Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

Hotsuma over Joe Musashi is a pleasant surprise too. Nothing against Joe, but recent references to Shinobi were always about him, since he's the protagonist of the Mega Drive games. Good to see someone remember Shinobi PS2 happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hotsuma over Joe Musashi is a pleasant surprise too. Nothing against Joe, but recent references to Shinobi were always about him, since he's the protagonist of the Mega Drive games. Good to see someone remember Shinobi PS2 happened.

That surprised me, since I admittedly know nothing about Shinobi PS2. Still nifty though!

If Repede's in this along with Yuri, I'll be satisfied. I personally would like to see some Skies of Arcadia reps in this. I'd like to see some Ace Attorney characters too, but that's kinda iffy.

As painfully unrealistic as it is, I wouldn't mind a certain group of SEGA Hard Girls showing up in this. Given they've got an upcoming crossover game as it is, I'd like to think there's a tiny chance they could show up here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it'd be more realistic than licenses SEGA is known for but doesn't own (Miku, K-On, Kancolle) or Atlus stuff that SEGA technically owns but the companies still act separate (so no Persona or Princess Crown)

• Thumbs Up 2

Miku did show up in Super Robot Wars technically, SEGA's Fei-Yen from Virtual On dresses as her and there's a Miku version of Fei's theme song. So I wouldn't say stuff like Miku's out of the question.

Miku's the most likely of the SEGA -associated nonSEGA licenses, but I think the SEGA Hard Girls are still more probably simply due to being SEGA's entirely.

• Thumbs Up 2

Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 6)

Vergil (Devil May Cry series)

Hotsuma (Shinobi)

YEEEEEEEEES

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt there will be any Puyo Puyo representatives.

If I'm wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm just hoping this time they don't screw up the Rival Schools rep if there is one. Batsu sucked as an assist in the first game and they picked the wrong song to represent him (come on, the main theme to the first game sucked, and then there's the Taiyo High rooftop theme which sounds a lot more like Batsu and was his theme in Tatsunoko vs Capcom and I'll shut up now since no one really cares about Rival Schools)

but for real, I'd actually like to see how they would handle Viewtiful Joe. Also hoping for the God Eater characters to return.

I doubt there will be any Puyo Puyo representatives.

If I'm wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised.

You never know.

Before Puyo Puyo went all cartoony looking in Puyo Puyo Fever, shoot even before they started the Puzzle series, it was a Dungeon Crawler RPG, granted the best one was for the Sega Saturn and the characters had some cool moves in that game.

I always loved the Sega Saturn Madou Monogatari and Puyo Puyo N artwork for the characters.

PUYO4ALL.jpg

A Team of Arle, Rulue and Schezo would be most logical.

Oh by the way, we might know one more Sega Franchise in here before they even announce it, one that I'm sure we all been wanting to see.

p-x-z-5.jpg

Get a good look.....does this not look familiar to anyone? A battleship structure seemingly flying in the air....*wink* ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

This is a nice surprise. I enjoyed the first game, so it's great to see not only a sequel get announced, but a North American release right around the corner. I hope they've added more villains, though, because one of my issues with the first game was dealing with the same five guys again and again and again from stage to stage. Hopefully with more franchises represented, they should be able to spread out the enemy forces more evenly so it doesn't get repetitive.

As far as characters go, even if they're sticking with the human or human-esque limit from the first game, there are still lots of guys I wouldn't mind seeing. Guys like Vyse, NiGHTS, Gillius, Viewtiful Joe, Haggar, and Phoenix Wright would be cool to see.

That reminds: i really hope this time around the villains will be more interesting. In the original PXZ i cared only for basically the demon faction, the Nemesis, Selvaria and Saya. All the other villains were just uninteresting (especially when half of them don't even talk), so i hope for the sequel they will improve.

-i still want Lord Raptor to return in any case: he never gets old-

Ice lord Jin signature resume my reaction to this announcement.

Leon?! Yakuzas?! Ninjas?! and possibly sky pirates?! YES! YES! YES!

For the SEGA side, i ask: Ryo Hazuki, Gillius, Bayonetta and NIGHTS and maybe Zobio and Zobiko for House of the Dead reps.. and of course Sonic.

For Namco, more Soul Calibur representation(even though im sure Natsu will not be the only one), and Pac-Man or Klonoa. Maybe Ace combat/Ridge Racer?

