Awoo.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade/NT (Arcade since 2015, January 2018 for PS4)

Teoskaven

Still waiting to see Noctis,

The dev team already said they will prioritize Nocits' inclusion once FFXV will be released. So if anything, it's just a waiting game for him.

I wonder if any FF Type-0 characters will get any recognition.

I mean if Ramza's getting in, surely the members of Class 0 have some sort of chance, right?

The dev team already said they will prioritize Nocits' inclusion once FFXV will be released. So if anything, it's just a waiting game for him.

I thought all they said is they would "consider" him.

I wonder if any FF Type-0 characters will get any recognition.

I mean if Ramza's getting in, surely the members of Class 0 have some sort of chance, right?

I'm sure there's a lot of characters who could get considered. However, Type-0 is a lot newer and Tactics is a fan favorite spinoff. I wouldn't expect too many spinoff characters. From Type-0 the only real candidate I could see is Ace, though. He is "Number One" after all, and isn't he essentially the main character? I'm not sure, I always thought he was. But he also uses cards as his weapon, something that's not in Dissidia at all yet.

Setzer is the other candidate for cards, but I think Ace is more likely. Setzer would probably get overshadowed by either Edgar or Locke.

Speaking of Ramza, I think we could get Delita alongside Ramza. Also, maybe for a bit of a longshot, Crono? Technically not FF, but I think he's probably more likely than KH characters.

I thought all they said is they would "consider" him.

Just as they said they will "consider" making a PS4 port of the arcade version. True, they already confirmed they want the arcade version to live at least one year (probably so they can add more content), but considering all factors, it's a guaranteed factors. The same so applies for Noctis: you can bet everything Square will not let such an easy chance of promoting FFXV like putting it's main face in such a fanservicefest that's been loved by the fans.

I mean, they spent the last 5 fucking years doing this with Lightning and before that they were doing it with Cloud. They're not new to this.

Yeah, I saw it. I was at least hoping they'd show off Ramza in gameplay or something. The game looks great, though, and it was a really good trailer, even though they didn't really show off anything new.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posting the remaining trailers for the rest of the cast (and also the remixed tracks they got):

*Cecil (The Final Battle)

*Bartz (Battle 2)

*Terra (Dancing Mad phase 4)

*Cloud (Let the Battles Begin)

*Squall (The Extreme)

*Zidane (The Darkness of Eternity)

*Tidus (Fight with Seymour)

*Shantotto (Awakening)

*Vaan (Flash of Steel)

*Lightning (Eden Under Siege)

*Y'shtola (Torn from the Heavens)

Also, here are two new sneak peeks: one showing how the remixes are made (also confirming a full-blown orchestral/choir remix of Cantata Mortis/God in Fire), and a teaser of how Ramza will look in the game once he will be added.

So in Bartz they clearly show him weapon switching, same for Onion Knight class switching...

All things considered, I think they're planning on adding a XII character. Didn't Vaan weapon switch before as well? Because it looks like his primary gimmick now is using his Quickenings during his main moveset. I think we could be getting Ashe, or perhaps Balthier, but I'd bet on Ashe first. Balthier's primary thing is using guns, but Ashe could bring in Bombs based on her XII Revenant Wings style. And use katanas or something.

Basch is so similar to Gabranth there's not much reason to include both of them, just keep Gabranth's Basch costume (maybe even give him one based on Basch's final design).

• 3 weeks later...

Small news: there's going to be a live tournament on December 15 at 11:30 AM (i'm assuming it's Japan time).

While it's not specified at all, there may be new announcements during an event like this (it's a common thing for fighting games to get news on updates on tournaments); we'll see.

Double post, but with more news.

First, the stream didn't brought anything new aside from a balance list for all the characters (the feedback is extremely positive so far, as expect; Team Ninja is notorious for balancing fairly the DoA games).

However, there's going to be another stream in aproximately 60-63 hours from now (so, on Monday 21 circa), and it seems it will be about the campaign mode. Here's the link to it:

• Thumbs Up 1

I still want Noel. >:^)

Is the campaign mode for the PS4 or is there one for the Arcade version?

• 1 month later...

Alright, update: Ramza model plus some screenshots have been revealed, and there will be a stream showcasing him on February 3.

ss1-b.jpg

ss2-b.jpg

ss3-b.jpg

You can see his profile on the official site here.

The FFT remixed track that goes along with him is Trisection (at least so far), wich is good enough to me. I can't wait to see more.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ah Ramza my dear chap,  good to see ya Bishōnen as ever. 

Well I guess since we couldn't get Isaac in Smash, we can have him in this game instead!

• Thumbs Up 4

Hm, I can't help but wonder what the chances are of having Marche (from FF Tactics Advance) appear in this game. Is he still too controversial to consider?

26 minutes ago, Christmas Idol Luka said:

Well I guess since we couldn't get Isaac in Smash, we can have him in this game instead!

That's what I was thinking lol. He looks an awful lot like Isaac here rofl.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Komodin said:

Hm, I can't help but wonder what the chances are of having Marche (from FF Tactics Advance) appear in this game. Is he still too controversial to consider?

How is he controversial?

10 hours ago, Komodin said:

I don't get it.  What's exactly controversial about him?

On 1/30/2016 at 7:58 PM, AdventChild said:

How is he controversial?

On 1/30/2016 at 0:26 AM, Omega Pipe said:

I don't get it.  What's exactly controversial about him?

From what I can remember, the controversy with him involves his trying to restore his world from its forced dreamlike state, even though his friends and acquaintances aren't necessarily down with it.

I feel like Marche's chances are diminished because of Ramza taking the role of the series icon since he was in the first game.

I'm sure it's nothing against Marche personally, but Ramza is a lot more recognizable than Marche, or Luso for that matter (Protag of FFTA2).