Awoo.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade/NT (Arcade since 2015, January 2018 for PS4)

Teoskaven

I'm not saying 4 characters for KH. I'm saying characters that could work for a pair.

Sora - Riku

Riku-Ansem

Sora-Roxas

Sora-Ansem

Heck, Aqua could be a interesting character to get paired with Roxas just to see the interaction between the two.

Just saying they don't have to have the only choices be Sora and Riku.

I was referring to an established franchise lol, not KH.

What I mean is:

I don't see them boosting any of the FF games with three characters right now up to four. That was irrelevant of the KH discussion. Come to think of it, I don't know why I brought it up at that point... :P

I guess I was looking at my prior post and didn't think I clarified the point properly, then I confused it even more.

If we're talking about KH characters I'd like Vanitas just because he's my favorite character in the series

I'd only be slightly annoyed if he were support only or something. XP

As for FF characters, XIII-2 is the only one I've played so... Serah and Noel pls

If we're talking about KH characters I'd like Vanitas just because he's my favorite character in the series

As for FF characters, XIII-2 is the only one I've played so... Serah and Noel pls

I can see Serah getting in, but not Noel. I still think the most likely XIII candidates are Cid Raines and Caius, though. Regardless, I'd not object if they added Serah and Caius or Cid. Serah is definitely a better pick than the next one you'd think of, Snow.

Granted, more people would probably like Sazh over Serah. Personally, I think Serah is slightly more original since she's got a bow, but Sazh's dual guns are pretty good as well.

This also goes back to my comment on four characters per game. Technically this would represent multiple games, but I don't think they'd do it for the entire universe in general. Maybe for XIII and VII they might consider it...

I can see Serah getting in, but not Noel. I still think the most likely XIII candidates are Cid Raines and Caius, though. Regardless, I'd not object if they added Serah and Caius or Cid. Serah is definitely a better pick than the next one you'd think of, Snow.

Granted, more people would probably like Sazh over Serah. Personally, I think Serah is slightly more original since she's got a bow, but Sazh's dual guns are pretty good as well.

This also goes back to my comment on four characters per game. Technically this would represent multiple games, but I don't think they'd do it for the entire universe in general. Maybe for XIII and VII they might consider it...

b-but

Noel ;-;

Oh hey I didn't know Sazh had dual guns though, that would be pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being a huge fan of the rainy city aesthetic, I'd love to see TWTNW's city section. Since you can run on buildings in this series I think it'd fit nicely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah agreed, doubly if they incorporated the DDD version in it with moving buildings that are out to kill you.

Wonder if Travese Town could work well also. Seems a bit too mellow for a showdown between six characters, but who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Neogaf's post, the "arcade version" uses PS4 Hardware and PS4 based controls. It's supposed to come out in Fall 2015 so a PS4 release would happen late 2016... possibly 2017.

:(

Edit: Also Ramza won't be in the arcade version. He'll be in the console versions.

According to Neogaf's post, the "arcade version" uses PS4 Hardware and PS4 based controls. It's supposed to come out in Fall 2015 so a PS4 release would happen late 2016... possibly 2017.

:(

Edit: Also Ramza won't be in the arcade version. He'll be in the console versions.

Ah, interesting... So the arcade version probably mostly just reuses existing characters.

Yeah, that makes more sense why they'll be able to have tons of characters. They're not releasing it for consoles for a good year or two. That kinda sucks.

Compared to other recent Square-Enix projects, this is actually an improvement. I can wait.

Apparently there was some kind of live stream this morning; where they showed off the PS4 version, as well as a much of the game's structure. Just a heads up.

Yes indeed: in a couple of hours, i'll gather all the information that have been released so far.

Edit: Here we go:

-The arcade version will start with 14 characters, with periodic updates; the console version will have more than 50, including Ramza. The plan for supporting the game in general revolves around at least 10 years, a la Destiny.

-1v1 very hinted but not yet confirmed.

-You can have the same character for 2 or all slots of your team. Joyful.

-Battle damage confirmed: the more the characters are hurt, the more their clothes/armours are torn. Typical from Team Ninja.

-There's a timer now, and it plays kinda like a score game: the team that made more KO wins.

-Dashing now consumes a meter that recharges when you stand still.

- Each character has 7 brave moves.

-Ex-Skills replace apparently EX-Modes, so Terra becoming Esper or Onion Kinght becomin Ninja/Sage are actions attached to those. Ex-Bursts seems to have disappeared, sadly.
- Only 1 Ex-Skill set and only 1 HP attack per character. Movelist has set A and set B, players to choose which set they want.

-Some previous HP attacks now are bravery attacks and viceversa, like Warrior of Light's Shield of Light.
- Most (if not all) the melee characters now play like typical fighters i.e. 1 move per button input. So for example Cloud's slashing blow will take 3 taps to execute. So far Cloud's the only melee fighter whose moves can be charged (like Jecht) for varying range and attack power.

-In order to summon, you have to break a crystal that spawns in the arena: when you get the bar full, you summon an the creature stays for a while wrecking everything and tainting the sky.

