Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

Uh, so if the sales and reviews are good and the demand is high enough, they can keep going as much as they want. Ok. I don't know if a potential PXZ3 can top this in terms of roster, but if the developers are confident, i'll trust them.

Anyway, my copy of the game should arrive tomorrow. I'll tell when i'll get my hands on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chosen Undeadskaven said:

Uh, so if the sales and reviews are good and the demand is high enough, they can keep going as much as they want. Ok. I don't know if a potential PXZ3 can top this in terms of roster, but if the developers are confident, i'll trust them.

All I request is that Phoenix and Maya get upgraded to pair unit as they were originally to be, and with one or two solo units to accompany  .

I'll get my copy in through S1 2016, shortage money due to Smash Bros 3DS DLC literally smashed my wallet. But also Sonic 2 3D.

Played the demo more than 15 times. (Even if the first 10 give bonuses, The Spanish translation is decent to far from perfect, I like the primitive baby like Spanish they got for Sheath.

Shame we didn't got Bayonetta, she would have fit in this due to the fanservice filled that this series is, but we have her in Smash anyway (And looks incredibly fun to play).

So I brought the game on Tuesday and I've been enjoying it quite a lot. The mechanics definitely feel much more refunded and the combat doesn't feel stale, even for a game with a genre like this. Hitting Cross and Criticals feel much more easier and satisfying at the same time, and combining with Solo and Support units to rack up hits is good too. 

Also, as a SEGA fan seeing Axel from Streets of Rage, Yakuza's Kiryu and Majima (FCK YEEEEAH), Shenmue's Ryo Hazuki, hell even Dural and Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter and more Japanese centric IPs like Renassiance of Fate feels so awesome to see in 2016.

And yes I didn't mention Segata Sanshiro yet. I'm only at Chapter 15 so I have a bit to go I've heard before I see him.

Someone on GameFAQS found something interesting. Form the acronym and enjoy. 

Soar, O noble Icarus! Come! To embrace a magic!''

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Someone on GameFAQS found something interesting. Form the acronym and enjoy. 

Soar, O noble Icarus! Come! To embrace a magic!''

There's your Sonic mention in the game. :U

6 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Not just Sonic, Sonic Team too. 

We got a NiGHTS, a Burning Rangers reference too, hence the song in the game during SC5 stage at my knowledge.

The amount of references in this game towards SEGA fans is amazing. The entire chapter devoted to Burning Rangers, Segata/Akira/Maru victory limes referencing Virtua Fighter, Ryo's legendary sailors line and everything in between was a pleasure to find out about.

The fact that its major competition was Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon might have helped, but still, great to see the game recieving full positivity so far.

Btw, i also started the game (currently at the end of Chapter 10), and so far it's fine. The italian translation is better than i expected, but i still want to try the english version after finishing the game.

The amount of references, both Game and cultural, is driving me insane, lol, 

The whole game it's self would make for a Cool Bits video on Gamexplain, but I doubt they played that many games to reference everything unless it was a collab with Chuggaconroy, Gametheory, Gaijin Goomba, Gnoggin, and various others.

Through my personal favorite so far was a certain Terminator reference.

• 2 weeks later...

The amount of references to other games in general is astounding: both the developers and the localizers did a splendid job in making them work with the dialogue, and some of them are really subtle in a sense that they can appear literally out of nowhere, like Segata titledropping Deep Fear, Kazuma mentioning inadvertly the basic setting of Binary Domain or Xiaomu insulting Dokugozu by telling him he'll be good in Zoo Race. There's literally something for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would personally liked a Falcon Punch reference but, this game's localization while funny, it gives a good job in the biggest amount of references xD

That's... weird. I mean, the game has been out for a while now, and despite all the praising and good sales he got it seems to early to announce a new title already.

Unless it's something like a porting of Namco x Capcom with a worldwide release and some extra characters, but i dunno.

I´d love a port of Namco x Capcom <3 .But yeah, I agree that it is too soon for new annoucements and stuff.

Maybe I´ll be able to watch the whole thing? Really interested in the localization stuff.

Yeah way too soon for a PXZ3 announcement given the game hasn't been out for a year yet but it's interesting nonetheless. And a special guest from SEGA (likely either one of the represented series IP creators to hazard a guess)