Awoo.

sonicDX

Hello, I had an interesting thought recently. I would love to see a game that is a Sonic fighting game. I write down the details now.

I thought of something like Sonic Battle. Maybe its name should be Sonic Wars. It just would be a 3D game, with an RPG or strategy gameplay.

One of the best things would be the large collection of Sonic characters and levels. You can choose any of the Sonic characters, and each other has a special skill. You can also find almost all of the Sonic levels to fight on. Also all the Sonic weapons should be available. For example, if you are playing as Sonic, you can use the Caliburn sword or any other weapons (related to the Sonic series). If playing as Shadow, you can use guns. Knuckles can have a large axe, and Blaze or Silver can use magic powers.

In other words, the game should be a large mix of all the Sonic content, and you can freely choose characters, weapons, skills, levels etc.

Maybe there should be a story, too, and of course online multiplayer mode. :)

Well, this would be a good game. I just wanted to share my thought with you, and I would love to see your opinions! ;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sonicDX

• Monkey Destruction Switch

• Amomynous

That would probably be fun, but it would likely be too, well, "out there". In particular, giving Sonic characters weapons would not sit well with most people. Do you really want to be reminding people of Sonic and the Black Knight and Shadow the Hedgehog?

Also, being able to fight on "almost all of the Sonic levels" seems like way too much.

In general, though, I will say that the idea of a new Sonic fighting game is appealing to me.

That would probably be fun, but it would likely be too, well, "out there". In particular, giving Sonic characters weapons would not sit well with most people. Do you really want to be reminding people of Sonic and the Black Knight and Shadow the Hedgehog?

Also, being able to fight on "almost all of the Sonic levels" seems like way too much.

In general, though, I will say that the idea of a new Sonic fighting game is appealing to me.

Oh, I didn't mean real weapons. I meant weapons found in the Sonic series (Caliburn, Shadow's gun etc.).

I thought of something like Smash Bros with only Sonic characters and levels.

I understand that you're re-using weapons from the Sonic series, but think of how well that went over the first time. Especially Shadow's guns.

If you're wanting to make it Smash Bros.-like, I would drop the weapons entirely.

I understand that you're re-using weapons from the Sonic series, but think of how well that went over the first time. Especially Shadow's guns.

If you're wanting to make it Smash Bros.-like, I would drop the weapons entirely.

This doesn't entirely make sense, since we don't neccisarily want it to be Smash-bros.-like  and Smash Bros. has weapons.

A bit more on-topic, I think this sort of idea might do better as a Sega all-stars title, a "Sega All-Stars Battle" so to speak. Since that's more established for these sorts of spin-offs.

Yes, but I would prefer a fighting game with only Sonic characters and levels, not all the SEGA characters. But you can have an own opinion, don't get me wrong! :)

Hm... I would prefer to use some weapons instead using my fist! :D