Awoo.

Ultima draws/paints a thing:Six Fanarts Challenge/Render Redraw Challenge

Ellipsis-Ultima

I get a Kirby like vibe from it, and if you know Kirby then you kinda guess what I'm talking about.

Simplistic coloring, but defined in a sort of style I taken notice in that I like.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your views!

I had this idea in my head for days now, and I had to draw this! :

Spoiler

give_back_those_emeralds__by_falling_zeb

suppose the Crystal Gems mistakened the Chaos, Sol and Master Emeralds as the corrupted gem monster's gems. So when they take it... this happens!
 This is my first time drawing Steven Universe characters, Garnet and Pearl were fun to draw! I did go overboard with the tracing though... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Back again! And this time with another drawing! (duh)

samurai_shadow_by_falling_zebra-d8t3eq1.

Pencil shaded this because I'm almost running out of colors. And it may look weird due to the scanner. The mistakes have been fixed, and I like how this turned out!

Inspiration: Here.

ow the edge

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay folks. Drew a thing:

Spoiler

drawing_experiment_101__lara_su_and_lienAs you can see, these are the characters for the Lara Su Chronicles, and after seeing the Bio for Lara,and other pics of Lien Da, I decided to re draw both of them in a more Sonic-y style. I tried fixing the hair of both and Lara does not wear that loincloth. Instead, she has silvery tights/pants.

I didn't trace much in here because I didn't want to go overboard like how I did in the recent drawings.

• Thumbs Up 2

looks cool! i like the colors you choosed for their clothes! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

looks cool! i like the colors you choosed for their clothes! :)

Thanks Drawloverlala!  :D

I'm back with another Drawing Experiment!

drawing_experiment_101__spectre_and_juli

I thought I would stop at Lara-Su and Lien-Da, but I ended up doing this for fun! I'm assuming that Spectre (LOL Darth Vader) looks like this, since the cloth covers him. And that's supposed to be Chaos Energy, not fire. And the only change I did to Julie-Su was her hair. 

Good grief what did I do

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that was absolutely brilliant! Well done! :)

Your a very good artist! I wish you the best of luck on your art! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought that was absolutely brilliant! Well done! :)

Your a very good artist! I wish you the best of luck on your art! :)

Thank you!! :D

After days of delay-

ninetales_by_falling_zebra-d8uo46g.png

I did a watercolor drawing of Ninetales, and I wasn't sure if I got the color scheme right. I'm okay with how it turned out though. 

When it comes to drawing eyes of Pokemon, I'm not so good at it. 

And the orange lights are supposed to be glowing ash, but you could interpret it as fireflies if ya like!

2golden4me

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Tallgeese! ^_^

Someone is not amused at someone stealing their spotlight.

24__by_falling_zebra-d8yeu3t.png

EGGMAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE

Well I thought since he also appeared  in the very first Sonic game, he should get a share. :P And the pattern for the number 24 is supposed to be a reference to the Green Hill Zone design. (and the scannings a bit off too...)  

Anyway... HAPPY DING DONG BIRTHDAY TO SONIC! (and Eggman too!) 

• Thumbs Up 3

Gonna try something else-

Spoiler

roses__by_falling_zebra-d8z26ll.pngI like roses, so I drew them. The whole purpose was to improve the coloring skills, (and to a certain extent drawing skills, since the roses were drawn of different sizes). I really had a fun time drawing them!

And I have more ideas, so I'll be drawing more roses soon!  :D

• Thumbs Up 4

AMITE STYLE AMY!! :3

Traced version-

amite_style_amy__traced_version_by_falli

Final version-

amite_style_amy__final_version_by_fallin

She was really fun to draw , and the outfit suits her :3

I still think the pose is a bit weird tho...

Scanner has made this pic a bit weird so you may have to tilt your laptop up (and your head down) to see it wee clearly.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

This is an emoji chart:

tumblr_nqb32wMefJ1sfi0i1o2_500.jpg

I asked you guys to pick a Sonic character and the face they're doing, and I got five results. Thanks for the suggestions! HERE THEY ARE-

Spoiler

sonic_emojis__by_falling_zebra-d92hi51.p 

I drew some of their heads too big lol.

