Awoo.

Marvel's Netflix Universe |Daredevil Season 2 - March 18th

Wraith

Oh dear god no not fucking Stiltman

Keep this shit grounded, that's why it's good in the first place

How is an advanced tech elevator legs, in a universe with repulsor blasts and hulks, alien 'gods' not grounded? heck its more likely than any of those, its just an advanced hydraulics and stabilization system that is almost possible with modern tech. Nothing wrong with a villain like that in NYC with tons of tall big buildings and stuff to steal from, and people to reach. And the legs already exist, we saw them

I think the Stillman thing was mostly just a reference and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Even if he did show up, they'd probably ground the shit out of him anyways. A guy with strong metal legs doesn't seem too out of place in the show with the magic kung fu grandma

@Sami, in an interview, both Charlie Cox and D'Onfario said they wanted to see Stiltman in season two.

Also, ya they would ground it, basic concept of Stiltman makes sense. First season of Daredevil, you have to establish the criminal element and a mystical element, then after Daredevil is perceived as a threat, the Criminal element starts paying to hire and develop superminions. In the origin no super minions make sense, but as more street level heroes appear, more super minions appear to fight them, and some of them go hero. Both Stiltman and Gladiator are suit based cases that have everything set up to appear, including the latter already appearing in the series pre-suiting up. Its not like I'm talking about I don't know, Impossibleman or hey a mystic ninja(which he already did :P ). Superminions are a staple of the Daredevil world as much as Ninjas and mystics, and they have a tendency for bouncing back

I think the Stillman thing was mostly just a reference and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Even if he did show up, they'd probably ground the shit out of him anyways. A guy with strong metal legs doesn't seem too out of place in the show with the magic kung fu grandma

Metal legs sure, if we're talking Winter Soldier or Anakin Skywalker type prosthetics. Not giant elevator legs or whatever.

Well.... there was easter eggs (and one of the epsidoes) that lead to the Defenders (which are known to fight things not of this earth or at least average)in this first season indicated that it was not going to stay grounded for long.

Plus, I trust them to not take it over the top and not make it corny.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean whatever man, I don't give a shit about MCU as a whole, I just like Daredevil. Defenders can be about magical rainbows and unicorns fighting space aliens from the planet's core for all I care so long Daredevil is still Daredevil.

edit - Honestly I'd be more than cool with Daredevil never interacting with the rest of the MCU, let them do their own dumb comic book shit and keep DD out of it. 

Swear to god if he becomes the new Black Widow or some shit in the movies I'm gonna get an ulcer

edit - Honestly I'd be more than cool with Daredevil never interacting with the rest of the MCU, let them do their own dumb comic book shit and keep DD out of it. 

Swear to god if he becomes the new Black Widow or some shit in the movies I'm gonna get an ulcer

Him and these other Defender guys are already rumored to appear in Avengers 3 (which would make sense since that's supposed to be the ULTIMATE END OF EVERYTHING as far as the MCU goes) So uh...yeah. Good luck with that

Him and these other Defender guys are already rumored to appear in Avengers 3 (which would make sense since that's supposed to be the ULTIMATE END OF EVERYTHING as far as the MCU goes) So uh...yeah. Good luck with that

usN9w.gif

today is a bad day

Having a version of Stilt Man show up as just a joke, would be amazing. but literally having him as an actual threat, something that i don't think has actually been done in decades, lmao get out. Would be totally down and ready for them to bring in Elektra and Bullseye though  i can't imagine those two not being in. Really want the Punisher in the MCU now, if Marvel could go ahead and greenlit a series of him now please, man if the previous showrunner was working on that would be legit. Ready for season 2 already nonetheless. I do also honestly like the more grounded tone of this show, and I kinda want them to not take things too far, the mystical stuff that's already been implied i'm totally fine with tho. I don't really know if the Defenders will ever truly interact with the rest of the MCU ,although a cameo in the background of Infinity Wars i totally see. Oh but I would really love a Spidey interaction or two to happen, and again, having the Kingpin having a role in a spooderman movie would be great.

