Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

Early 2016 for us? Eh, i wish we could got this before Christmas, but better than wait for a whole year.

So, it seems this time we will have replaybility options or some kind of "mission select" screen thanks to that veichle brought by the new Shinra agent. I hope it's the case, since the first game prevented grinding by having one chapter after another non-stop.

Also, did Zero just used the UMvC3 lightning loop around the 4th minute mark of the video?

Ok, ok.

...aaand false alarm. It's just an Ogretail aragami from God Eater.

Early 2016 for us? Eh, i wish we could got this before Christmas, but better than wait for a whole year.

Well, for Europe, anyway. No word yet on any delay for NA.

New 10 minute trailer! Seems fairly similar to the one above though to be honest. 

New 10 minute trailer! Seems fairly similar to the one above though to be honest.

That's because it's the Japanese version of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

With him as an assist, I'm waiting to see Pheonix's reaction to the yakuza guys and all the illegal shit they do.

The part from 7:14 to  8:14 are the biggest differences. It shows the quest with Xiaomu, the remixed tracks from the previous game, 2 themes for the 3ds home menu, and a special edition for the game. Basically what was said a few days ago along with some extras.

• 3 weeks later...

With him as an assist, I'm waiting to see Pheonix's reaction to the yakuza guys and all the illegal shit they do.

Maybe, but i think there may be references to Kiryu's story ark in Dead Souls.

He has his girlfriend Haruka kidnapped and he's forced to enter the quarantine and face the zombie outbreak if he wants to see her again, kinda like what happened to Maya in case 4 of JFA.

-Never played Dead Souls, so i don't know how Kiryu's story ark goes after its premise though-

Btw, i'm fairly positive we will see Kazuma's BFG in his moveset: it's one of the things people who played Dead Souls remember the most.

Anyway, a small news: the developers talking about the differences and complexity the plot will have this time around (plus, small mention of Baten Kaitos).

Haruka is Kazuma's niece, not girlfriend.

But I'm just glad both Kazuma and Majima are using their signature martial arts in addition to their Dead Souls weaponry., I would've been pissed if they didn't had their Heat Actions.

• 2 weeks later...

Newest tweet confirms the info is coming this Thursday. Also, someone on GameFAQS brought this up. The location in this screen looks a lot like something from Sonic Adventure 2. http://www.ign.com/images/games/project-x-zone-2-3ds-20035744/552ae0c5005b17fc35f5555d 

I wonder if the game this stage is from and Sonic Adventure 2 had anything in common?

Prison Island's jungle? Eh, i dunno. Considering how many franchise are already rapresented in the game, it could be from anything. Hell, it could be from .hack or Summon Night for all we know

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting pairings, even though the only unexpected reveal was Hibana (looks like someone at Banpresto really loved the PS2 Shinobi era). A bit of a shame that Pai-Chan had to be downgraded to an assist, but hey, at least she's not cut. I'm also slightly disappointed to see Demitri as a good guy yet again, after all his talking about how he is supposed to be the real villain and bla bla bla. I guess since Jedah's probably returning (as we have seen Q-Bees in previous scans) this was inevitable.

Also, the Chun-Li/Xiaoyu screens shows that Mokujin is either an enemy or a boss; i wonder what will be the reason for the party to face it.

Edited by Teoskaven

Interesting pairings, even though the only unexpected reveal was Hibana (looks like someone at Banpresto really loved the PS2 Shinobi era). A bit of a shame that Pai-Chan had to be downgraded to an assist, but hey, at least she's not cut. I'm also slightly disappointed to see Demitri as a good guy yet again, after all his talking about how he is supposed to be the real villain and bla bla bla. I guess since Jedah's probably returning (as we have seen Q-Bees in previous scans) this was inevitable.

Also, the Chun-Li/Xiaoyu screens shows that Mokujin is either an enemy or a boss; i wonder what will be the reason for the party to face it.

I'm not seeing Banpresto in the copyrights or even be mentioned, which makes me doubt Banpresto is involved with this one. 

Monolith Soft only then.

-i wonder if this will affect the inclusion/return or not of Super Robot Wars characters-

Also, i noticed just now in the screen of Nana, Ciel and Alisa that they're fighting a Golden Gboro-Gboro: in the original game they were special Aragami, completely powerless and basically just walking treasure chests full of materials. I wonder if in this game they will have a similar function (releasing good quality items or giving more experience).

Pre-order bonuses from Japanese retailers include artworks done by famous artists, and some of them include characters who have not been revealed yet, and are obviously censored.
I see a pattern though by having one character per company in each artwork, so you can have some sort of first hint in pinpointing who could the misterious shadows be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saya is (very unsurprisingly) back as the main villain, but she brought a new Katana unit apparently.

In more interesting news: there's a shop system this time around! Run by Sylphie (Forgotten Wolrds) and Miyuki (Ordyne). Gives a lot of sense to the Golden Gboro-Gboro i spotted earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saya is (very unsurprisingly) back as the main villain, but she brought a new Katana unit apparently.

In more interesting news: there's a shop system this time around! Run by Sylphie (Forgotten Wolrds) and Miyuki (Ordyne). Gives a lot of sense to the Golden Gboro-Gboro i spotted earlier.

Slightly larger preview image via Nintendo Everything

saya-project-x-zone-2-famitsu.jpg
Is that actually a new Katana? She looks pretty different from the rest of the Katanas. She even has....bunny ears from the look of it.

• 3 weeks later...

The website and blog were both updated. Now you can listen to music on the page. (I'd rip the song and upload it on YouTube but I don't know how to do it and I'm not at home to actually do it.) http://pxz2.bn-ent.net 
Here's the blog post talking about TGS: http://pxz2.bn-ent.net/blog/