Do you have any emoji requests? You can let me know through PM or the same status I first posted the emoji challenge...

• Thumbs Up 5

Nice job with those pictures! Silver looks especially cute with that emote!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/23/2015 at 10:01 PM, Failinhearts said:

Nice job with those pictures! Silver looks especially cute with that emote!

Thanks!

A long time ago, I made some old Sonic comics, that was the first time I drew Sonic and the gang, I used to post em in a wiki, so I thought I could post them here! These comics had puns (hence the beware the puns tag) some slapstick, and the drawing and the scanning was odd at that time.

Spoiler

a_cold_dinner_by_falling_zebra-d92vanr.p

Sonics got two right feet, I tried to draw him walking...

a_boom_makeover_by_falling_zebra-d92v8w5

When Boom was announced, I made this. Boom Sonic is hard to draw.

thrash_s_new_job_by_falling_zebra-d92vd6

Thrash's power gave me the idea for this comic.

random_omochao_by_falling_zebra-d92vcmo.

I spelled Omochao's name wrong. And thats supposed to be chaos energy in the second panel.

don_t_scare_cats_by_falling_zebra-d92vb6

Werehog looks a wee odd in this one.

why_swordsmen_should_never_fight_jedi_by

Actions speak louder than words?

werehog_blooper_by_falling_zebra-d92vdyz

Old Last year song jokes are old! :P

What do you think? I may get back to making comics again, whenever the time comes. You can look closer at these throught Devaint Art.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

INCOMING ART DUMP

So I saw the T-shirt design Ken Penders did for the Lara Su Chronicles. I found out that the poses were odd, especially Lara Su's and Taelor's. So I decided to do a redraw of it, for fun :P.

Spoiler

Pencilled version:

lsc_t_shirt_design_redraw__pencilled_ver

Final Version:

drawing_experiment_101__lsc_t_shirt_desi

• Xero is slightly changed, he does not wear the loincloth, he wears this shorts and his hair on his head is a black stripe, he no longer has the beard.
  • Taelor looks a bit cartoonish because I can't draw human beings properly... And yes he has rocket shoes.
  • Those are supposed to be stars on the background, since this is a space like setting. I was using a different type of color pencil, so it may look bad. Sweating a little... 
  • What I tried to do was to improve the poses a bit, some of it was hard to draw, but fun! (Lara Su is trying to do that dramatic running jump pose...)

I thought I would stop there, but then I had another random idea for a LSC T-shirt design (Man, I should start drawing something else now.)

Pencilled version:

lsc_t_shirt_idea__pencilled_version_by_f

Final Version:

drawing_experiment_101__lsc_t_shirt_idea

• OH NO IT'S GREEN LIEN-DA RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Run Away :BombingEscape: Come With Me 
  • It's based on this Lien-Da by Penders, but I tried it here to see if it suits the background (lemme know what you think!). Also, that's not blood, that's supposed to be the part of the t-shirt...
  • Lien-Da looks like she's slanting though.

And I also did a Satoru Iwata tribute (It's not much though...)

Spoiler

satoru_iwata_tribute_by_falling_zebra-d9

I'll admit, the writing was a bit off space wise.

I still like this quote though. RIP.

• Thumbs Up 5

Spent the last few days drawing BFZ, the character that once appeared in the SSMB Animal Crossing Roleplay, and she will be coming to the Population Plus Roleplay soon-ish!

Spoiler

bfz_by_falling_zebra-d96f2nx.png

Yes I know she looks like a Shadow the Hedgehog, Sally Acorn look a like. I might modify her design a little later...

EDIT: Uh, the pic's deleted...

Some faces of her... 

Spoiler

tumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo1_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo2_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo3_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo4_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo5_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo6_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo7_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo8_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo9_400.pngtumblr_ntdifnNgRc1udzlioo10_400.pngtumblr_ntdin0nhD21udzlioo1_400.pngtumblr_ntdin0nhD21udzlioo2_400.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I've always wondered what BFZ looked like. Now I know!

