Awoo.

ProJared reviews Sonic Adventure 2

Rad Dudesman

I saw the ending of the video where he said "Just Sonic the Hedgehog and not his stupid friends."

Whenever that comment crops up it's always an instant ruination for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw the ending of the video where he said "Just Sonic the Hedgehog and not his stupid friends."

Whenever that comment crops up it's always an instant ruination for me. 

Did you actually watch the rest of the video, though? Really, I'm tired of the whole "shitty friends" meme as well, but dismissing the whole thing outright like that is just unnecessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if it has become a memetic complaint I think its pretty reasonable to argue that Sonic does have too many shitty friends.

Good thing he seems to use it ironically.

The...way he uses that statement isn't irony? He's not using it to express the opposite sentiment, unless you think he is actually advocating for more friends to be in the proceedings through contradictory language?

If anything, he's using "shitty friends" as a shorthand for all of the annoying gameplay quirks that come with them, since he was actually honest enough to say when the alternate gameplay worked or was more tolerable. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if he also advocated for Sega just never bothering with them again in the first place, and that he was more sympathetic to people who hate the secondary cast more in their entirety and wouldn't ever be so kind as to look at SA2 with the nuance he did.

Did you actually watch the rest of the video, though? Really, I'm tired of the whole "shitty friends" meme as well, but dismissing the whole thing outright like that is just unnecessary.

I had skimmed through it. Video was fine with a few minor issues from what I gathered. I wish I hadn't seen that ending though because I usually tend not to find much stock in the opinions of people who end up saying that nonsense. He just went through explaining why their gameplay was bad and ends on a note that makes it seem like it was a direct problem with the characters. That's usually what a lot of reviewers tend to do and it just ruins the entire crux of whatever argument they were going for whenever I see it. 

If it was a complaint tailor made for their gameplay only then it didn't come through. Especially since he used the word "friends".

You mean that one screech-growl it does?

Because going by it, the Biolizard is a lizard with a life support backpack that came into creation from trying to make a hedgehog, and sounds just like a wildcat when you hurt it.

It also buds out cancerous orbs from it's skin and has the ability to fuse itself with machinery and take control of entire space stations. It also has no eyes, but instead energy poles going through it. Also no back legs, just nubs. Also, no teeth, just a big ol' mouth with nothing in it.

What the hell were they doing when they made the Biolizard. I ask that to both Gerald and Sega simultaneously, because I'm honestly at a loss about it.

I think this is more hilarious when you put into perspective of how during the boss fight, it will slowly open and close it's flopping mouth in such a non-threatening manner that still somehow manages to be enough to make Shadow have to run away at full speed.

Ultimate life form huh

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, a lizard or a jellyfish are much more ideal candidates for reverse-engineering properties of immortality for human use. It's certainly where I would start. Really, Shadow being a hedgehog is the actual outlier here, and frankly he only worked cuz that whole Black Doom thing we don't like mentioning around these parts.

To be fair, a lizard or a jellyfish are much more ideal candidates for reverse-engineering properties of immortality for human use. It's certainly where I would start. Really, Shadow being a hedgehog is the actual outlier here, and frankly he only worked cuz that whole Black Doom thing we don't like mentioning around these parts.

• Thumbs Up 5

It would have been really cool to see the result and actual development behind that cliff-hanger at the end of Shadow's story in Heroes.

But I guess they thought Independence Day held more promise.

Let's just go with the whole "Shadow is a hedgehog" thing via that fan-theory where Gerald saw the Hidden Palace mural and thought it was a prophecy of him creating an ultimate lifeform with the Chaos Emeralds (thus the giant mustached man holding out his hands to a glowing hedgehog while holding an emerald) instead of the Doomsday Zone.

In other words, Black who? What about arms?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the point is that the less we're reminded of those... Black alien guys, the better off we are as a fanbase.

Oh sure but then if we try to do the same with 1996-2010 we're purists or something :V accept the sonic canon and stories, good and bad

Fucking black things ruining things for this series, we should eliminate all black related things in this series.

Why is it that nobody can talk about this game without it dividing so many people about it, you'd think we'd have reached a conclusion on it over a decade after it came out.

Sorry for the late reply, was busy

It's amazing, we're not even talking about the story. We're just talking about a fucking rocket. This is what I noticed about the complaints about SA2's story. They never talk about the actual fucking story. They fixate on stupid little details.

Why is it that nobody can talk about this game without it dividing so many people about it, you'd think we'd have reached a conclusion on it over a decade after it came out.

Most 3D Sonic games are pretty divisive for various reasons so I don't see what's so different about this one. 

I have never understood why the design of the space ship bothers some people.

Sonic 2 had a pretty realistic space ship for a 16-bit game.

https://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&q=sonic+2+wing+fortress+zone&oq=sonic+2+w&gs_l=img.1.0.0i19l4j0i8i30i19l6.111.1892.0.4835.9.9.0.0.0.0.182.864.2j5.7.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.64.img..2.7.861._vBVY_ShUhE#hl=sv&tbm=isch&q=sonic+2+wing+fortress+zone+space+ship&imgrc=T3KxFZUyvVrXDM%3A%3Bf6VxawdYqsyiWM%3Bhttp%3A%2F%2Fimg3.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20130509170520%2Fsonic%2Fimages%2Fc%2Fcd%2FHow_many_rocket_ships_this_doctor_has.png%3Bhttp%3A%2F%2Fsonic.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FDoctor_Eggman's_rocket_ship%3B320%3B224

Sorry for the late reply, was busy

OK you want me to focus on the story? Fine, then here's 2 new things you can explain it to me since you ignored it when I asked you earlier today:

- Why is Eggman for no real reason trusting this bat intruder in the Ark instead of capturing her cause she clearly has a reason to be here other than just helping him cause she wants jewels? If your answer is that Eggman is just that dumb cause he's a goofball then better question: why is Shadow, who is supposed to be methodical and smart put his plan to avenge Maria in danger by blindly trusting her? Why not just steal her blue emerald and again, capturing her for questioning?

"Even though you look incredibly suspicious and not trustworthy at all and infiltrated our colony without our permission, we're just gonna trust you, what could possibly go wrong?"

- Why did GUN allow Gerald to record his final terrorist message before his execution and how did it end up on the ARK? Did GUN think it would be a nice gesture to carry the dangerous terrorist's final wish? This military is full of freaking morons.

Are you also gonna tell me that characters acting like morons just so that the plot can move forward is also just a meaningless detail?

Or gerald recorded it without them knowing and the recording as well as his message was uploaded directly to the the ark. 

Dont know, it was never mentioned how he did it. We just know that he did it. Im just giving you another perspective on how it could have gone down. We can theorise however. the ark is a space ship with advanced tech. It would make sense if it had a receiver of some kind. All gerald would need is a recording device with a transceiver.

How exactly?

Like I said before, so this story wants me to take it seriously and at the same time not think about what it's happening.

What kind of standard is that?

Maybe Eggman just felt like making a Rocket.

Maybe he needed it to move supplies.

• Thumbs Up 1