Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

What theme is that? I'm about to upload it

It doesn't sound like a character theme. Going by a rough translation (New World Project) and my personal guess, it sort of sounds like it could be a title screen/menu theme.

Sounds something that comes from either Megaman or Streets of Rage, but if it's neither of those, then it's probably something original.

4 new characters confirmed for PXZ2.

Segata Sanshiro, a fictional character created by Sega to advertise its Sega Saturn console in Japan between 1997 and 1998, will be playable as a solo unit character in Project X Zone 2, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

Other new characters revealed this week include:

• Captain Commando (Captain Commando, Capcom)
  • June Lin Milliam (Star Gladiator, Capcom)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken, Bandai Namco).
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ugh. Project X Zone 2 is going to be released two months later in Japan. But why wouldn't Monolith Soft put a few XC characters into this game if they created Xenoblade Chronicles? Also, why won't Nintendo put some characters from theirselves into Project X Zone 2 if the game is an exclusive game for Nintendo 3DS? This game is a little bit more terrible than Smash.

Ugh. Project X Zone 2 is going to be released two months later in Japan. But why wouldn't Monolith Soft put a few XC characters into this game if they created Xenoblade Chronicles? Also, why won't Nintendo put some characters from theirselves into Project X Zone 2 if the game is an exclusive game for Nintendo 3DS? This game is a little bit more terrible than Smash.

It doesn't matter if Monolith are making it because it'd be down to Bandai Namco as to who's in the game. And Nintendo don't have shit to do with it because they aren't publishing it, it's Bandai Namco.

Edited by Athena Cykes
  • Thumbs Up 2

Finally Sakura can reunite with her one true love,  Segata Sanshiro!

Oh, by the way, a Saturn version of this game is inexcusable now.

Edited by Pink Cat
  • Thumbs Up 1

HE LIVES! 

You guys cannot even imagine the insane smile on my face when I read Segata's in this, holy shit. TODAY IS A GLORIOUS DAY.

• Thumbs Up 3

Something isn't right about this. Famitsu only gave a blurry preview. Where are they getting that those chars were confirmed? http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/08087642.html

Probably translated from the website, and we gonna have to wait unit the next issue of Famitsu come out to get clear shots.

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

Now I know why Sakura and Ogami aren't together in this, lol.

I also know why Segata lost to Sonic in the Fighters Arc of the comics, Sakura wasn't their to support him.

But hey, Capcom remembers Star Gladiator, and it's June no doubt. She's the character that is promoted the most in capcom artwork, it's about freaking time she showed up in another game. Nice to see C. Commando back as well, and Heihachi was expected. Apparently their all solo units I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game's looking fantastic. I'll have to pick up the original at some point too (it's only $15 at Target). I don't know much about Segata but from the image of him that I've seen, he seems like a really funny and out there choice.

I am really looking forward to this game. Still haven't played the first one, but really want to pick it up soon.

Segata Sanshiro being in it is cool. Nice to see some more representation for the Saturn Era. They should put Bug in too, haha. Keep the Saturn theme going a bit.

Yo Yo, villains are B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers), Shadow (Space Channel 5), Zagi (Tales of Vesperia), Azure Kite (.hack)., 

Also very surprisingly, the Resonance of Fate crew is back, only that Vash and Leanne have switched places.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/10087676.html#page02

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/10087676.html

Also Nemesis (Resident Evil) seems to be teased in the images of the opening cinematic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Including Segata Sanshiro is such an ingenious move that i have to take my hat off and bow in respect to whoever came up with it, either Monolith or SEGA themselves.

I'm not that hyped though for June, since i would have preferred Hayato as a Star Gladiator rep, but considering how Devilotte was in the previous game instead of Jin, my guess is that the developers want to play with us using side characters from series that in MvC had a main rep.

That being said, i'm super-duper happy to see the Resonance of Fate trio back in full force: here's hoping they will have a more proper story arc (maybe a villain too?) this time around instead of being just there like in the first game.

Also, thank goodness for having a couple of Bamco villains who will actually talk and have emotions this time around.

• Thumbs Up 2

Someone on GameFAQS decided tospeculate that the missing character is Klonoa because the background looks a bit like ears. Who do you think it is? 

image.jpg

I'm not convinced, considering the character in that render is holding hands with Ulala and, well, Klonoa has kinda huge hands.

If anything, i'm more convinced it's KOS-MOS, both because of the space-themed characters and the shape of the render (the large part may be her hairs).

I want to say it´s Dreamcast (sega hard girls) because of the hair (which looks like ponytails) and the two horn-like things in the head which remind me of the Dreamcast controller she has on her head, but her ponytails are twisted in a different way, and she doesn´t have that pointy thing between the "horns" so...

Edited by Ristar