Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

Here you go, @N'egga Man!

I like how the TARDIS docking area bricks are hidden inside a broken down bus in the desert. A neat reference to the episode "Planet Of The Dead."

Just a bit of a heads up for anyone who's getting the Doctor Who level pack - I've got it and experienced a few technical problems while playing through The Dalek Extermination of Earth level.

In short, sometimes when time-travelling with the TARDIS (at seemingly random but very similar points), the game would just freeze up and crash my console and cause me to have to start the whole level over again from the beginning. This happened about three or four times in succession, and apparently is due to having the R.A.D. red brick extra activated - turn it off and the level should be plain sailing. (I'm playing the game on a Wii U, I don't know if this same issue affects other consoles as well)

Hopefully this gets fixed in the near future - but the Doctor Who content is all very fantastic aside from that, I highly recommend picking it up if you're a fan!

• 1 month later...

well thx to a half priced lego dimensions wii-u starter pack sale on amazon and a fun pack  7.45 sale on gamestop.com

i finally have lego dimensions and all of these packs

IMG_0680.thumb.JPG.68f84593c35265f1f7cfc

granted i already had the portal lvl pack since october but anyways finally going to play though the game and i'll list my thoughts at some point and might do some mini reviews of sorts going over the fun packs

I've made it up to the DC level in this game, thought I'd give my impressions so far. I'm rather enjoying it, but the toy switching mechanic can be rather tedious, moving toys from one area of the Toy Pad from another. A neat concept, but not the best execution.

Another nitpick is the actors chosen to play the Ninjago characters. I understand that the voices are from the games "Nindroids" and "Shadow of Ronin", but some sound nothing like the show's superior voices. Kai sounds nothing like Vincent Tong, nor does Cole. I haven't heard Sensei Wu yet, but if it's anything like his voice from "Shadow of Ronin", I ain't gonna like it. LEGO didn't apparently even bother to contact the show's actors to reprise their roles for the game. How disappointing. Jay's the only one so far that sounds really accurate. 

I've also experienced some glitches, crashes and other issues. One time, Batman kept dying to nothing over and over again when I really needed him to accomplish something. Not even removing him from the Toy Pad helped until 2 minutes later when he finally decided to leave the game and return like nothing happened. The game also crashed twice for me. The frame rate in the Wii U version's Adventure Worlds is also pretty crappy, and the LEGO Dimensions servers never seem to connect. (This appears to be a problem with other people as well, so it's probably not my internet connection)

Lots of stuff was good, however. The fanservice was fun, the interactions were neat and despite the tedious Toy Pad physical movement, the Keystone gimmicks were pretty enjoyable to mess with. I just wish there was another way to use them.

• 2 months later...

...Whoa! Has it really been nearly 3 months since the last post here? I would've thought someone would update it by now. Oh well.

Since the last post, both Waves 3 and 4 have been released. Wave 3 includes the Ghostbusters (well, technically it's just Peter Venkman, but you can cycle between all 4 members in-game) and their Level Pack, along with BTTF's Doc Brown, Doctor Who's Cyberman (either one is required for their Drone abilities), DC's Joker and Harley Quinn, and Ninjago's Sensei Wu. As for the Ghostbusters level itself...

Spoiler

...like Back to the Future, it's just an abridged LEGO-fied version of the first movie. At least Stay Puft looks more... menacing, I guess?

Wave 4 on the other hand, includes the mini-fig version of Stay Puft, DC's Superman and Aquaman (the latter being required for his own puzzles), and the Gamer Kid with the Midway Arcade Level Pack, which is...

Spoiler

...honestly, kinda odd. The evil force is clearly Lord Vortech, but we don't know if this is set before or after the main game's events. At least the classic arcade games look pretty cool (and actually emulated, too. Not just LEGO-fied.)

Also, with both Ghostbusters and Midway Arcade characters released, all 14 Adventure Worlds (and all standalone levels) are officially playable now! All that's left to release is Wave 5 (Bane, Lloyd and Slimer) and then we may actually get some "brand" new updates!

I don't know, I've been tempted by this for a while, and I've been waiting and resisting, and I'll probably wait until it drops to $45 again. Although I'd probably get the Jurassic Park pack, Midway, Ghostbusters, and Scooby Doo. well and others if I can get a good price(Portal is one I'd like). Wait and see I guess

We got a leak, everyone! So somebody has managed to hack LEGO Dimensions to get us not only gameplay of Slimer and Lloyd early, but gameplay of two new unannounced characters!

Spoiler

Green Arrow and Supergirl!

From these videos, you can see that Supergirl can take on the form of "Red Lantern Supergirl" as well.