4499520-8086025530-Dared.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I know Stiltman is a bit of joke, but the thing to consider is this is a new world, you've had heroes and villains on the large scale, and Daredevil has introduced that on a small scale. Organized crime now has superhero threats to deal with, and they have to respond in kind, and as of right now, we have one individual capable of creating tech based superminions: Melvin Potter aka the Gladiator, who has also designed the stiltman suit. It's always been a feasible idea that just isn't very effective, but if Crimelords want all the minions they can get, they'll take all they can, and that includes Stilts, without starting down the path to supers(yet)

I just recently finished the first season and that was one of the best Marvel-related TV series I've seen so far! While it does get pretty violent, the acting is incredible and it's no surprise that we'll be getting a second season come next year.

Apparently Deknight isn't the showrunner due to schedule conflicts.

You know whats the thing that has me most excited about season 2 of Daredevil? the fact that with the classic suit, and its creator it means that we can get Gladiator and Stiltman next season!!!!! Yes they are both supervillians that work with tech, and blueprints and prototypes for both were shown in the workshop

You think you want Stiltman in this, but you really don't want this. a jobber like Stiltman should be reserved for rookie heroes to face off against like a tutorial boss for Ms. Marvel or something.

Excuse you actually none of that dumb comic book shit was in Daredevil. 

THIS is Daredevil. Not fucking "repulsor blasts" and "alien gods" and "advanced tech elevator legs" (whatever the fuck that even means).

On the topic of "Dumb Comic Book Shit"

Spoilers for the show

You do know that the red ninja is a member of The Hand right? A mystical mega crime ninja syndicate? And old madame Gao? She comes from K'un-Lun, a hidden magical city in the Tibetan mountains where people harness their Chi and pay tribute to an undying dragon.

Dumb comic shit was in there already.

I just recently finished the first season and that was one of the best Marvel-related TV series I've seen so far!

I'm curious what your other favorites are. Cause for me it's basically just this and Carter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh I'm not bothered by chi. That's actual real life mythology shit. So long it's presented seriously and people aren't just shrugging off magic that's fine by me.

Eh I'm not bothered by chi. That's actual real life mythology shit. So long it's presented seriously and people aren't just shrugging off magic that's fine by me.

Chi in the marvel books is usually treated like that universes The Force from the original Star Wars trilogy, so expect something along those lines. In universe it's a natural energy surging within everyone that can be brought out via dedication to martial arts and the blessing of the city's guardian deity.

Chi in the marvel books is usually treated like that universes The Force from the original Star Wars trilogy, so expect something along those lines. In universe it's a natural energy surging within everyone that can be brought out via dedication martial arts and the blessing of the city's guardian deity.

That's basically what it is in Chinese mythology as well. I like that sort of stuff. 

So wait

Are you saying Chi, that stuff that lets Iron Fist punch a glowing impervious fist, Goku power up a kamehameha, and the Avatar to turn into a spinning sphere of elements, you'd be perfectly fine with appearing and playing an intigral part of it all

Yet a man in a robotic suit is too out there to the point where you can't take anything seriously?

<:T

Okay

But seriously, who exactly needs Stiltman of all people to appear in this show?

tumblr_m0pfirLz8T1qd9idgo1_500.jpg

Dude's a complete standup comedy

Chi has a basis in real life and is used in real martial arts and healing. There are of course doubts that it's "real" but there has been a pretty strong following of it and research put into it for hundreds of years. It's because chi supposedly actually exists that it's such a common aspect in fiction in the first place. It's an easy starting point for any creator that wants to expand to bizarre levels on the limits of human potential.

Fiction like Dragon Ball and Avatar obviously exaggerate chi just like JoJo exaggerates willpower into a physical manifestation. Willpower exists, but Stands obviously don't exist even though they are a product of "that stuff". Just because energy flow and chi has a basis in reality doesn't mean Sami is saying he can't wait for glowing balls and laserbeams to come to Matt Murdoch's hands.

Since chi has a history in reality, how energy flow is studied as a legitimate aspect in both martial arts and healing, and full body robot suits don't have a history in reality.. It's pretty obvious which one, at least in this situation, is more "grounded".

Anyway, I saw a couple eps of Daredevil the other day and while it's a bit violent for my tastes I was beyond impressed by the long fight scene in the corridor that was all one cut. No cuts throughout the entire thing. Bloody amazing for American action, you really don't see that kind of thing often at all outside of Asian action.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do have to wonder why you're countering "a man with robot legs is too unrealistic for this world" with "chi" instead of "remember how there was an episode about a weapon who'd destroy everything who was just a kid with implied massive magical powers", people, if you're trying to make this point

anyways I'd be up for Stiltman more of wondering how they'd fit him in with this context. Weren't afraid of killing Ben Urich, so...

