Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

I'm not really interested in PXZ. It's not my thing at all.

But this has to be said - if you're writing off the game because Sonic isn't in it, or if you'd only be interested if he was, then this game isn't for you. You wouldn't like it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Guilty of being a Sonic enthusiast. No hedgehog, no go.

Especially because I'd like to see Klonoa and Sonic crossover at least once.

That in mind, crossing my fingers.

Guilty of being a Sonic enthusiast. No hedgehog, no go.Especially because I'd like to see Klonoa and Sonic crossover at least once.That in mind, crossing my fingers.

Okay but then why are you even getting game then? This isn't some crossover fighting game, it's a RPG where character interact with each other and force to use other characters beside Sonic. If you going to tank through the game with this "where sonic where sonic" mindset and don't care about what going on, it's going to be really boring and uninteresting.

If there's no way for anthros to be in the game, at least add more human/humanesque characters that aren't obscure as hell; Gilius Thunderhead, Axel and Blaze, Beat and Gum, NiGHTS...hopefully with Bamco knowing how well this did outside of Japan, they'll start adding more characters that Westerners are familiar with.

• Thumbs Up 4

Super late but @KKM that makes perfect sense, thanks for explaining

Soooooooo, would any of you say this would be a game that you could recommend to people who like Fire Emblem? I played the demo and it seemed Fire Emblem-ish to me, but more action-y and without the fear of forever losing units.

I never said I was."No hedgehog, no go" means I don't care to buy it if he's not in it."That's shallow" some might say. Not really. The whole point of crossovers is to get people who are fans of one or more of the franchises involved to dabble in the other.I really don't care about Mega Man but I still bought the Mega Man issues that were part of Worlds Collide.

OH

OH MY

WHAT IF WE HAD THE SHENMUE GUY, RYO HAZUKI

That'd be pretty cool.

I never said I was.

"No hedgehog, no go" means I don't care to buy it if he's not in it.

"That's shallow" some might say. Not really. The whole point of crossovers is to get people who are fans of one or more of the franchises involved to dabble in the other.

I really don't care about Mega Man but I still bought the Mega Man issues that were part of Worlds Collide.

• Thumbs Up 1

It just doesn't feel right that there's no Sonic or Nights or Shenmue representation in the first one. Pacman as well and Klonoa being left out isn't right at all.

I'd be okay if only Eggman appeared. have a random zone appear in the game with badniks (even if it's Green Hill), or if Eggman's an assist. 

I just want SOME Sonic representation in this once in while crossover darnit!

Sonic's in fucking tons of crossover content now. He's the main star of the All-Stars games, has shown up in the last two Smash Bros iterations, he's technically got presence in friggin' Mario Kart, he's shown up in Hatsune Miku of all things,  he's been in Samba De Amigo Wii, showed up waaaaay back in Billy Hatcher, even further back in NiGHTS, and that's just off the top of my bloody head. I think we can survive, without friggin' Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic's in fucking tons of crossover content now. He's the main star of the All-Stars games, has shown up in the last two Smash Bros iterations, he's technically got presence in friggin' Mario Kart, he's shown up in Hatsune Miku of all things,  he's been in Samba De Amigo Wii, showed up waaaaay back in Billy Hatcher, even further back in NiGHTS, and that's just off the top of my bloody head. I think we can survive, without friggin' Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

But ya don't understand. I want to see Sonic act snarky to the Namco/Capcom heroes and Shadow butt heads with Vergil to see who's the best fighter.

And I want people to stop saying they'll only give a damn about a crossover game between three companies with a metric fuckton of franchises, if a blue hedgehog whose game series every other day they bemoan as mostly shite makes it in. Unfortunately, the world ain't that nice. Good lord. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this title did pique my interest w/o Sonic's involvement but I was driven away by the enormous complaints about how dull and dragged out the gameplay was. (Also you could let out a bit more steam outta you, yeah?)

I mean. Megaman appeared in a lot of crossovers, but was it justified that he didn't appear at all in MvC3 or UMvC3 sans Zero alt because they developers couldnt think of a moveset for him to differentiate the rest of the characters? (Also that Tron got in over him?) Maybe not a 1:1 comparison, but I feel it's strange that a company wouldn't use something very iconic and well loved by fans in a crossover.

And I want people to stop saying they'll only give a damn about a crossover game between three companies with a metric fuckton of franchises, if a blue hedgehog whose game series every other day they bemoan as mostly shite makes it in. Unfortunately, the world ain't that nice. Good lord. 

I think people are also forgetting most of these franchises are ignored/dead. Yes, even Megaman. This is probably the only time people will ever get to experience a lot of old franchise characters unless SEGA/Namco/Capcom revive some of them due to character popularity.

Well this title did pique my interest w/o Sonic's involvement but I was driven away by the enormous complaints about how dull and dragged out the gameplay was. (Also you could let out a bit more steam outta you, yeah?)

