Awoo.

Marvel's Netflix Universe |Daredevil Season 2 - March 18th

Wraith

Similar to their big budget Marvel Cinematic Universe series, Marvel is launching a series of TV shows based around smaller scale heroes for Netflix eventually leading to a team up thingy called "The Defenders" if all goes well. It's all set in the same continuity as the MCU, so we should see some major stuff from the movies effect these shows like we saw in Agents of Shield

Here are the shows in the lineup:

DAREDEVIL

Season 1

"....And it's a beautiful crime.."

daredevil-poster.jpg?w=620&h=954

Release Date: April 10

Trailer

Matt Murdock, born blind, is trained from his youth to heighten his other senses to the peak of human condition. Using his skills, he decides to defend New York City by night while also working as a lawyer by day.

Season 2: Daredevil vs The Punisher

Trailer:

JESSICA JONES

"It's time the world knew her name."

HsvRiT4.jpg

Release date: November 20th

Former superhero Jessica Jones retires from being a superhero after an accident that leaves her with PTSD. Eventually, she takes over the role of a Private Investigator to help other individuals with superpowers. When a terrifying figure from her past appears to terrorize Hell's Kitchen, Jessica must come to terms with herself and her past in order to fix things. 

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHUjuJ8zxE 

LUKE CAGE

Luke Cage will make an appearence in Jessica Jones before starring in his own series in 2015

Release date: 2016

IRON FIST

Release date: N/A

So...yeah. Interesting stuff. I'm excited to see where this goes. Especially when it comes to Daredevil. I wasn't very interested at first but the reviews have been nothing but good news. Hope the other shows turn out well too.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is a lot better than my topic. Thanks. I got a mod to close the other topic. I could've done a lot better with that other one.

They still haven't announced Iron Fist casting yet at least from what I can see. Anyone have actors they want to see as Iron Fist?

Daredevil looks fantastic. Really stoked to see the more grounded, darker, street-level vigilante side of the MCU. Reviews all sound great, i hearing the fight scenes apparently have a Raid-style approach to them, which if true, sounds like the best thing ever. And of course i'm interested in the other shows as well and can't wait to see how they eventually tie in and become the Defenders. Wondering if they'll drop in Infinity Wars too as backup perhaps.

• Thumbs Up 3

Note, it has been announced that Kristin Ritter is playing Jessica Jones, and Mike Colter is Powerman Luke Cage(and will be appearing in AKA Jessica Jones), oh and David Tennant is playing Zebadiah Kilgrave, better known as The Purpleman

I'm watching this now and I can say it's easily the best comic book TV show on right now, low bar I know, but still.

Also, a reminder all these shows are actually shot(or will be shot) in New York City itself, not a doppelganger like Vancouver

Right. So Wilson Fisk has just dethroned Reverse Flash for most intimidating comic book TV villain.

Got through a good chunk of this today. It's a tad slow, but the great characters make it a fun watch. Not to mention the fight scenes are top notch. Episode 2 was probably my favorite of the bunch by far. The fight at the end was fucking amazing.

Will be binging Daredevil later today. I'm excited, I haven't really being keeping up with promotional material but the general reception has been really positive so far. 

I love how, as awesome as it is, the whole fight despite the apparent mood is so incredibly slapstick in many ways. The part where that mook coming over to the broken door wondering what the hell is going on only to get hit in the face with the microwave and just falls over was hilarious. The rest of my amusement was mainly Daredevil fumbling about exausted for most of the scene only to start kicking ass the moment any of the goons so much as tries to touch him.

I love how, as awesome as it is, the whole fight despite the apparent mood is so incredibly slapstick in many ways. The part where that mook coming over to the broken door wondering what the hell is going on only to get hit in the face with the microwave and just falls over was hilarious. The rest of my amusement was mainly Daredevil fumbling about exausted for most of the scene only to start kicking ass the moment any of the goons so much as tries to touch him.

Yeah, it's an homage to Oldboy. The Daredevil fight is even one of the results for "Oldboy fight scene" on YouTube now.

https://youtu.be/hmWo7m3zhZs

I'm genuinely shocked that this is in a Marvel show, it's so far out of left field for them.

One thing that I really like about this show is how, despite how the characters are usually mowing down grunts in the movies, Daredevil struggles when he's surrounded by more than a few street thugs. It really shows how much more vulnerable and human he is compared to them. Despite his heightened senses, he's no Captain America. He's still just a guy.

Yeah, Daredevil feels extremely grounded compared to other superheroes in the MCU. Really great fight scenes and characters so far, my only gripe is with pretty predictable and boring relationships that are being developed. It might change up when I finish the show since I'm just on Episode 7 but eh.

jesus christ that episode 4 ending 

is this a marvel superhero show or live action hotline miami i cant tell

Why the fuck aren't more people talking about this on here. I thought you nerds liked Marvel.

Just finished ep 8.

"KEEP KICKING HIM! KEEP KICKING HIM! KEEP KICKING HIM!"

... legit shook

I must say, I do like how the main characters of the show are the main hero and the main bad guy, both receiving the same ammount of development, it really builds up their fight and shows how similar they are in a lot of ways.

Finished the season already, this show is fucking beautiful, tho' I wonder how they'll throw in supernatural elements here, since that was teased in episode 7.

I just started watch this and holy shit, I'm already hooked! Both the characters and the fight scenes are fantastic! It easy to see why thre reviews have been so good so far and it looks like Netflix may have another winner here!

I didn't wanna post until i was completely done, i'm on 9, but fuck i'm gonna gush anyways. This show is fantastic, really mature and grounded with some great acting and insane production values. These fucking fight scenes i swear i've never seen any choreography this good on a television program. Kingpin is bar none, the best villain the Marvel Cinematic Universe has ever had. I love how complex he is, and he's an extremely fleshed out and awesome character. Wanna see this version of Fisk take on Spidey already dammit.

It's really hard to imagine this show's Daredevil eating schawarma with the happy go lucky quip boiz.

Daredevil has been known to do dark and lighthearted at different times quite well in his own comics, to be fair. Alternatively, have him share scenes with Spidey, who in the right hands does a fantastic job at breaking up the tension with quips, such as during Bendis' Daredevil run where Matt teams up with multiple other street-level heroes to take down the Yakuza. and Spidey just ends up not taking the whole thing seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well lookie who's getting a new season, next year nonetheless!

http://screenrant.com/daredevil-netflix-season-2-2016-marvel/

New showrunners though

Netflix made the official announcement via press release:

•Netflix is confirming a second season of Marvel’s Daredevil that will premiere in 2016.

•Doug Petrie (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, American Horror Story) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy), who worked closely with Steven DeKnight and Drew Goddard, will serve as show runners for season two.

•Ramirez, Petrie, Drew Goddard (Cabin in the Woods) and Jeph Loeb (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) are executive producers.

•Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix

Apparently Deknight isn't the showrunner due to schedule conflicts.

You know whats the thing that has me most excited about season 2 of Daredevil? the fact that with the classic suit, and its creator it means that we can get  Gladiator and Stiltman next season!!!!! Yes they are both supervillians that work with tech, and blueprints and prototypes for both were shown in the workshop