Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

Yeah Capcom generally has very good Character choices for their games, through Im really hope Power Stone, Red Earth and Breath of Fire get some much needed love.

Sega's roster however was a bit hit and miss, The Zombie Revenge dude, and Bruno Delinger were so freaking random and came so damn late in the game, don't get me wrong, I love the house of the Dead representation in games but Zombie Revenge was such a stupid choice over the more notable characters like Agent G and Rogan. And shining Force Exa isn't exactly the Shining game I would've chosen for representation, they could've chosen a better RPG rep over Resonance of fate like Skies of Arcadia or Phantasy star, not saying it was bad or anything. 

And as for Valkyrie Chronicles, that made me more salty then anything cause the 3rd game which Kurt, Riela and Imca came from never made it over to the West, but at least Selvaria was here so it wasn't all bad. 

As for this game, I find it odd that Sakura, the poster girl for the Sakura Wars series and one of Sega's top females in general, isn't front and running for the series this time. I personally would have Sakura and Erica as a team and leave Ichiro out, I don't care that much for Gemini either, even through I liked using her in PxZ.

As for the whole Sonic and Pac-man thing, I don't think Sonic team even wants their mascot characters getting brutally messed up by some of the baddies in these games, some of which do feature blood in their animation attacks, also I expect this game to have some somewhat foul language and sexual themes as before, and i don't think Sonic team is gonna want sonic evolve in a game like this

Odds are Sakura's not front and center here since she already was in the last one? The SEGA characters seem to be focusing more on "LOOK NEW STUFF"

Honestly, the whole human or human-like thing was just a bullshit excuse for preventing certain characters from getting in. I'm glad that other old franchises from the three finally got spotlight in the games, I really am, but there are other franchises they haven't touched upon in the last game, especially Sega, and could at least have SOME exposure in this sequel. And no it's not just Sonic, but others too.

Sonic doesn't need more exposure at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

A question about the trailer: golden chains seem to be a recurring theme (we see them constantly around and in some cases, they are dragging pieces of wolrds). The thing is, i swear i've seen already the design of those chains, but i can't remember where. You have any clue, guys?

Also, about the plot (spoilered for convenience, even though the plot of the first game was not a masterpiece):

I wonder who will be the main antagonist this time around. The spirits generated from Mii's stone where made quiet at the end of the first game, so i'm positive they're not. Ouma is still a threat with Saya and her beasts around, but i'm not sure on them either (we'll probably see them since Reiji and Xiaomu are back).

As for the known franchises, we know that Juri Han is around, so makes me wonder if Bison will return (even though i want to see Akuma more), we know for sure that Demitri will be involved somehow, since he made clear he's not gonna be nice anymore, we know undeads and demons are involved again since we have characters from 2 zombie games and Dante has teamed up with Vergil (plus, we see Marionettes are returning), we know the menace will be big enough to make Jin and Kazuya teaming up (for those who don't know Tekken: they hate and have tried to kill each other a lot) and we know The World will have more problems since Kite and Haseo are here, probably stuck in her avatar mode. Strider's presence makes me think we will see Meio and maibe Hien again, but i'm not 100% sure.

As for the rest, it's still too early to speculate more, but we already have tons of informations just from this announcement, so i'm good for now.

I wonder if the game will be shown at this year's E3.

As for the whole Sonic and Pac-man thing, I don't think Sonic team even wants their mascot characters getting brutally messed up by some of the baddies in these games, some of which do feature blood in their animation attacks, also I expect this game to have some somewhat foul language and sexual themes as before, and i don't think Sonic team is gonna want sonic evolve in a game like this

I knew PXZ would be a bit violent and have some light swearing in it, given the rating was Teen, but since I didn't play PXZ I had no way of knowing if was going to be THAT violent from what you're saying. Although, I pretty sure there would be ways to work around those but I digress.

A question about the trailer: golden chains seem to be a recurring theme (we see them constantly around and in some cases, they are dragging pieces of wolrds). The thing is, i swear i've seen already the design of those chains, but i can't remember where. You have any clue, guys?

Also, about the plot (spoilered for convenience, even though the plot of the first game was not a masterpiece):

I wonder who will be the main antagonist this time around. The spirits generated from Mii's stone where made quiet at the end of the first game, so i'm positive they're not. Ouma is still a threat with Saya and her beasts around, but i'm not sure on them either (we'll probably see them since Reiji and Xiaomu are back).

As for the known franchises, we know that Juri Han is around, so makes me wonder if Bison will return (even though i want to see Akuma more), we know for sure that Demitri will be involved somehow, since he made clear he's not gonna be nice anymore, we know undeads and demons are involved again since we have characters from 2 zombie games and Dante has teamed up with Vergil (plus, we see Marionettes are returning), we know the menace will be big enough to make Jin and Kazuya teaming up (for those who don't know Tekken: they hate and have tried to kill each other a lot) and we know The World will have more problems since Kite and Haseo are here, probably stuck in her avatar mode. Strider's presence makes me think we will see Meio and maibe Hien again, but i'm not 100% sure.

As for the rest, it's still too early to speculate more, but we already have tons of informations just from this announcement, so i'm good for now.

I wonder if the game will be shown at this year's E3.

Psyche-Locks from Phoenix Wright? Those were grey, though... Hmm.

Psyche-Locks from Phoenix Wright? Those were grey, though... Hmm.

