Awoo.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade/NT (Arcade since 2015, January 2018 for PS4)

Teoskaven

2 hours ago, Estinienskaven said:

Here's Ace full trailer:

Anyone who played Type-0 that can recognize his skills?

But yeah, he's the September update: basically, Square held a contest using Spiritus and Materia and the side that won was allowed to try Ace before release.

The next character is gonna be revealed though... in November, and the October update doesn't look that promising because it will mainly consist in a rework of the FFXIII stage (it was considered too clunky in competitive play so they had to remove it from there). Hopefully they'll throw some extra like new weapon skins or a new summon, because the pace is getting slow again.

When was the pace ever fast?

The summer period: we got 3 character announcements almost in a row (not counting Spiritus and Materia), plus a new stage a batch of full-different outfits. For a 3-month period of work, it's relatively fast. I guess they should have saved the big announcemets of the end of August conference for now.

Nomura confirmed Sora won't be in. Well, can't say I'm surprised, but still, I've gotta wonder if it's because Disney said no, or if they just didn't consider him. Just kinda sucks that kh is the one square franchise that apparently can never get love outside its own series.:/ (*under his breath*: Though he didn't say anything about Riku)

On 9/28/2016 at 2:19 AM, KHCast said:

Nomura confirmed Sora won't be in. Well, can't say I'm surprised, but still, I've gotta wonder if it's because Disney said no, or if they just didn't consider him. Just kinda sucks that kh is the one square franchise that apparently can never get love outside its own series.:/ (*under his breath*: Though he didn't say anything about Riku)

The fact that its always KH, and the fact that KH even got referenced in Disney Infinity, leads to believe it is Disney.

Tbh, I'd be surprised if we didn't get Agnes in Dissidia later. Bravely Default is basically Final Fantasy.

That, a dragon quest character, or TWEWY character wouldn't surprise me.

Though like I said, Nomura seemed very picky about his words. He specifically said Sora wouldn't be in. Didn't say Kingdom Hearts couldn't be in. I mean maybe Sora couldn't get in because Disney was asking for too much for him, or his keychain for the kingdom key. Riku or a different kh character may be much less costly to use(much like why bowser was in WiR). Riku, Aqua, Terra, Ven, or hell Lea even would be interesting picks that could avoid things like Sora has with his keychain. 

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

That, a dragon quest character, or TWEWY character wouldn't surprise me.

Though like I said, Nomura seemed very picky about his words. He specifically said Sora wouldn't be in. Didn't say Kingdom Hearts couldn't be in. I mean maybe Sora couldn't get in because Disney was asking for too much for him, or his keychain for the kingdom key. Riku or a different kh character may be much less costly to use(much like why bowser was in WiR). Riku, Aqua, Terra, Ven, or hell Lea even would be interesting picks that could avoid things like Sora has with his keychain. 

I'd say you're just grasping at straws tbh. If we got any KH character, it would be Sora. There's no reason to bring up anyone else because Sora would be the first included. If we can't get Sora, its incredibly unlikely we'd be getting anyone else.

Dragon Quest or TWEWY I think are also long shots, but probably have more of a chance. Though I think if we got any non-FF character, the first would be Crono.

Regardless, though, I'd still say we probably won't get anyone that isn't from an FF or FF spinoff game (Bravely Default is an FF spinoff).

I don't see why it'd NEED to be Sora imo. Riku and Aqua are probably almost as iconic at this point with Aqua being essentially the main character of 2 of the KH games and Riku being the secondary main character next to Sora of the whole franchise. If Disney were to go "you can't use Sora, but you can use one of the other characters", or if Sora was simply just too expensive to get compared to the others, I don't see why square wouldn't at least take that up. I doubt people will go "Riku? Who's that?" It's better than nothing. Though again, it's a what if scenerio. Perhaps in wrong, but I'm remaining optimistic. Again, companies have said things like "it won't happen" in the past for it to later down the line, end up happening, so who knows.

