Awoo.

DC Extended Universe Thread | Wonder Woman | June 2nd, 2017

Brad

Yeah, so that optimism that Suicide Squad was gonna be a mix between serious and comedic themes in the film, much like how Assault on Arkham was, I'm now losing that, Why? News came out that they've actually hired a therapist because they've gone so dark with the scenes. Really guys? The movie that requires you to go that fucking dark is Suicide Squad? The one movie that should be like Guardians of the Galaxy, which balances light and dark themes, instead has gone full blown dark and gritty.  

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/01/suicide-squad-stars-have-on-set-therapist

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer

Ok, they can cancel the DCCU now, the Flash tv universe wins, forever, (kinda flash spoilers)

because got King Shark, yeah he's an actual shark

vmRTdTJQqOxOJCYQ86mD_tumblr_nwwrh81Opt1u

Also, it's sad how much more impressive they managed to do him on a tv budget compared to the travesty of suicide squads killer croc

DuzoAmT0SXaYNmF4HJKH_gfdh.png

Oh and he's voiced by David Hayter.

Although, apparently he was expensive so he won't be showing up again too soon

• Thumbs Up 1

Harley continues to be the most promising part of this movie honestly.

Deadshot looks cool. Enchantress too. 

Edited by Brad

• 1 month later...

We got ourselves a teaser boys.

You can FEEL the sexual tension.

New trailer on Wednesday night with Jimmy Kimmel like with Civil War. 

On a related note why is Batman wearing a trenchcoat

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 2

... Okay, seriously, did they have to spoil the entire bloody film? Granted, it's mainly some of the most obvious plot twists, but still. Doomsday's prescence already makes it obvious how this thing is probably gonna end (aka with Superman dead).

... Okay, seriously, did they have to spoil the entire bloody film? Granted, it's mainly some of the most obvious plot twists, but still. Doomsday's prescence already makes it obvious how this thing is probably gonna end (aka with Superman dead).

I don't think it means Superman is gonna die at the end just because of Doomsday's appearance. There's still a Man of Steel 2 in the planned DCU timeline. As well as two Justice League films following on from Batman vs Superman. 

No reason Doomsday can't come back though (or something much stronger)

Batman V Superman: Dawn of the DC Cameos.

Am I the only one who thought of this when Superman said stay down?

and Superman claiming that he can kill Batman anytime he wants.

Because that's totally fitting the character. The whole Zod thing really did do more than we thought with Sups.

"She with you?"

"I thought she was with you"

Gee it's almost like DC was all like "Ok you want your damn jokes so badly?! Here?!"

Gee it's almost like DC was all like "Ok you want your damn jokes so badly?! Here?!"

DC just can't win, can they?

Sigh. 

• Thumbs Up 1

DC just can't win, can they?

Sigh. 

No, actually I'm really excited for this movie. But it's my fault for not making it clear that I was joking.

• Thumbs Up 1

It feels like my faith in Batfleck has paid off! :D I think Jesse is gonna make such an awesome Lex Luthor. Fresh, but the same kind of Luthor we can expect. I wonder if the creation of Doomsday will be the reason he goes bald :P

I don't think it means Superman is gonna die at the end just because of Doomsday's appearance. There's still a Man of Steel 2 in the planned DCU timeline. As well as two Justice League films following on from Batman vs Superman.

Well, even if he dies, that doesn't mean he can't come back to life, like in the comics.

Well, even if he dies, that doesn't mean he can't come back to life, like in the comics.

Seems anti-climatic to kill him off in this movie then bring him back in the next, no? 

Besides, what would be the point if we're not getting Steel out of it? :P I also heard somewhere (can't remember) that Doomsday here is only a basic form or something like that. So apparently that's why he looks like that. But take that info with a pinch of salt

Yeah, it would come across as kind of lame, I suppose. I don't really expect Supes to be killed off.

Seems anti-climatic to kill him off in this movie then bring him back in the next, no? 

Besides, what would be the point if we're not getting Steel out of it? :P I also heard somewhere (can't remember) that Doomsday here is only a basic form or something like that. So apparently that's why he looks like that. But take that info with a pinch of salt

Yeah, I'm assuming that Doomsday is simply in a weakened state at this point and isn't at his full power. Hence why only three supes are going to take him down. This won't be the last appearance of Doomsday.

Superman isn't dying in this film, no way. I am wondering what other plot twist there could possibly be at this point, though...

• Thumbs Up 1

Action figure of Aquaman from BvS, provides a little look at potentially what the character will look like big screen. Albeit more plastic.

aquaman.jpg?format=750w

remember when: no colour!!! DC so grimdark!!! ow the edge!!!!!! stop trying so hard!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Bump time. Some news.

• Suicide Squad graffiti teaser poster collection available here
  • Suicide Squad has a new poster showing the whole team! Check that out.
  • Wonder Woman now has a logo and a Facebook/Twitter. See some of the photos from set as well here - it's set in World War 1. 
  • DC Films has its own Facebook page
  • The first concept art for 2017's Justice League has been released. Check it out in the spoiler - 
Spoiler

tumblr_o17nij4nTk1udwsc5o2_1280.png

HYPPEEEEEEEEE

And that's your news fix. More news almost certainly coming with a broadcast tonight with new trailers and reveals. 

Also guys come on keep this thread alive this universe is gonna be dope af. 

• Thumbs Up 5

We now have a little footage of Wonder Woman (unfortunately accompanied by bog standard commentary):

I really hope they get this one right. The character's never really interested me that much, but I can see some potential here.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Jacky said:

The movie looks really fun (And Bohemian Rhapsody is always great), but I'm disappointed about the lack of Harley's accent.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The movie looks really fun (And Bohemian Rhapsody is always great), but I'm disappointed about the lack of Harley's accent.

As am I! But that's the big Hollywood stars for you. Can never really put in the effort compared to some of the more younger, unknown actors :/ While the trailer looks great, I hope the fact there are so many big names involved doesn't ruin it.