormously satisfying and it ties in really nicely with the Toy Pad mechanics, which have you physically picking up and moving around the LEGO figures to activate special portals or altering size or gaining elemental powers. Heck, even the colour-changing mechanic - which is probably the most simplistic and repetitive of the lot - becomes interesting when you have to first discover all of the colour portals in the level and then test your colour-mixing skills when things like green and purple show up and you only have the usual red, blue and yellow to choose from. It's the best use of "toys-to-life" I've seen because the toys actually feel like a huge part of the game - every few minutes you'll need to take your hand off the controller and move around the characters like little pieces of a LEGO chess board, and the experience is all the more interactive for it. Plus, you're getting some sweet LEGO mini-figs out of it, which is always a bonus.

I won't spoil any specifics about the story, but I will just say that Doctor Who fans like myself will be very pleased with the amount of love the series gets - not only is the Doctor Who level in the starter pack one of the more ingenious, The Doctor also plays a pretty key role as the plot goes on. Roll on November for the level pack so I can finally play as The Doctor properly!

Oh, and for fans of Portal, make sure you stick around during the end credits for a real surprise...

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just finished the main story and I have to say, I've been very impressed with LEGO Dimensions and it's easily my favourite LEGO game that I've played. The whole crossover theme really plays in well to the style of humour and storytelling, and just on a gameplay level, I think it's the freshest and most original entry in the franchise since the original LEGO Star Wars laid the foundations in the first place.

For example, one thing I really like about Dimensions is how the boss battles - and there are a lot of them - are essentially mini-levels and puzzles in themselves. I'm sure I remember some previous LEGO game bosses simply being "mash the attack button until their health depletes" but these ones all require some thinking and using the environment around you to take them down. It's enormously satisfying and it ties in really nicely with the Toy Pad mechanics, which have you physically picking up and moving around the LEGO figures to activate special portals or altering size or gaining elemental powers. Heck, even the colour-changing mechanic - which is probably the most simplistic and repetitive of the lot - becomes interesting when you have to first discover all of the colour portals in the level and then test your colour-mixing skills when things like green and purple show up and you only have the usual red, blue and yellow to choose from. It's the best use of "toys-to-life" I've seen because the toys actually feel like a huge part of the game - every few minutes you'll need to take your hand off the controller and move around the characters like little pieces of a LEGO chess board, and the experience is all the more interactive for it. Plus, you're getting some sweet LEGO mini-figs out of it, which is always a bonus.

I won't spoil any specifics about the story, but I will just say that Doctor Who fans like myself will be very pleased with the amount of love the series gets - not only is the Doctor Who level in the starter pack one of the more ingenious, The Doctor also plays a pretty key role as the plot goes on. Roll on November for the level pack so I can finally play as The Doctor properly!

Oh, and for fans of Portal, make sure you stick around during the end credits for a real surprise...

Hidden Content

Should I be worried that Batman and GLaDos who is a crazy robot who tries to kill everyone she meets are seemingly friends?

On another note though, I'm feeling a lot better about Lego Dimensions. It's still a complete rip off given the price, especially since the level packs can be beaten in around 20-60 minutes apparently, but I'll give them credit. From what I've watched of Lego Dimensions, it seems like a love letter to fans of these franchises. As a Back to the Future fan though, I can't help but feel Marty and Doc's voices sound really off.

Hidden Content

On another note though, I'm feeling a lot better about Lego Dimensions. It's still a complete rip off given the price, especially since the level packs can be beaten in around 20-60 minutes apparently, but I'll give them credit. From what I've watched of Lego Dimensions, it seems like a love letter to fans of these franchises. As a Back to the Future fan though, I can't help but feel Marty and Doc's voices sound really off.

There's a good reason why Batman and GLaDOS are on friendly terms, but I'll leave that to be unveiled in the story...

I agree that some of the level packs are probably a bit underwhelming - so far I've only got the Back To The Future one, and the level itself can be beaten easily in around 20-30 minutes and it's just a very abridged retelling of the first film. The Simpsons level pack, too, from what I've seen is just a retread of an old episode (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer). The only truly "original" level pack seems to be Portal, which takes place after Portal 2 rather than simply recreating the source material in Lego form.

However, the Adventure Worlds more than make up for the brief levels - getting to explore Hill Valley in all three time periods is great fun and also seems to be a good way to farm Lego studs, and I imagine going around Springfield or Aperture Science would be just as fun too.

I can only hope the Doctor Who level pack and Adventure World are as engaging!

Speaking of which, here's some screenshots of every single Doctor and his respective in-game TARDIS design...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-09/every-doctors-tardis-in-lego

87845.jpg87846.jpg87847.jpg87848.jpg87849.jpg87850.jpg87851.jpg87852.jpg87853.jpg87854.jpg87855.jpg87856.jpg87857.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!

Wave 2 is released this week (out now in the US, out on Friday in Europe) and that includes...*drum roll*... the Doctor Who level pack!

Here's gameplay footage of both the level and the Adventure World. Obviously, if you want to keep it a surprise... spoilers!

Seriously, that LEGO rendition of the Doctor Who opening titles! And LEGO Davros!

EDIT: The Eighth Doctor finally gets his own, proper TARDIS interior!

hzoHOSW.jpg

High-res pics of all the Doctors and their respective TARDIS interiors: http://imgur.com/a/4l8Fv#hzoHOSW

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 3

Found this from the Lego Dimensions Subreddit, can somebody verify this?

So, this is interesting. Spoilers for the Simpsons Level Pack and potential spoilers for future brands to be added below.

If you're playing the level that comes with Homer and make it up to the pepper delusion, using the TARDIS will take you into the land of the Jetsons.

WVW69iikg3gi5H27mE

Using the TARDIS in Mr. Burns' office takes you to the front of the Flinstones House.WVW69iikzhgVmUaflh

Found this from the Lego Dimensions Subreddit, can somebody verify this?

So, this is interesting. Spoilers for the Simpsons Level Pack and potential spoilers for future brands to be added below.

Hidden Content

Judging from the cel-shading in those images, it looks like they're from the Scooby-Doo level, not the Simpsons.

Which makes more sense, seeing as both the Flintstones and the Jetsons are also Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

man looks like the doctor who stuff is a blast from what it looks like and meanwhile WB has added a heroes for hire system to summarize what this is about to quote a news article I found talking about this

"All Wave 1 figures can now be called upon using the Hire A Hero feature at the relevant points within levels, using the in-game stud currency, to temporarily unlock them."

and assuming the stud multiplier red bricks are back this means that we will be able to acess almost anything we want to in the game now without spending hundreds on a single lego game "though I think certain lvl packs will be needed for their mini builds like the derloran and tardis still"

Judging from the cel-shading in those images, it looks like they're from the Scooby-Doo level, not the Simpsons.

Hidden Content

I know, right? But it does occur in the Simpsons levels.

Here's actual video footage of using the TARDIS in Mr. Burns' office, which leads you to Bedrock.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know, right? But it does occur in the Simpsons levels.

Hidden Content

Huh. I stand corrected, then.

Still makes sense: Flintstones are pretty much the precursor to the Simpsons anyway. Any videos on the Jetsons area yet?