On 28/9/2016 at 9:19 AM, KHCast said:

Nomura confirmed Sora won't be in.

Source? That's because i've heard that and the fact that one of the directors (Takeo Kujiraoka) confirmed again the future inclusion of FFXV character/s once the game will be released; however i can't find a proper article that states that.

• 1 month later...

Alright, new content time. While the October update served only to fix the FFXIII stage (apparently it was a mess in competitive tournaments or something), the one of this months brings a lot of new stuff:

*First, Ace's alternate outfit. As like the other characters, he has 2 palette swaps and one full different costume, all based on Type 0's original or HD version (the alternate costume is Class 0's summer uniform):

Spoiler

14938278_10154807506832125_1711311322169127107_n.jpg

14962579_10154807506817125_7548828562813659411_n.jpg

*Second of all, moar weapon skins for everyone! Ace and Seph get only one since they're the most recently revealed character, but i'm confident we'll see more in the future. And once again, the details of these weapons is amaginz, we get stuff like the Sargatanas for Zidane or the Ice Equipment for the Warrior of Light:

Spoiler

CwqVy7DUcAAakNc.jpg

CwqWB_sUkAES7uH.jpg

CwqWNhuUUAERmUz.jpg

CwqWkEzUcAALoHg.jpg

CwqWoagUcAAJdkk.jpg

CwqWuGBUkAALQDC.jpg

CwqW1kkVQAErXTN.jpg

*Third, new character. Once again, a returning villain, and in this case, it's everyone favourite mama's boy, Sephiroth:

And here's his moveset:

With this, we have back 3 of the 11 villains of the first game (12 counting Gilgamesh in 012). It's still a long road ahead.

Next update is scheduled supposedly for December 8. In the meantime, there seem to be more news for Opera Omnia too, in case i'll post them here too.

He was probably chosen now due to popularity (Garland was first due to symbolism and Kefka due to the fact that Japan doesn't like him that much so they wanted to get him out of the way, so Seph was the logical next step); for all we know, he could have been replaced by Exdeath or Kuja and be revelaed in an update months from now.

Anyway, there are news for Dissidia: Opera Omnia. You want me to use this thread or to create a new one entirely?

• 1 month later...

The December update brings forth a new stage, this time from FFXII: it's Rabanastre, more specifically, the plaza in front of the cathedral were Ashe and Rasler get married at the beginning of the game.

Next update should be at the beginning of January, so not too far from now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, I'm wondering if World of Final Fantasy has a chance at representation. Reynn or Lann would be interesting to see in action, especially if they somehow integrated the chibi form somehow. As for a location, I'd guess the main plaza hub area would make sense the most, since most of the other notable locales are just places from other FF games. And I just want remixes of some of the music from that game! 

I was discussing with the people of the Dissidiaforums community reguarding this: when it comes to the main FF spin-offs, while there are characters who conquered popularity against all odds (Benjamin, Tyro or Rain for example) and would visually fit in Dissidia, the struggle comes in finding a moveset that brings something original to the table and it's not too redundant. Ramza is about buffing with Shout and throwing rocks at people, and Ace has the advantage of being the only Gambler in the game so far.

With Reynn or Lann, what could be the original mechanic? Summoning? We don't know if this can work or not, Yuna hasn't come back yet and no other character has similar abilities. I could se the shifting from normal design to chibi to have different attacks or avoid enemy moves, but i don't know if it can be enough.

Besides, there are still yet so many veterans to bring back.

Speaking of wich, a recent interview confirmed that at least for now, The Emperor and the Cloud of Darkness are not being worked on; basically, for the next potential villain, expect Exdeath, Kuja or Jecht.

