Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

Yeah,  I've noticed that.  Urrgh,  Well so much for the hype. Making them an assist team seems rather a dumb move. 

Hmmm, thought strikes; hold that thought! Maybe Phoenix and Maya might be counted as a unique case; both an assist unit but also as a pair unit to fulfill the quota of having a pair unit and a solo unit for Ace Attorney. Especially since going off of this pic, CE0k7XvUEAA4OPj.jpg

The top right inner photo showcases them as a pair unit performing a summon along with another character as their solo assist unit.

What's the difference between Assists and Pair Units? Like, you can't control the former on maps or something? Been a while since I played the demo of the first one.

Pair units can be controlled, moved on the level, have them equipments, ecc.; pair units can assist other pair units in combat, but they must be 1-square close to them (in any direction).

Assist only units cannot be controlled normally and must be attached to a pair unit in order to be used. They bring specific skills too that can be used or are automatically activated (example: in the first game, Heiachi had an auto skill that allowed the pair unit he was attached to to break automatically an enemy shield/barrier. Broken as fuck.).

On another note, can someone recognize the enemies that are fought in the scans (like for example, that Sektor wannabe fought by the God Eater 2 girls)? I can only recognize one of the DMC3 demons.

• Thumbs Up 2

Play the two demos on the eShop and you'll be golden.

Urghh, playing these demos makes me all the more dread how stupid it is relegating the pair as a solo unit.

Don't feel so bad at least they are in the game, besides you also get some Steel Samurai love in there  :D

• Thumbs Up 3

Jova, get it. They're a normal assist team, bloody hell.

ANYWAY:

l_5551c52c7a066.jpg

GRAND UPPAH!

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/14078494.html

Famitsu article with new character renders is a go. 

My goodness, that artwork is freaking killer, it's been so damn long since Axel was officially drawn. I know that Blaze has at least been drawn on the cover of the Sega 3D Classics cover art by Ken Sugimori.

Also them sneakers yo...

• Thumbs Up 1

Urghh, playing these demos makes me all the more dread how stupid it is relegating the pair as a solo unit.

jesus christ are we going to have to add phoenix wright into the sonic box for this game

• Thumbs Up 6

More screenshots.

Aside from more polished artworks and in-game dialogues, new stuff includes 3 stages: Tall Oaks Church (Resident Evil 6), Kamurocho Theater Plaza (Yakuza: Dead Souls) and Ice Blue Valley (God Eater 2).

Reminder that the other stages so far are the Flying Battleship Balrog (Strider 2), Le Chat Noir plaza (Sakura Wars 3), Imperial Theatre (Sakura Wars), Roppongi/Shibuya (Namco X Capcom), Aura's Church (.hack), Mallet Island internal garden (Devil May Cry), Queen Zenobia (Resident Evil: Revelations) and one i can't remember from .hack//GU.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did the first game have stages from games that weren't represented with characters? Despite thinking Sonic himself would be an oddity, I think seeing like, City Escape or even just GHZ as a stage would be cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you count The House of the Dead and Zombie Revenge as two seperate franchises, then yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did the first game have stages from games that weren't represented with characters?

Other than the House of the Dead stage, there are 2 separate stages based on the first batch of levels of Gain Ground (complete with a personal remixed theme).

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't feel so bad at least they are in the game, besides you also get some Steel Samurai love in there  :D

Meh, You're right. It's just that, being relatively new to this franchise, it does feel a bit cheap and a bit of a fake out, thought I can't really blame the game makers for the shock considering how whoever reported this in the first place to the public before we got a look at the scans would be more to blame anyway for notifying alt them being a solo unit. Thought they'd be more for to be a main unit, I suppose I'll just have to wait and how on that for the sequel. That said, I've long already come to terms with it, thigh I thank you for the well - handled kind response.

jesus christ are we going to have to add phoenix wright into the sonic box for this game

Now, now, that was uncalled for and rather, too late. Breathes that doesn't even make sense side Phoenix is actually in the game.
  • Thumbs Up 1

More screenshots.

Aside from more polished artworks and in-game dialogues, new stuff includes 3 stages: Tall Oaks Church (Resident Evil 6), Kamurocho Theater Plaza (Yakuza: Dead Souls) and Ice Blue Valley (God Eater 2).

Reminder that the other stages so far are the Flying Battleship Balrog (Strider 2), Le Chat Noir plaza (Sakura Wars 3), Imperial Theatre (Sakura Wars), Roppongi/Shibuya (Namco X Capcom), Aura's Church (.hack), Mallet Island internal garden (Devil May Cry), Queen Zenobia (Resident Evil: Revelations) and one i can't remember from .hack//GU.

I don't know what's going on but, when I type Project x Zone 2 in Amazon's search bar, the results only show the first game, yet, when I Google it, I find a link to an Amazon pre-order page for the game.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Project+x+Zone+2

http://www.amazon.com/Project-X-Zone-2-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00W9KB1D4

I personally will wait until some form of collector's edition will be announced before pre-ordering the game.

Anyway, the main site of the game has been updated with the new characters, showing also some new gameplay screens in some character pages: http://pxz2.bn-ent.net/character/

Neat how Maya's poses seem to be the same she has in the original games but seen in a 2.5 angle: that's a nice touch.

I don't know what's going on but, when I type Project x Zone 2 in Amazon's search bar, the results only show the first game, yet, when I Google it, I find a link to an Amazon pre-order page for the game.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Project+x+Zone+2

http://www.amazon.com/Project-X-Zone-2-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00W9KB1D4

I get that sometimes with Amazon, too; I don't think it's a problem unique to PXZ2.

Neat how Maya's poses seem to be the same she has in the original games but seen in a 2.5 angle: that's a nice touch.

Same with Nick of course! ^^ss1401_s01.jpg

Hmm, well from what I can gather the prospect fo them being a solo unit does apparently open the door to multiple extra lines of dialogue, based on who they're paired with. And from my demo experience, I can assume I'll probably get to use them a lot too!

Well, assist units were present in the exact same number of the pair units in the first game so each could have one, and considering how useful are for extra damage and the skills they bring, it would be unwise to left them behind aside from self-imposed challenges.

Bottomline, it's just a matter of time of wich chapter Phoenix and Maya show up (my guess is the same early chapter of Kazuma and Goro since the scenary seems the same on a lot of their screens).

-unless they appear in the prologue and then they reapper in chapter 25 or something, like Chris and Jill in the first game)-

Edit: Phoenix poses, at least from what we can see now are just the same as in the original games (obviuosly done with the art style of this crossover though), and makes sense since they were on that angle. Maya on the other hand was seen almost entirely in first prospective so far, so they had to adapt the point of view to mach the 2.5 angle.

The only thing "new" to phoenix poses is having sometimes them with more seen portion of his body since obviously there is no desk to cover it, like here:

ss1601_s01.jpg

-unless they did the same thing in the crossover with Professor Layton and i didn't know about that, since i have yet to play it-

Yup, they did albeit with 3d models.

Now what are the chances that Phoenix's iconic objection.gif will at least get a proper localization appearance (and maybe even sound)?

• 3 weeks later...

Since E3 is around the corner, how much more info about the game would you expect to be revealed there?

• 2 weeks later...

The Facebook account of Namco Bandai confirmed that Valkyrie from The Adventures of Valkyrie is returning (we dunno if she's an assist or paired with someone).

11535873_10153345488775629_6692985955672

Hopefully this means we will have more characters revealed tomorrow at E3.

Nice, and she has New Art too, not all of the Assist in PxZ got Full Artwork so I'm glad she got one this time.