Awoo.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade/NT (Arcade since 2015, January 2018 for PS4)

Teoskaven

It's okay Sora, maybe next time. ;-;

Stil want Noel though. I want Zack too but if they're going the 3 characters each game route then ;~;

I'm still crossing my fingers that auron gets in somehow, it actually kind of shocks me that yuna got picked over him in the last game (even though yuna is technically the main character of FFX).

Considering how summoning works now, either Yuna will be completely reworked or will be cut for another character, so you can sort of hope for Auron.

Considering how summoning works now, either Yuna will be completely reworked or will be cut for another character, so you can sort of hope for Auron.

• 1 month later...

Location test footage (including new music remixes, like one of the main theme of the franchise):

Also, Square is planning a stream on May 28 (3 days from now):

This link should work. Hopefully they'll reveal a couple of more veterans.

Can we get some nonhuman FF chars in for a change? :C I wanna see Vivi or Freya, Red XIII, Khimari, etc. I know it probably won't happen, tho'.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't count on Red XIII anytime soon: every single person at Square these days shivers at the mere mention of him because as they stated "animating his fur is a nightmare". And with a game of this graphical quality level, i don't think they will change their minds that quickly.

I would love to see Cait Sith on his Mooglebot personally, but then again, it seems like i'm part of a very, very minor fanbase of a character that's universally hated for some reason.

Yeah, I can imagine them having an incredibly difficult time dealing with Red XIII. Hence why he barely appeared in Advent Children.

The problem with all the non-human characters is, for the most part, they don't play major roles in the various games. Vivi I'd say is probably the most likely to appear. Perhaps he can even be based around his Magic Sword abilities (ok, technically Steiner's, but Vivi is the one casting the spells), just using it on his rod instead.

I definitely don't think we'd see Red XIII anytime soon, though. They'd pick just about anyone else from VII over him if VII got yet another character. Aerith, Yuffie (she'd be very original with her giant shurikens), Barret (gun arm and brute force), hell, maybe even Cait Sith (granted, I think even Reno would be more likely than Cait Sith; Cait Sith has a similar problem to Red XIII).

Honestly, I think their comments on Red XIII being tough to animate are an excuse, considering they've animated plenty of furry and even feathery characters/animals in the series. Khimari has fur, but that didn't stop him from appealing in FFX. AC had plenty of four-legged monsters in that motorcycle chase sequence. Does hair take a lot of time to render? Sure, but I think he'd bring some unique gameplay to the table. A four-legged char in a fighter is always cool to see.

Bartz and Squall showed up in the streaming (Bartz’ footage begins at 46:35, and Squall’s begins at 52:20.)

Also, the Eden Expressway from FFXIII is confirmed as a stage. Meh.

As hinted before, Bartz has a complete different moveset: now he carries one move per job from his original game (so far the Dragoon jump, the Ranger Aim, the Mystic Knight Spellblade, the Blue Mage Goblin Punch and the Samurai Zeninage), and after he executes particularly one in succession, he gets the Master Class stars and that attack becomes more powerful (for example, Aim becomes Rapid Fire and Goblin Punch adds Death Claw and Missile while Bartz is in Master Class mode). Zeninage can be charged for a more wide area attack and if it hits, it connects with Iainuki.

There's also seem to be a move where Bartz throws chocobo feathers in the air, but i don't understand what it does yet.

Squall's biggest change is that he has now the Draw command: it seems he needs to do that for powering up his magic attacks. His combos also seem slightly different, but overall, he feels the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's the stage they took from the entire FF13 saga(if there's only 1 stage per title)? I mean, I'm no fan of FF13, but it had a couple memorable locations that I think could have worked better than Eden Expressway. The opening section of FF13, whatever city Snow ruled over in Lightning Returns, Sunleth Waterscape,  Lake Bresha were all much more interesting locations that I think could have worked well for battle locations.