-Music remixes recognized so fare are Eternal Wind (FFIII), Dancing Mad phase 4(FFVI), Eden Under Siege (FFXIII) and Torn from the Heavens (FFXIV)

Characters-specific changes:

Warrior of Light:

-Shield of Light is now a Brave Move (No move name is seen when he uses it in Y'shtola's Trailer)
-Radiant Swords is now a Brv Attack
-Shield of Light now let's out 3 blade like magic attacks when used

Onion Knight:

-Blizzard now Lingers, OK can freely move once casted, knocks player upwards if hit
-NEW MOVE: Shuriken - Onion Knight throws a Shuriken towards his targeted opponent, (Catgory: Brave, -Currently Ground only, Ninja mode only)
-Multi-Hit now looks to add a fire like explsion when the final hit lands (Likely Ninja Mode only)

Terra:

-Trance is now her main EX Skill
-Meteor is now a HP attack
-Running Speed buff
-Tornado now only summons 2 tornados, Terra now sends them outwards, Is now a Brave attack
-Gravity now gets sent outwards away from Terra, Explodes inwards when reaches a certain distance or upon hitting a player
-Holy has lost it's hitstun
-NEW MOVE: Flare - Terra sends out 5 line fire projectiles towards a player, pretty much the second part of Holy Combo but as it's own move (Category: Brave, Magic Attack, No Hitstun)
-As such, Holy Combo is likely lost from her moveset
-Blizzard now looks to work the same way as flare
-Meltdown looks to no longer be chargeable

Cloud:

-Finishing Touch now produces a tornado, Can be charged and travels fast and quick, now a brave attack
-NEW MOVE: Spin Drive, can be used while dashing 'part of new dash move slot'
-Cloud can now charge his brave attack in order to make them stronger
-Finishing Touch is no longer linked to Sonic Break
-Cross Slash can now be used in the Air
-First hit of Sonic Break can be side-step cancelled into Cross Slash
-Blade Beam shoots in 3 different directions when charged
-Chimhazzard looks to knock the opponent forward rather than down on the last hit, travel distance upwards is shorter
-Slashing Blow startup looks to be quicker

Lightning:

-The Medic role has disappeared. And noone's gonna miss it i suspect.

-Army of One is now her main EX Skill
-Thunder shoots forward and hits mutiple times rather than trapping them in one spot
-Blizzard looks to hit from a much further distance now
-All of Lightning's Attacker moves looks to have their startup decreased
-Blitz now gives a slash that sends the player upwards on the last hit rather than shooting the player away
-Launch looks to have gained a extra hit in the combo
-Crushing Blow's startup and cooldown looks to be much shorter, remains a HP attack

Bartz (confirmed to return thanks to his VA):

-Play Style will be changing, will be able to change jobs and have 1 ability per job, loses copycat play style.

I may have missed something, but so far we know at least this. There should be other streams in the future, so don't worry.

Oh, so the game is indeed like Anarchy Reigns, sweet. 

Damn i'm getting jealous of the Japaneses Arcades, they are having some beautiful and fun games. I really wanted to play that Border Break game Sega made a while ago.

Only one HP Attack? Bartz isn't a copycat? No Ex-Bursts?!

These don't sound pleasing to me at all. Limiting characters to one HP attack seems kind of lame in general, and ex-bursts were pretty cool, if not a little impractical. Kinda sad to see them go. Bartz not being a copycat could be seen as a plus, but I find that was a big part of his appeal, hope his new moveset can be as charming.

Maybe console versions will be different, since they'll probably focus on classic one on one?

Don't know what to say about that, but it feels strange that all characters will only have one HP attack. That takes out a lot of strategy and depth. Also, no Ex-Bursts.

Yeah.....

Hopefully the game will be better than it's sequels without these mechanics, although it's going to need to bring something new to the table to interest me.

Dissidia graphics comparison

Actually, it's a before and after comparison. And keep in mind that the original graphics were on 8 Year Old tech for Arcades. Granted, the PS4 is outdated as well, but not as bad as the original arcade board.

It's being developed by Team Ninja. That part already worries me. :(

To be honest I think that when they aren't focusing on ways to make breasts move they're a pretty competent developer, heck they did make the ninja gaiden games (3 was pretty eh though) and DmC was decent for what it was minus the story so I have some confidence in them.

Edit: scratch that, I was thinking about ninja theory when I said DmC but my point still stands.

To be honest I think that when they aren't focusing on ways to make breasts move they're a pretty competent developer, heck they did make the ninja gaiden games (3 was pretty eh though) and DmC was decent for what it was minus the story so I have some confidence in them.

I guarantee we're going to get some intense breast physics.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Noctis will come to the game after Final Fantasy XV FINALLY launches

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/21/noctis-will-come-dissidia-final-fantasy-final-fantasy-xv/

I'm sure he'll be an awesome character to play as, especially with his Phantom Swords.

Um... that doesn't say he WILL come. It just says he MAY come.

Also, the article basically confirms no non-Final Fantasy characters, which is fine. There's still tons of characters to add from various games.

It's okay Sora, maybe next time. ;-;

Stil want Noel though. I want Zack too but if they're going the 3 characters each game route then ;~;