And for Capcom, i was satisfied with the original PxZ roster, but if you will add Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu, Namco, i will be more than a happy man.

EDIT: why the hate on Dynamite Cop? Everybody hates Bruce Willis now?

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

I'm personally glad their not simply pairing the main hero with the main female of whatever game this time, 

Also glad their mixing teams around with the Sega's Shinobi dude and Capcom's Strider being on the same team and Bamco's Natsu seeming completing the Ninja team.

Also, according to jeuxvideo.com, the game will be fully localized, that mean, mutiple european languages, instead of english only in the previous game in Europe. I also realised there will be more than one battle stages for some franchises, if you look closely on the screenshots, you can see two locations for Yakuza Dead Souls:  the front of Club Sega and the Millennium Tower. (i hope thats her name, ist a long time since i last play Yakuza 4)

Edit : https://mobile.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/587571028135579648?p=v

They freaking said it...

Edited by Nexthehedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

X and Zero are back yeesssssssssssssssssssss /sold

Also, according to jeuxvideo.com, the game will be fully localized, that mean, mutiple european languages, instead of english only in the previous game in Europe. I also realised there will be more than one battle stages for some franchises, if you look closely on the screenshots, you can see two locations for Yakuza Dead Souls:  the front of Club Sega and the Millennium Tower. (i hope thats her name, ist a long time since i last play Yakuza 4)

Have they said anything about an English dub, or will it come with Japanese voice only?

Nothing has been said on the voice-over. But i will assume it will be japanese only like the previous one.

Also, Rice Digital has tweeted about PxZ2, and it has been retweeted by the official european Persona twitter page: https://mobile.twitter.com/RiceDigital/status/587578373632843776?p=v

It means nothing, but still, thats random.

Edit : https://mobile.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/587571028135579648?p=v

They freaking said it...

Uh, that's unexpected. I usually play games in Italian, unless the translation is horribly atrocious. I guess I'll give it a try, hopefully the translator will be up to the task. These games are full with puns and the like, after all.

EDIT: why the hate on Dynamite Cop? Everybody hates Bruce Willis now?

Bruno was anonymous as fuck in PXZ: he's there for 5 minutes in the prologue, he's one of the last characters who joins you and as an assist he's terrible. I think there were only 2 or 3 situations where he was funny, and they involved the fact that he gained notority for environmental damage wherever he goes.

Not that Nenenko or Devilotte where better though: basically, each company had a black sheep.

The roster is looking nice so far for PXZ 2. Although, I'm hoping for OG Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Vyse & Aika, NiGHTS, Ristar, Axel and Blaze, Burning Rangers, Gillius Thunderhead, Klonoa and Breath of Fire characters to get in for some crossover fun.

But as of now, I'm not particularly interested to go out and buy this game yet. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

including something from Power Stone somehow would be very good as it is sort of a SEGA / Capcom crossover after its success on Dreamcast!! ^____^    It is hard to tell though; the good thing is that the original game still holds up ... 2 cut out a lot of the interesting throw combos which was disappointing, although the multitudes of items remain a high point!

I don't think we're getting Sonic nor do I care, especially since, at least by looking at Endless Frontier, EXCEED, and Project X Zone, the philosophy of this game will still remain the same. They're not going for cartoony animal character, only for human or human-like characters. Maybe Eggman has a chance.

But give me Gillius and everything will be forgiven. Or the Centurion from Altered Beast.

Speaking of Capcom, though, the choices were top-notch last time, especially with some franchises like Darkstalkers (Hsien-Ko). But, boy, would I fucking love to have Wily from OG Megaman in this game. Only because Zero is already in PXZ2. I want to see them interacting.

And, about Namco...eh, they're bringing SCV characters in the midst. Not good. At all. But, hey, maybe Heihachi will come back.

I don't think we're getting Sonic nor do I care, especially since, at least by looking at Endless Frontier, EXCEED, and Project X Zone, the philosophy of this game will still remain the same. They're not going for cartoony animal character, only for human or human-like characters. Maybe Eggman has a chance.

But give me Gillius and everything will be forgiven. Or the Centurion from Altered Beast.

Honestly, the whole human or human-like thing was just a bullshit excuse for preventing certain characters from getting in. I'm glad that other old franchises from the three finally got spotlight in the games, I really am, but there are other franchises they haven't touched upon in the last game, especially Sega, and could at least have SOME exposure in this sequel. And no it's not just Sonic, but others too.

Edited by Omega Pipe