In 012 there was Orphan's Cradle, wich worked for that game. I fear the Eden Expressway was chosen as more iconic since it was the setting of a lot of the trailers for the whole marketing campaign of the game.

Eh, Still a sad choice imo. Hopefully there is more than one stage for certain games. Cause tbh FF13 had 3 games, and FF7 is one of the biggest games in the series. I think a second stage wouldn't be to far out there for those kind of games.

I've been seeing the game so far and I'm really invested in it! Although I can only hope when it comes out on PS4 that it can allow us to choose the number of characters that can be on field since the 3 on 3 thing at the same time is nice on Arcade, but it can get a little too clutter at times. Just a thought of mine.

I agree that they should've used an other location instead of Eden Expressway. I mean, it's not horrible or anything but I also believe that there are locations that would've been a better choice. What other FF7 stage would they've picked besides Midgar?

What's that area where they placed Aeriths body? I think that could have been a neat area. Also that park where you first meet Cait Sith. That military base you had to sneak into. Yuffies Village. The mansion you met Vincent in. That town with the rocket.(I'm terrible with names as I haven't played 7 in years) I'm not saying they shouldn't have picked midgar. I'm saying it makes sense for games like 7 and 13 to get more than one stage.

What's that area where they placed Aeriths body? I think that could have been a neat area. Also that park where you first meet Cait Sith. That military base you had to sneak into. Yuffies Village. The mansion you met Vincent in. That town with the rocket.(I'm terrible with names as I haven't played 7 in years) I'm not saying they shouldn't have picked midgar. I'm saying it makes sense for games like 7 and 13 to get more than one stage.

I believe it was called Forgotten City/Capital.

I'll spell them in the order you said for your convenience:

*Forgotten Capital/City of the Ancients

*Gold Saucer

*Junon

*Wutai/Da Chao's Statue

*Shinra Mansion

*Rocket Town

Out of all these, i would prefer just Junon, only because of that cutscene on the Sister Ray in Crisis Core.

Really? I'd say these are all just as memorable as Shinra and could work as battle locations. I mean forgotten city seems like a perfect spot after seeing that place in AC, Gold Saucer could be just wacky fun and colorful, and Shinra Mansion just cause a large abandoned cryptic mansion seems like a interesting trope not used often in fighters. Eh, different views. Junon does seem like it would be the most likely though tbh.

Out of all these, i would prefer just Junon, only because of that cutscene on the Sister Ray in Crisis Core.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Huge update.

First, we have an official release date for the japanese arcade machines: November 26.

Second, we have two stages: although they're not officially named yet, you can tell they are the last floor of the Interdimensional Rift (FFV) and Narshe mountains (FFVI).

-there's also a rumor going around about the FFX stage being Besaid beach, but it's nothing concrete yet-

DFF02.jpg

DFF03.jpg

Third, we got two new veteran returning: Firion and Cecil. We don't know anything yet about their moveset, but we know that Cecil maintains the shapeshifting between Black Knight and Paladin.

Dissidia-1.jpg

Dissidia-2.jpg

This pretty much confirms that the first 14 characters the game's gonna start with will be the Cosmos guys from the first game plus Vaan, Lightning and Y'shtola. I guess we'll have to wait just a bit before hearing of Zidane, Tidus, Shantotto and Vaan then.

Still waiting to see Noctis, and praying that they maybe announce for console that Sora has a chance at maybe being DLC down the line. I mean this series was originally a Kingdom Hearts project, and I doubt Disney will say no. 

Still loving how this game is shaping up though. Can't wait for its console release!

Still waiting to see Noctis, and praying that they maybe announce for console that Sora has a chance at maybe being DLC down the line. I mean this series was originally a Kingdom Hearts project, and I doubt Disney will say no. 

Still loving how this game is shaping up though. Can't wait for its console release!

I think Sora and Riku have a chance, but I don't see any more than that. Lightning will probably get a villain and Noctis will be in as well.

Nice that we finally have a decent amount of info about this game, though. I'm really interested in seeing this on consoles.