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean we didn't even see what the kid could do. I won't lie, I noticed that and was a bit weirded out by it, but as far as I know it could just be an extension of the Chi thing. It was the Yakuza that captured him so perhaps it references some ancient Japanese mythology or practices.

You know what else is an extension of the chi thing in Marvel, at least IIRC

pants9.jpg

Point is, like it or not, Daredevil still happens in the same world where Thor's around and Iron Man's around and Captain America's around. Hell, it's actually important to the plot- the reason these mobs managed to gain so much power over Hell's Kitchen, as explained in the start, is since they controlled reconstruction after, as the kind old Hispanic lady described it, "the sky fell".

You know, this

Iron-Man-Battles-Chitauri-Leviathan-in-T

There's no doubt this kind of comic book nonsense is already part of the show. The question becomes, will they recognize that one of the main reasons this show was so successful was that it's more grounded look at such a fantasious setting made it feel fresh? (and really, it's only grounded by comparison- we're talking a show about a blind guy who can hear and identify a car engine two city blocks away, set in the same rough genre as, say, a sort of Law and Order? You kinda need knowing that the Avengers exist here to let it feel grounded or it just becomes really fantasious too)

And if they'll recognize that what made this popular was the grounded-level, will they

1- keep Daredevil's shows like this, even if otherwise including him in more superhero and cosmic-level stuff like the rumoured appearance in Infinity War Part II?

2- Introduce more famous and important elements from Daredevil's own comics, such as Stiltman or, I dunno, the recent stuff with Coyote, in a way that'll fit the tone, or gradually approximate the tone to that of Marvel's remaining stuff?

Personally, I'm hoping for a grounded outlook on things, even if otherwise bringing in things such as, say, Stlitman. Hell, keep it contained- have Stiltman appear in the same episode as Spider-Man. It'll be the "Black Skies" episode, the "this is where all the weird shit is" episode, for all I care.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know what to tell you dude. Yeah, like it or not they're in the same canon, but the fact is that I really don't have to care. And I really don't. The actual content of the show itself is self-contained and it has a consistent tone that is strikingly different from that of the movies. What happened leading up to these events, or what's happening on the other side of the world in canon, is completely superfluous information to the story of Matt Murdock and Hell's Kitchen. 

There's dumb comic book dragons or whatever in the Daredevil comic I guess, sure, whatever. That's irrelevant to me. I like the show, and I like the tone and setting of the story they told. Suddenly introducing fucking Stilt-Man and other really stupid comic book nonsense in a show about a relatively realistic superhero fighting against gang violence and corrupt politics clashes with what direction the show was going in originally. 

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

1208918979560234341.gif

These two things don't mix. They just don't. It's two completely different styles of film, genre, and action. Diversity is the spice of life, and while it's fun to fangirl over seeing Tony Stark and Peter Parker quip wittily at each other, sacrificing that diversity for the sake of it is shortsighted. 

I don't know shit about comics. I don't want to. Up to this point the only things I knew about Daredevil were that he's blind, he played poker with Spider-Man in the Spider-Man PS1 game, and Kingpin is his main antagonist. All this stuff people are trying to throw at me as "GOTCHA" rug-pulling revelations or whatever didn't even phase me when I watched the show because it's presented in a fitting context that matches the rest of the show's tone. As it stands, nothing is any more out of the ordinary then your typical Asian martial arts film. Even the new Karate Kid had Jackie Chan channel his chi and use some healing herbs to fix the broken kid's leg. To suggest that or the ninja from Daredevil are on the same level as fucking space aliens flying in and wrecking NYC is just silly.

I noticed you don't seem averse to the idea of Spider-Man appearing, though :V

EDIT: I should reinforce anyways that I generally agree with you that the show worked since it as more grounded and relatively isolated (I was a bit sad there wasn't some more exploring of what'd be the realistic sociological effects of a fucking ALIEN INVASION), except while you take that as "please no Stilt-Man", I take it as "please Stilt-Man, I'm curious how you'd make it fit here"