1 hour ago, Failinhearts said:

We got a leak, everyone! So somebody has managed to hack LEGO Dimensions to get us not only gameplay of Slimer and Lloyd early, but gameplay of two new unannounced characters!

Hide contents

Green Arrow and Supergirl!

From these videos, you can see that Supergirl can take on the form of "Red Lantern Supergirl" as well.

It looks like they're in due to the popularity of the CW shows. Wouldn't surprise me if Dimensions got a Flash Fun Pack later down the line.

48 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It looks like they're in due to the popularity of the CW shows. Wouldn't surprise me if Dimensions got a Flash Fun Pack later down the line.

Well, Flash is a given, but there are ton of great potential characters. No vehicles really, but even just going E1(ish) potential characters are:

Vibe(could be comic outfit), Reverse Flash(redundant, awesome but redundant), Captian Cold(YES), Trickster(would overlap with Joker, but hey), and well that's the main recurring ones that would be rather cool.

Heck, there are even 2 easy Mega-Fig possibilities(possibly the first for dimensions): King Shark and Gorilla Grodd, really don't work any other way

For that matter it's more of an issue of too many options, than too few, unlike Arrow who lacks diverse interesting characters.

Say, I've asked this before, and I'll ask again any of you fans willing to help sell me on Dimensions? and how many packs are required to get basic access to everything(minus Simpsons, I can't stand 'em). Mind you I'll wait until the next 50% drop to $45

8 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Well, Flash is a given, but there are ton of great potential characters. No vehicles really, but even just going E1(ish) potential characters are:

Vibe(could be comic outfit), Reverse Flash(redundant, awesome but redundant), Captian Cold(YES), Trickster(would overlap with Joker, but hey), and well that's the main recurring ones that would be rather cool.

Heck, there are even 2 easy Mega-Fig possibilities(possibly the first for dimensions): King Shark and Gorilla Grodd, really don't work any other way

For that matter it's more of an issue of too many options, than too few, unlike Arrow who lacks diverse interesting characters.

Say, I've asked this before, and I'll ask again any of you fans willing to help sell me on Dimensions? and how many packs are required to get basic access to everything(minus Simpsons, I can't stand 'em). Mind you I'll wait until the next 50% drop to $45

I haven't played Dimensions yet (Far too fucking overpriced atm to be honest), but from what I understand. You generally do get access to all worlds, as there's one level set in every world I believe. If you then want additional levels based on said worlds, you get the level packs, which go for a very high price (The BTTF one for example only has three trophies, 30 minutes of content, and is like £25-30). Unless a franchise is there that you really love, and you just need to have it, wait for a price drop and get the base game. Other than that, wait for an additional price drop on level packs and such if you really want them.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I haven't played Dimensions yet (Far too fucking overpriced atm to be honest), but from what I understand. You generally do get access to all worlds, as there's one level set in every world I believe. If you then want additional levels based on said worlds, you get the level packs, which go for a very high price (The BTTF one for example only has three trophies, 30 minutes of content, and is like £25-30). Unless a franchise is there that you really love, and you just need to have it, wait for a price drop and get the base game. Other than that, wait for an additional price drop on level packs and such if you really want them.

I've seen half off a lot on most of the packs(other than Portal), and half off happens every couple a week. Though again I was asking for someone who actually playing this game to sell me

Just now, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Well, the unique thing about Dimensions is that there will be no future games and instead, the game will have contant patches for the next 3 years. At least, that's what the ads say and this new leak proves it even more. So yeah, the Starter Pack is expensive, but you don't need to buy a new one. (Especially if you get it on sale)

I personally really enjoy the game, and the Toy Pad mechanics, despite being tedious at times, really adds some new ways to complete puzzles.

As for the number of packs needed to 100% the game... it's a lot. Over $400 worth of stuff. More than any Toys-To-Life game I've seen. Remember that more will be needed as the game patches. Here's a guide to help you finish the current game with the least amount of packs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/comments/3ndy95/the_price_of_100_a_guide/

Well, the unique thing about Dimensions is that there will be no future games and instead, the game will have contant patches for the next 3 years. At least, that's what the ads say and this new leak proves it even more. So yeah, the Starter Pack is expensive, but you don't need to buy a new one. (Especially if you get it on sale)

I personally really enjoy the game, and the Toy Pad mechanics, despite being tedious at times, really adds some new ways to complete puzzles.

As for the number of packs needed to 100% the game... it's a lot. Over $400 worth of stuff. More than any Toys-To-Life game I've seen. Remember that more will be needed as the game patches. Here's a guide to help you finish the current game with the least amount of packs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/comments/3ndy95/the_price_of_100_a_guide/

I think to say there will be NO future games is heavily stretching it. However, the starter pack will last a lot longer.