Would be interesting if there was a way for the two to switch off during the fight, sharing one slot. That could perhaps solve the issue of what they bring to the table. Chibi forms and perhaps for Reynn a more magic/defensive focus, and with Lann more offensive. Not to mention Lann's robot arm thing seems to have potential to have multiple interesting moves. Tama possibly can be integrated as well somehow. Maybe when they go chibi, they're stacked with a random enemy and for a super move or whatever, they do a mega summon together.(like maybe Bahamut)

4 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

I was discussing with the people of the Dissidiaforums community reguarding this: when it comes to the main FF spin-offs, while there are characters who conquered popularity against all odds (Benjamin, Tyro or Rain for example) and would visually fit in Dissidia, the struggle comes in finding a moveset that brings something original to the table and it's not too redundant. Ramza is about buffing with Shout and throwing rocks at people, and Ace has the advantage of being the only Gambler in the game so far.

With Reynn or Lann, what could be the original mechanic? Summoning? We don't know if this can work or not, Yuna hasn't come back yet and no other character has similar abilities. I could se the shifting from normal design to chibi to have different attacks or avoid enemy moves, but i don't know if it can be enough.

Besides, there are still yet so many veterans to bring back.

Speaking of wich, a recent interview confirmed that at least for now, The Emperor and the Cloud of Darkness are not being worked on; basically, for the next potential villain, expect Exdeath, Kuja or Jecht.

Why not Golbez? Tbh, I think he's probably more likely than the ones you mentioned above. After Golbez I'd argue Kuja. Maybe Gilgamesh but they'd probably aim for the main villains first.

Is this thing ever coming to consoles?

Rumors had a port was supposed to be announced at the PlayStation experience, but due to FFXV delay that got delayed as well. I personally don't believe it that much since we're still far away from a complete game.

As for the next character, usually they are chosen from a chapter that has already a stage (the only exception aside from Ramza and Ace being Kain so far), and in terms of popularity, the three i mentioned are the most likely to be seen in the future; but who knows, they already pulled a twist announcing Kefka out of nowhere, so maybe the next one will be Gabranth or Tifa.

• 3 weeks later...

Our next returning veteran got revealed, and as i suspected, it's Kuja:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/dissidia-final-fantasy-console-will-story-mode-enhancements

To make a long story short, a PS4 version is in the works, but Hamaza didn't wanted to present it at the 30th anniversary event because it's still in its early state (they don't even know what engine would be the best to use) and mostly because they want to implement a story mode in it. The arcade version will keep getting support regularly (in fact, the next announcement should be soon enough) and everything will be transferred in the console port in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

For the February update we have a new stage, this time from Final Fantasy II.

And apparently, since it seems they can't think of anything else from that game, it's another floor of Castle Pandemonium.

Don't get me wrong, i like it, but come on, were all the other choices impossible? How about the Altair Rebel Camp with the Cyclone as transition?

Anyway, for those who need a recap, from the main series (a.k.a. excluding Tactics and Type-0) now we're missing stages from III, IV, VIII and XI, so we're close to fill in the quota on that front.

EDIT: Also, Sephiroth is getting his Kingdom Hearts appearance as an alternate costume:

.eJwVzMENwyAMAMBdGADbuJAo2yCCCFWoEXZfVXe

• 3 weeks later...

Uh. Wasn't expecting him this soon, especially since a couple of months ago, the devs said they were having difficulty in implementing him and Cloud of Darkness. I guess it's better this way.

Also, Kuja's alternate costume got revelaed (with new weapon included), based on an Amano artwork of him as a Treno nobleman:

C6UIObGUsAEzz2W.jpg

C6UIZGBUwAAjUK0.jpg

On 2/14/2017 at 5:45 AM, Teoskaven said:

EDIT: Also, Sephiroth is getting his Kingdom Hearts appearance as an alternate costume:

.eJwVzMENwyAMAMBdGADbuJAo2yCCCFWoEXZfVXe

Well guess this can also give us a glimpse at how the KH3 designs for the FF characters will look lol.

• 1 month later...

This month's update is our next summon (almost a year after Alexander): Bahamut.