Awoo.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade/NT (Arcade since 2015, January 2018 for PS4)

Teoskaven

They already said they're working on the console port (specifically integrating the story mode), so it's just a matter of time. We'll probably get something more official either at E3 or at TGS this year.

Also, palette swaps and weapon skin for the Emperor:

58f5f467c09d6.jpg

58f5f467af094.jpg

The devs also said that for the rest of the year, all the added characters will be villains, so expect the missing Chaos veterans and potential newcomers from missing positions (mainly XI, XIII and XIV).

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

The next veteran that marks his return is Exdeath, and surprisingly, he's not anymore the annoying parry master as he was in the original games:

Also, new weapon skin and costume for The Emperor (based on the PSP intro FMV):

18422797_10155450411542125_8737906036265

18359355_10155450411517125_2656185582920

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to the console port, today's stream revealed the next stage, the Floating Continent of FFIII (with the Crystal Tower in the background):

Also, palette swaps and weapon skin for Exdeath:

DBts2j-V0AAP8bT.jpg

DBttQfIU0AE2d1o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The next arena is the Lunar Subterrean from FFIV, basically a more detailed version of the stage of the previous games.
Reminder that with this, the only mainline games who still need a stage are only VIII and XI.

In addition, here are Exdeath's alternate costume (based on his EX mode from previous games):

unknown.png

And this is another weapon skin for him:

unknown.png

9 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

The next arena is the Lunar Subterrean from FFIV, basically a more detailed version of the stage of the previous games.
Reminder that with this, the only mainline games who still need a stage are only VIII and XI.

In addition, here are Exdeath's alternate costume (based on his EX mode from previous games):

unknown.png

And this is another weapon skin for him:

unknown.png

For VIII I kinda hope we get Balamb Garden. I know nothing of XI and can't comment on that.

My guess for XV (not coming until console/Noctis) is honestly pretty obvious, and most likely going to be Insomnia.

For XIV it'd have to be Nael, Gaius, or Zenos. Zenos fits the chaos bill the best, he's basically a mad dog. I don't see Ascians happening.

• 4 weeks later...

We have our next character returning, the winner of the Father of the Year award, Jecht:

Surprisingly enough, he's a Speed type character, and his EX Skill is the ability to cancel combos into other attacks at will: that's broken as fuck, i can't wait to see the nerfs in the next update.
The next announcement is supposedly on the 26 of this month and the next character to be revealed is gonna be female. This hints towards Cloud of Darkness.

Yeah sounds like Cloud of Darkness. Is Ultimecia in yet?

I'm glad they're finally revealing characters at a much quicker pace. Let's at least get all the old Dissidia characters in so we can move on to new characters.

15 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Yeah sounds like Cloud of Darkness. Is Ultimecia in yet?

Nope, but they're prioritizing characters of a game that has already a stage in it; FFVIII is currently one of the few remaining that doesn't have one, so i guess they'll wait before announcing her.

We got some release dates, people: Januray 11 for Japan and January 30 for America (no news for Europe yet, but i guess it'll be close to the american release).
If you preorder the game before the 20th of August you'll get a beta key, so try it if you're interested.

Other than the base game there are:
-The Digital Day One Edition and the Digital Deluxe Edition (both include the main game, some tracks of the soundtrack and a helmless costume for the Warrior of Light; the Deluxe Edition also has the Season Pass, detailed below)
-The Steelbook Brawler Edtion, wich has the main game and a steelbook selected randomly between three (lmao)
-The Ultimate Collector's Edition, wich other than the main game includes:
*2 additional weapon skins (Garland's classic weapon and Cloud's Nail Bat)
*An 8.25 inch Warrior of Light bust
*An hardcover 80 page artbook including sketches and artwork from DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT
*Official soundtrack with 15 tracks selected from the DISSIDIA series and newly recorded music
*Exclusive Ultimate Collector’s Steelbook
* Traditional Season Pass wich includes:

• 6 additional playable characters (includes standard costume and weapon)
  • Color variation of the costumes for the 6 characters mentioned above (2 each)
  • Additional weapons for the 6 characters mentioned above (2 each)

I am so tempted to preorder this last one, you have no idea.

My concern is that the "6 additional playable characters" are the villains that haven't been announced yet. My hope is that it contains everyone from Dissidia innately and these are never-before-seen characters.