Plus, psyche-locks had "normal-looking" chains. These ones seem to be more elaborate, with spikes and specific rings.

And if he does get in, then what?

I begin praying that

1- not too many resources were given to him

2- We don't get a thousand reviews and comments worldwide of "WELL I ONLY GOT THIS FOR SONIC WHO THE FUCK CARES FOR THESE OTHER GUYS"

3- Lament that the one place where old, more obscure SEGA franchises are being celebrated has been taken over by Sonic

• Thumbs Up 3

To be fair though, i would still love to see a team-up between Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily outside of the Archie Comics.

• Thumbs Up 2

And I'd very much enjoy that in another context. Do Sonic and Mega Man in the Olympics for all I care :P

I begin praying that

1- not too many resources were given to him

2- We don't get a thousand reviews and comments worldwide of "WELL I ONLY GOT THIS FOR SONIC WHO THE FUCK CARES FOR THESE OTHER GUYS"

3- Lament that the one place where old, more obscure SEGA franchises are being celebrated has been taken over by Sonic

I guess I understand this reasoning, but... Don't you think Sonic could actually help these obscure franchises? When Melee came out, the only reason I bought it was because I watched the Pokémon anime, and Pikachu was on the cover. But then I learned about all these other characters from whatever games (Fire Emblem, EarthBound, etc.), and now I'm a big fan of pretty much every series repped in Smash.

Now I personally don't care whether Sonic's in this or not, but this is just a thought I had. I'm pretty curious what Sakura Wars is after reading about the characters and games that were in the first.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't because I don't trust the Sonic fanbase, based on the previous behaviour I see most people in it pull with SEGA, do care about anything in the game beyond the fact there's a blue hedgehog in it.

It's like doing a comic book special about old golden age super heroes for the fans of those characters and shoving Deadpool in. I love Deadpool, but I don't want him everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 5

So, remember that in the trailer, there's the message "a tribute to gamers worldwide"? Apparently it's not a sentence placed so randomly, because Bamco itself said that this sequel is getting made mainly because the first game did spectacularly for them (obviously in correlation to the genre: the first PXZ sold over 400.000 copies, 2/3 of wich in the west, but for Bamco, that's a humongous amount for a game like that). In short, a giant thank you to the fanbase.
Take notes from that, Square-Enix: maybe next time you'll be more humble and generous on an Eidos-related product.

• Thumbs Up 3

Pretty disappointed that Bayonetta probably won't be in this game because this is the only way she and Dante could ever have a chance of appearing together

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, she's still considered a SEGA IP and this game's on a Nintendo console: the basis are all here for her to be in.

Guilty of being a Sonic enthusiast. No hedgehog, no go.

Especially because I'd like to see Klonoa and Sonic crossover at least once.

That in mind, crossing my fingers.

You aren't the only one buddy :(

IDK, I feel like all these human anime-esque characters in this game, and then throwing in an oddly proportioned cartoon hedgehog into the mix just feels weird. I get he's popular, I get he makes things money, but I just don't think Sonic absolutely has to be in every SEGA related thing ever. The cartooniest it gets out of the bunch here I feel is the Mega Man crew, but I still think that's workable at least, especially with going with the more regular human shaped X renditions. To tell the truth, I don't know all of those characters on the list on the first page visually and am way too lazy to google half of them, so if there's some weird hawk crocodile manbeast character in there than negate this lmao.

Personally I'd love a badassified Vyse from Skies of Arcadia in there from Sega's pool. It worked well in Valkyria Chronicles anyway.

• Thumbs Up 4

I honestly don't because I don't trust the Sonic fanbase, based on the previous behaviour I see most people in it pull with SEGA, do care about anything in the game beyond the fact there's a blue hedgehog in it.

It's like doing a comic book special about old golden age super heroes for the fans of those characters and shoving Deadpool in. I love Deadpool, but I don't want him everywhere.

Now I'm just imagining Deadpool in Silver Age DC

Now I'm just imagining Deadpool in Silver Age DC

You've got a couple "Deadpool in Silver Age Marvel" comics IIRC, which was pretty fun

it was in his own book though, not others'

IDK, I feel like all these human anime-esque characters in this game, and then throwing in an oddly proportioned cartoon hedgehog into the mix just feels weird.

With this in mind, it's key to remember SEGA decided a Sonic film should be live action.

Sounds like they're more than enthusiastic about a cartoon animal mingling with humans, even realistic ones. XD

Seriously Sonic is understandable. I just can't see how Ulala gets in, but not JSR folks. - w-

But then again, we don't know by this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I've been waiting a loooooooooooong time for these two to crossover.

But as others have said, it'll most likely be human-dominated again just as the last game was.

With this in mind, it's key to remember SEGA decided a Sonic film should be live action.

Sounds like they're more than enthusiastic about a cartoon animal mingling with humans, even realistic ones. XD

It's not about Sonic mingling with humans so to say, but I just think the Project X series itself thing in general is not laid out that way, at least from my impressions. I guess I'm starting to talk big for someone who has never even touched or so much watched more than like 3 minutes of trailers of either games haha. Sonic can definitely be added into a whole slew of things, but for some reason it rubs me the wrong way if it was anime video game character city feat. random 90s 'tude hedgehog. I mean I guess if Klonoa and what have you are suddenly added as well, that's a different story, but just the pining over Sonic weirds me out. Color me different but *shrugs*