I mean. Megaman appeared in a lot of crossovers, but was it justified that he didn't appear at all in MvC3 or UMvC3 sans Zero alt because they developers couldnt think of a moveset for him to differentiate the rest of the characters? (Also that Tron got in over him?) Maybe not a 1:1 comparison, but I feel it's strange that a company wouldn't use something very iconic and well loved by fans in a crossover.

• Thumbs Up 1

X Zone's blatantly towards a different demographic, in various different ways. The original was conceived for a Japanese market, and as I must have mentioned at least three times in this thread by now, Sonic's ain't so hot in Japan. Stuff like Yakuza, to the best of my knowledge, is far more successful for them; hence, they cater to that market. With Marvel VS Capcom, it's catered far more towards a global market and there's fewer limits on consistent themes in character design to boot, so all tastes have to be considered, hence the furore over Mega Man's absence in 3 being slightly more justified. 

There's also the whole "humanoid, not anthro furry" debate; the Namco X Capcom reasoning means fuck all, considering this isn't Namco X Capcom, it's Project X Zone, regardless of the similarities between the two.

If the gameplay and stuff forced you away, fair does; it wasn't 100% to my favour either, and it did feel quite dragged out at points. This isn't all just aimed at your complaint either, if anything it's the most reasonable I've come across in this thread.

I'm just friggin' tired of people disregarding all the beloved franchises that finally have a chance at some small spotlight again, just because a character you can't move five bloody feet without seeing, isn't in the damn thing. 

Also what Autosaver said, yeah. 

I'm aware that X Zone was targeting a different demographic and X Zone isn't exactly like Namco x Capcom (even though X Zone 1 had Namco x Capcom original characters?). With X Zone 2 however, it's being pushed for  a more international release so the developers should add characters the West would like to see (in my case and with many other peoples it'd be some Sonic). And tbh, I couldn't even recognize more than half of the cast in X Zone 1 but I'd like to see interactions with the characters I DO KNOW (like X and Ryu, etc.). Would it hurt for SOME familiarity? Even if Japan hates furries?

"fewer limits on consistent themes in character design to boot"

wut? MvC1 and 2 had OG Megaman. I'm sure they could use him and Zero from Megaman X as varied themes for character design?

What I meant was MvC 3 has a much wider array of character designs, due to its demographic differences. You have stuff like Amaterasu alongside Chris Redfield; not the case in X Zone, really. 

We don't need sodding OG Mega Man here, we already have X. That'd be like having Sonic and Classic Sonic, bloody pointless considering this isn't a crossover centric to one or two series' like Worlds Unite or Sonic Generations.

I'm fine with having familiarity. I'd be fine, hell, glad if Sonic got in.

I'm not fine with folks, again, disregarding every other franchise because boo-hoo, the blue hedgehog isn't in it. If Sonic's absence really drives people away? Fucking good, it's blatantly not the game for you, go play something else. Probably a Sonic game. Again, not targeting this specifically to you, despite saying "not the game for you"; again, you're presenting reasonable points, I reckon. Just half of this thread has been bickering over "WHERE'S SONIC," something I deliberately took the piss out of in the topic title. 

Sheesh, I need sleep. 

Well X Zone did consist primarily of animu characters with some exceptions like midget "Anime-fied" Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins. He did look like he came from an anime, but he just looks so gosh darn out of place compared to everyone else.

Well I wasn't saying we needed X and OG Megaman in MvC or X Zone (just 1 representation is enough, although I do prefer X). At least with MvC3, I feel OG Megaman has enough tools to differentiate with Zero (like using the robot master powers in his games or use his robo animal pals) since Zero is mostly sword combat with some lasers in between.

Well I don't know what to tell you about the rabid Sonic fans complaining about X Zone. Most of the time, I just see people wanting Sonic in even though he's a washed up has-been nowadays. I don't know if its nostalgia or if its Sonic's personality or whatever.

Yeah, I think I misunderstood you mate, I think we're on the same page. My bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Man Sonic's shit nowadays, shove him everywhere though or I don't care"

It's just honestly, honestly, honestly tiring.

• Thumbs Up 4

My friend mentioned that they're recycling a lot of sprites.

On the other hand I haven't played the first so it doesn't matter anyways.

Anyway is it possible for some Shenmue rep?

Some sprite animation is the same of course, but their are some new ones, one of them we see Ichiro Ogami swinging around a Halberd, Jin most likely is gonna go Devil, theirs new sprite animation of Chris and Jill in a new Super move, etc.

Anyway is it possible for some Shenmue rep?

Actually I originally he'd be Kiryu's partner at first, but it be cool if he was a Assist at least.

BTW.

l_552cbbc61b2eb__large.jpg

I recognize the Queen Zenobia and the Imperial Theatre, but anyone know what the flying ship in the top right is supposed to be? I originally thought it was the Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia but it's completely different.

• Thumbs Up 1