Just now, JaidynReiman said:

I think to say there will be NO future games is heavily stretching it. However, the starter pack will last a lot longer.

Perhaps I am stretching it a bit too much, but they did say somewhere that for the next three years, LEGO Dimensions will continue to expand.

But I guess it is too early to tell. We still don't know what LEGO is planning for Dimensions after Wave 5 with the exception of these two leaked characters.

Perhaps I am stretching it a bit too much, but they did say somewhere that for the next three years, LEGO Dimensions will continue to expand.

But I guess it is too early to tell. We still don't know what LEGO is planning for Dimensions after Wave 5 with the exception of these two leaked characters.

I can buy they can make it last three years at least, maybe even longer. My only argument is against the idea that there won't be a sequel.

If you're only interested in getting all achievements, All you need is the base game and every single level pack. You don't even need to 100% the base game so character packs aren't needed and you can even spend 50,000 studs in-game to temporarily use characters you don't have for 30 seconds. 

So just price up all level packs plus the base game and you'll have an idea how much you need!

Also, something I just discovered from the forums is you don't even need the level packs for worlds with multiple characters, as all you need is a coresponding character(with Portal and Midway being the exceptions)

And I'm on wii-u, so no achievements for me

5 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Also, something I just discovered from the forums is you don't even need the level packs for worlds with multiple characters, as all you need is a coresponding character(with Portal and Midway being the exceptions)

And I'm on wii-u, so no achievements for me

Yup. You just need a character from the corresponding brand to enter their Adventure World.

Oh, and I know you don't like the Simpsons but (it's just my advice here, feel free to not take it) the only Simpsons pack you need to beat the base game is the Homer level pack. That's it, so if you're a game completionist, it's not that big of a game-breaker. Once you do the level and the Adventure World, you don't need to touch Homer ever again.

So it appears that somebody has been screwing around with the LEGO Replacement Parts service and managed to order some pieces of a previously leaked character which is for some reason listed with the Starter Pack.

Spoiler

sgirl-order.png

91nOQ6S4ptL._SX425_.jpg

(Notice how the set numbers are 71171)

LEGO shipped everything but Supergirl's legs and hair.

sgirl-group.jpg?fit=3264%2C2448

sgirl-evil.jpg?fit=3264%2C2448

Funny story about the LEGO Replacement service....

Back, almost a decade ago. The LEGO Replacement service used to be more lenient, more relaxed. You didn't really need a proof-of-purchase so much. I eventually stumbled onto this and shared it with a friend. We eventually kept ordering parts left, right and centre. Getting free minifigures in the mail. Like maybe 2-3 times a week. 

4/5 months later, their policy changes and for crucial minifigure pieces, you now require proof-of-purchase :')

Fight the system! #breaktherules

• 3 weeks later...

So, more talk about a specific leaked character:

Spoiler

http://brickinquirer.com/2016/04/28/first-look-lego-dimensions-supergirl-building-instructions-pointing-to-exclusive-promotion/

LEGO-Dimensions-Supergirl-681x1024.pngLEGO-Dimensions-Supergirl_2-681x1024.png

So, the building instructions for Supergirl was leaked, but something seems off. The instructions are much smaller than the typical Fun Pack and she has a Gold Base. This is leading people to believe that Supergirl will be an event-exclusive, probably for E3.

I hope this "Gold Base Supergirl" is just some special variant and a regular Blue Base one will receive a retail release if this is true because not allowing the general public to get their hands on a unique character like Supergirl would be pretty shitty.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm new to this game, but I'm quite surprised at the quality of the game. They have handled other franchises extremely well. I'll be pretty happy if the Sonic rumor turns out to be true.

• 2 weeks later...

So picked up a few packs this weekend on sale:BTTF(12$), Wicked Witch(~8), and Portal 2(~17). Got the latter 2 since they are hard to find when they do go on sale, got really lucky as I grabbed the last one. Still waiting on the Starter pack, will probably give into the next $45 one if I don't catch anything lower.

Say here's a thought, you know what's an obvious missing character especially with the popularity of his sereis? the Flash! what if series 2, has a new Flash centered world, much like how the base DC one is based around Batman, but this new one being centered around the TV ones? I'd argue DC is one of the few largest IPS WB has that would merit and be able to fill a second world/story.

So it turns out another previously leaked character is gonna share the same fate as the one I talked about three posts above.

Spoiler

57-1-1024x768.jpg

Green Arrow has been found on eBay in a Limited Edition polybag with that same gold base as Supergirl. Guess this means he's a promotional character as well. Once again, I hope this is just a variant and he gets a retail release sooner or later with a blue base.