Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

PXZ2-Teaser-PV.jpg

AW HELL YES!

The crazy 3DS RPG team-up crossover thingy is back, and yep, it sounds pretty damn nifty.

The original Project X Zone was a team up RPG between franchises from SEGA, Namco and Capcom, a sequel to the earlier Namco X Capcom game. It gave plenty of underrated franchises like Fighting Vipers representation for the first time in years, and it apparently massively outperformed Namco's western sales expectations.

Surprise surprise, we're getting a sequel, with a subtitle taken from the amazing opening theme of the first game (c'mon, get a remix of it in here, c'mon...)

So yes. As for currently confirmed characters:

• Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 6)
  • Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza: Dead Souls)
  • Majima Goro (Yakuza: Dead Souls)
  • Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
  • Flynn Schifo (Tales of Vesperia)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry series)
  • Vergil (Devil May Cry series)
  • Erica Fontaine (Sakura Wars series)
  • Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Wars series)
  • Jin Kazama (Tekken series)
  • Kazuya Mishima (Tekken series)
  • Mega Man X (Mega Man X series)
  • Zero (Mega Man X series)
  • Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter series)
  • Kage-Maru (Virtua Fighter series)
  • Kite (.hack series)
  • Haseo (.hack//GU series)
  • Hotsuma (Shinobi)
  • Natsu (Soulcalibur V)
  • Strider Hiryu (Strider)

Not too shabby! 

So yeah, quite excited to see where this goes. They've already got Kage from VF, Shinobi and the Yakuza chaps in there, so I'm sorted for now. But c'moooon, Fighting Vipers pleeeeease

Let the action... begin! 

and the complaints about the lack of Sonic, of course. 

ALSO: Considering this was apparently leaked from an event in Milan, I'd say the chances of localisation are pretty high. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Aw my post in the original thread is moot now...oh well

My Shinobi representation has been called for...but KAZUMA KIRIYU FROM YAKUZA IS ALSO IN FCK YEAH. AND HE BROUGHT A FRIEND:

hvIIUFR.png

GET TO THE TOP BIATCHES

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic's not in it, so I'll pass.

loljk, I still haven't purchased the first game, but I tried he demo and it was really awesome. Can't wait for this one! but I still don't recognize half the characters in this, hehe

So, wait, are characters now fighting in different combinations rather than pre-selected couples + assists? If that's the case, that's an improvement.

Plus, the series' selection looks even more accurate this time around, especially from SEGA (though, Namco, why are you still milking from Vesperia? There are other Tales, like, you know, The Abyss, Xillia or Graces): that's good.

I'll keep an eye for future news.

Yeah I need Sonic in this, and also Pac-Man and OG Mega Man for the Smash team-up, this is the only series they can do this in other than Smash now, so why not take huge advantage of this?

Klonoa also needs to be back from Namco X Capcom.

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, I'll honestly de-hype if there's Sonic. No Sonic. There's SEGA beyond Sonic. We're allowed to be happy for Kiryu without worrying that there'll be a fucking blue cartoon animal midst all these anime people.

• Thumbs Up 2

We had that in Smash though. We've got X, another Mega Man would just be redundant.

Can we like, not have this topic divulge into "where's Sonic?" I can understand wanting him, it's a friggin Sonic message board, but c'mon. The game's clearly orientated to a JP audience, and Sonic's really not too hot in Japan. Disregarding the entire game, because a character whose series this board otherwise spends half of their time shitting on isn't in it, just bugs me to no end.

Again, I know I'm a huge SEGA nerd so of course I'm going to complain about the, well, complaints, but c'mon. If you're only buying it for the likes of Sonic, you're blatantly not going to enjoy it since that's all it takes for you to buy the sodding thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed: we can transform that in "where's Bayonetta?!" instead.

• Thumbs Up 6

klonoa plz

Well this is a surprise. Always wanted to play Project X Zone but now seems like the good time to get it with a sequel looming on. 

Also Brave New World I get it ahahahahaha

It's not just Sonic I want you know; Klonoa, Pac-Man, Ristar...and for human characters the cast of Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. =P

Oh aye, the Streets of Rage cast would be great to see again; and they fit in pretty damn well with the rest of the cast. Considering how badly received Bruno from Dynamite Deka was last time, I'd have no qualms if he got shafted as the beat-em-up representation and Axel and Blaze got put there instead. 

Yeah I have to be in the boat of not particularly caring if Sonic gets in; what I liked about the first was there SEGA IPs who rarely, if ever, get attention from the West but has a modest rep still in Japan. It's nice to see these franchises meld together (Valkryia Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, Virtua Fighter, Space Channel 5, etc). It's even better to see Shinobi and undoubtedly one of the more popular IPs at the moment in Yakuza getting representation as well...

With that said yeah where IS Bayonetta. And Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle. And Burning Rangers. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Also chatting on Skype about the series reminded me; where's Arle Nadja at? Puyo is still quite a strong franchise over in Japan, and given PXZ's artstyle it'd be nice to see Arle closer to her original design from the MD and Saturn era again, rather than the super stylised look of the 2000s onwards. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Where's my Skies of Arcadia Sega, but anyways glad that the Yakuza series are getting some rep now.

We should create a PXZ bingo where we all get to play on who will appear in the game.

*Puts every single Namco X Capcom character in*

About the localization: the game was presented at an italian (european-related) event, and the western localized version of the first game  outsold A LOT the expectations from Namco (Wikipedia says something around ten times the expectations: either they had low ones or the games sold like hotcakes, but i'm guessing a mix of the two) and is ranking among the most sold 3DS titles in both the USA and the UK. That means a lot, so i'm very positive we will get this localized as well; hell, maybe even in a short amount of time, hopefully.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah right, the Yakuza reps are based after their Yakuza: Dead Souls incarnations.

...EVEN BETTER.

EDIT: Visual shot of the new SEGA reps in the game:

CCbWV6QWgAAUVtI.jpg

CCbWXEUWAAA6yqI.jpg

CCbWWVmW8AA_zSU.jpg

CCbWW7UWIAAR4Rz.jpg

It's coming to NA and EU in the Fall!

NA trailer:

EU trailer:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6VnU3GxjJMxs0aIme7

See? Pretty much what i told you, lol. For passing from waiting an year and more (plus petitions, fanpages and Twitter requests to Harada) to localize to have a worldwide release means they were satisfied a lot.

I have to admit, i admire how Bamco's stepping up over their localization practices.

Edit: Also, we can confirm pretty much that Reiji and Xiaomu are returning since they appear at the end of the trailer. I hope Kogoro and Mii are also returning.

Wait but

What if

Because SEGA own Atlus now

We get AN ALL-OUT ATTACK on the character roster

Just theorising. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Same here, pally: why not Jude and Milla, with Alvin as an assist, reflecting the early game part of Xillia? That would have worked.