She has a cool design and it's great to see her back! Loving the wide range of emotions you drew for her!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2015 at 11:25 AM, Failinhearts said:

I've always wondered what BFZ looked like. Now I know!

She has a cool design and it's great to see her back! Loving the wide range of emotions you drew for her!

Thanks Fallin!

So I haven't drawn much often so I made a blooper comic based on Worlds Unite.

Spoiler

worlds_unite_blooper_by_falling_zebra-d9

So Worlds Unite is finally over and I got one idea during that time. The First panel is obviously based on the first panel of this page.

And I used a different set of color pencils so some of the colors look not so good, and slightly merged because of the scanning. (You may have to tilt your laptop to see the thing).

Also, this is my first time drawing Mega Man characters so some poses may look odd...

My thoughts on Worlds Unite? Well I have to say, it was way too crowded, the art in Acts 1 and 3 were good, and I liked X's character. 

I think the reason why the Werehog was not there was because there was no space, or the writers weren't sure what to do with him...

Alternative title: SONIC Y U NO WEREHOG?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

After getting the game Sonic Runners, I got some ideas for drawing again. Here's one work I did:

Spoiler

tikal_runners_by_falling_zebra-d9apt6h.p

Inspiration of this picture came when Tikal was playable in Sonic Runners. Chaos is there as well. (Chaos! Why yu so tiny?) 

I tried drawing this picture Runners Style, (In the sense, I traced the character and buddy in black, instead of the usual color tracing.)

I have finished another drawing and I'll be coloring it whenever I get the time!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2015 at 7:44 PM, drillspike said:

I love your use of colours! :D

Thanks Drillspike!

Made another Sonic Runners Drawing!

Spoiler

metal_runners_by_falling_zebra-d9bn2qh.p

This time, it's based on Metal Sonic when he came to this game. I first colored this with the ususal color pencils, but it looked bad, so I watercolored over it. I drew Metal looks like his classic self though...

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

MOAR STUFF

Remember that status where I mentioned hints about what I was planning to draw next? Well, I got some of the work done....

The first drawing is Sonic Runners Related (again)

Spoiler

zazz_runners_by_falling_zebra-d9de5dc.pn

eeeyup it's based on the Zazz event, and Halloween Omega's release, (Now three more characters will be released in that game doooh.)

There are two perspectives to this. Either:

• Omega can't see because of the Pumpkin hat, so he activates Plan B, which is this.
  • Omega being Omega, targets on attacking the bad guy, so his objective would be like:

"Target Acquired. Preparing to annihilate the pink stick and his Mechanical Cheese Ball."

Or something like that. I'm wondering if I should get this colored.

And I forgot to post this drawing, but I made four more Roses-

Spoiler

more_roses__by_falling_zebra-d9de2kl.png

No, they are not based on two animals who appeared in a comic recently. :P

And then there's the panel re draw....

Spoiler

tumblr_nwda1sZYIG1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

(Note: Stuck the two together for comparison)

• I wanted to give Sally a more formal stance when introducing herself, it looks slightly odd on the hand part, she's pointing to herself...
  • I used her current redesign, and slightly changed the hair and dress...
  • Sonic is supposed to look suprised there... And I didn't add Mc Acorn to the speech bubble because.
  • I decided not to color this one because IMO it looks fine without the color....

And I got so inspired by DrawLoverLala's Sonic Skyline designs that I wanted to try it on BFZ, (The character I'm using for the SSMB Crossing Population + Roleplay:

Spoiler

tumblr_nwdbb5fGay1udzlioo1_500.png tumblr_nwm0eoLgH41udzlioo1_500.png

Instead of the sunglasses, she's wearing a ninja like ribbon. The colored version is here!

The Sonic Skyline belongs to Drawloverlala.

As for the Suit study, It's not ready yet, I plan to stick it next to another turitorial practise I'm trying to do.

• Thumbs Up 3