So far, we're still missing 8 characters:

• Cloud of Darkness
  • Golbez
  • Gilgamesh
  • Tifa
  • Ultimecia
  • Laguna
  • Yuna
  • Prishe
  • Gabranth

A few of these at least will be announced before launch. I believe in the teaser we saw silhouettes of what appeared to be Cloud of Darkness, Golbez, Ultimecia, and Jecht (announced). Them and Gabranth would at least cover all of the original Dissidia's characters.

Technically there's also Feral Chaos, but we probably won't see Feral Chaos at all.

Theoretically, that means not all of those 6 characters are returning ones. But most of them likely would be.

• 3 weeks later...

Our next returning veteran is another who has not yet a proper stage: the witch with terrible clothes fashion design, Ultimecia.

In addition, there are palette swaps and a weapon skin for Jecht:

DI9Pg6mUwAAIlr7.jpg

DI9PzzqVAAAMFAC.jpg:large

Well with one reveal per month, we're looking at getting Cloud of Darkness, Golbez, and Gabranth by the end of the year. Enough to fill out the original Dissidia roster.

5 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Our next returning veteran is another who has not yet a proper stage: the witch with terrible clothes fashion design, Ultimecia.

But she's a sorceress, not a witch. Get it right!

EDIT: Speaking of which... **spoilers for FF8**

Spoiler

Sorceress Rinoa when?

• 2 weeks later...

New trailer from Sony's TGS conference. New stuff shown include:
*refined HUD, less intrusive giving more view of what's going on
*Lightning using her Equilibrium costume from Lightning Returns
*2 new modes, one where you need to destroy the enemy crystal and one that functions like a mob raid in an MMO, against one of the summons
*sneak peek at Noctis

21762245_10155948913552125_2605293360857

Square has just released an image showcasing the characters who will be in the console version at launch.
The good news is that both Cloud of Darkness and Golbez are in, although with placeholders until their official trailers.
The bad news is that there's no Gabranth, so the last months will probably be spent on the VIII and XI stages. Oh well, at least it's still a pretty solid launch roster for me.

Edit:

21686174_10155948943557125_2238732381676

Here are the modes (presumibly other than story mode):
- 3 vs 3 (Ranked Match)
- Non-class Match
- Private Match (player-chosen rules)
- Summon Battle
- Mission Mode (against CPU)
- Training

Huh, so we're missing out on one character from the original Dissidia prior to launch? That's really weird.

Still also missing:

• Gilgamesh
  • Tifa (really surprised she's not in at launch tbh)
  • Laguna
  • Yuna
  • Prishe

That's a total of 6 missing existing characters, unless I'm miscounting here.

Yeah; i kinda suspsect that those will be the ones included in the season pass. Although i'm still thinking that due to how summons work in this new game, Yuna will have to be either reworked entirely or scrapped for someone else like Auron.
Anyway, a bit more of Noctis (starts at the 30 second mark):

Our next veteran is the Cloud of Darkness. She seems to be fine, some of the particle beam attacks have been reconverted into bravery attacks.

Also, Jecht has an alt based on his original appearance in FFX (just like Tidus has) and a new weapon skin:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Ultimecia instead gets two palette swaps and a weapon skin of her own:

unknown.pngunknown.png

• 1 month later...

Due to the console version approaching fast, the next update is a bit bigger than the previous ones.
First, our final returning veteran, the medieval Darth Vader called Golbez:

He has been practically revamped, now has a lot more magic attacks and is dependant on his shadow dragon, wich can be KOd if you're not careful. His EX skill is Binding Cold, and has an absurdly fast recovery time, i'm expecting it to be nerfed.

But that's not all, this month we have a character + stage combo. Specficially, it's time to see the FFXI stage, based on the Celestial Nexus of Tu'Lia, of the Rise of the Zilart expansion:

To complement everything, some cosume updates. First, Ultimecia gets a new weapon skin (gold-colored) and a proper alternate cosume based on Edea, like in 012:
DOBvLEbVAAExmQs.jpg:large

And finally, Cloud of Darkness gets her palette swaps and a weapon skin, wich is... ehm... flowers?

DOBvbTgX4AAgEH5.jpg:large  DOBvqrZXkAA0RGO.jpg:large

Supposedly next month we will get the FFVIII stage and the remaining costumes/palette swaps/weapon skins for CoD and Golbez, just in time for the console release.

So I guess that's everyone, then? All the original Dissidia cast members now save for Gabranth oddly enough. Still leaves Gilgamesh, Tifa, Laguna, Yuna, and Prishe as well.

I really want to see Edgar and Ashe also, even though I know that Balthier is far more likely than Ashe.