Awoo.

Sonic Team's fear of Sonic Gameplay

Diamond Sonic

Super Sonic is a boring ass reward. Now, concept art and bonus movies?? I can get behind those as red ring rewards

• Thumbs Up 7

Super Sonic meant more as a reward in Sonic Colours, Sonic 4 and Generations because he hadn't been playable in level for years. Now it's more common place so it's lost it's allure. 

I didn't even like it then, in any of those three.

I actually don't even like using Super Sonic much. Never been a fan of constant top speed + invincibility without repercussion, hahaha.. plus, it's kind of a dumb reward whenever you have to practically 100% the game before getting it. If you've had to play the game that much, are you really going to want to play the game again in glowing-and-more-boring mode?

It's best as a reward for completing something completely disconnected from game progression, because it means that skilled players who wanted to go for it could potentially get God Mode only 3 or 4 stages in (or less). It as anything else just seems.. I don't know, not very interesting.

Gonna have to admit to being one of those people that always found Super Sonic more interesting as a story element than a playable thing, lol. I mean, it's neat if it's there, but I really just don't care. lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

Like I said, if Super Sonic is gonna be playable, it would be more interesting to build a few bonus levels around his abilities, especially since they tend to change the controls around a bit anyway. Ridiculous boosting challenges or bosses perhaps? It'd be more fun to actually feel like a powerhouse than to be dropped into levels that are too short and constrained and thus stopping you at every turn.

Or at the very least, just give him to the player after they beat the main campaign versus getting everything instead. Put in his stead concept artwork, developer commentary, animated shorts, or a bonus level or game world.

Maybe a Super Sonic level could theoretically be something along the same lines as a Starman level from Super Mario Bros, where you have to maintain invincibility or risk death.

Maybe a Super Sonic level could theoretically be something along the same lines as a Starman level from Super Mario Bros, where you have to maintain invincibility or risk death.

Maybe I'm just a contrarian, but I don't mind other playstyles as long as they're fun and intuitive.  Big's playstyle, or Knuckles', or Tails', etc. is okay with me.  On the other hand, that fucking billiards level or Silver's dreadful playstyle in general in Sonic 06 was just idiotic and added nothing to an already awful game.