Awoo.

Ultima draws/paints a thing:Six Fanarts Challenge/Render Redraw Challenge

Ellipsis-Ultima

Hai! (And we reached the second page yay)

Spoiler

suit_study_by_falling_zebra-d9dya1e.png

So here's that suit study I promised, not much is there, (I ran out of space....) I tried practising from this guide from tumblr.

And I did a little doodle....

Spoiler

tumblr_nwm8tijeHC1udzlioo1_540.pngtumblr_nwm8tijeHC1udzlioo2_540.png

It was supposed to be an ordinary Nicole drawing, but then my Halloween vibes kicked in and this happened. So now she's Nicole the Holo witch. (She's not even wearing the hat lol.)

PS: I have a new tumblr, where I post my art. If you like what you see, then please follow me!: http://fusion-zebra.tumblr.com/

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

Nice drawings, Matrix! Loving that Nicole!

Thanks Failinhearts! :D

...HAPPY HALLOWEEN DOODS! Here's something that's slightly related to Halloween...

zazz_runners_by_falling_zebra-d9de5dc.pn

zazz_runn_er_i_mean_deus_ex__omega_by_fa

Here's that Zazz Runners drawing i finished painting (it's kinda messy) It's obviously based on the Zazz event that happened earlier this month, with Halloween Omega in the mix-

"Target Acquired. Preparing to annihilate the pink stick and his mechanical cheeseball".

Zazz: 76c65e09c3d482506c94e7fd3305e78d.gifrun_away_by_cookiemagik-d6k6ej5.gif

Hope you enjoyed this!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

INCOMING UNDERTALE STUFF 

WHAT IF... UNDERTALE WAS A COMIC SERIES?

So I attempted making cover ideas if that was to happen, and here's two so far!

Spoiler

undertale_bad_pun_cover_by_falling_zebra

Bad Pun Cover: Just shows Sans saying a pun, so not much there....

undertale_you_re_gonna_have_a_bad_time_c

YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME Cover: I thought this would turn out well, but it would be better if it was done with a Graphic Tablet....

It's my first time drawing these two skeletons, and both of these covers were painted. so yeah, hope you enjoy it! 

Note2self: Scan better.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Back again, this time with a splash page-ish.

Spoiler

tumblr_nzcl9vqCPO1udzlioo1_1280.png

It's Spike the Porcupine, who recently appeared in the archie comics. Showed some emotions and some poses are quite odd though...

You might get a closer look through my DA or here: http://41.media.tumblr.com/189c54431c72c458e6af8baf6d719462/tumblr_nzcl9vqCPO1udzlioo1_1280.png

I'll do plenty more splash pages of these characters, but after I show you some christmas doodles after coloring them!

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey everyone!

With Christmas coming soon-ish, I was busy making mini doodles, most in the chibii style and I tried to make it simple. I'll be making more soon, but here's four of them. (You probably have seen two of these in the status updates.)

Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Boom

Spoiler

tumblr_nzg3rfnJnd1udzlioo1_1280.png

I really had fun drawing Boom Amy's Christmas outfit hnnng! And that Sprite is called Sparkle.

tumblr_nzg3rfnJnd1udzlioo2_1280.png

Boom Sonic is a lot harder to draw than the original Sonic. The Sprite in this drawing is called Flurry, (as you can see in my Avatar!)

tumblr_nzk4mqP10Z1udzlioo1_1280.png

Somebody is not amused lel.

Rouge is big, Knux is smol. I tried drawing the effect when Knux shakes his fist in fury.

tumblr_nzk4mqP10Z1udzlioo2_1280.png

And this one isn't chibiified and ACTUALLY HAS A PROPER BACKGROUND, I had colored the sky lightly so you may not see it properly because of the scanning. Shadow's too edgy for christmas I guess. BI

I'll continue these doodles for this month, and stick them in the same post. Whadda ya think so far?

• Thumbs Up 4

D'aww, those drawings are adorable! 

Definitely gets me in the Christmas mood!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2015 at 8:07 PM, Failinhearts said:

D'aww, those drawings are adorable! 

Definitely gets me in the Christmas mood!

Thank you! :)

===

I'm still making a few more doodles, so here's one for now, somebody is looking very smashing in red and white!

Spoiler

christmas_doodle__megaman__by_falling_ze

http://falling-zebra.deviantart.com/art/Christmas-Doodle-MEGAMAN-579690387?ga_submit_new=10%3A1450858829

It's based on his alt costume in smash 4, and I'm not so very good at poses. Those are supposed to be peppermints by the way!

And now to give you a hint on what's next... :3

Spoiler

christmas_doodle__merry_muffet__by_falli

To wrap this up, here's Muffet!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! XD

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! :)

Welp...

2015 is ending.

And to wrap it up I have two drawings (The last one I was saving for tomorrow, but I decided to post it here earlier... plus some of you have early timezones.)

Without ado, here they are...

Spoiler

random_shadow_doodle____by_falling_zebra

This is a random Shadow doodle O_O Kinda based on the Shadow from BalenaProductions Christmas with Sonic Series and the Apron is from Drawlala's drawing here. It's Watercolored and it's my avatar, except smaller (which is sad but oh well!)

And now for the last drawing of the year...

2016_pic__ruby_and_sapphire__by_falling_

Eeyup, Ruby and Sapphire! Also in watercolor, tho the fireworks look quite messy... ^^;

And yup that's what I have! 

2015 was a year with ups and downs, (and the year in which I kinda started drawing) And I hope to continue that!

Also it's been fun at SSMB, making new friends, and RP'ing also!

To each and every one of you, I thank you all for making this year fun! (Even though we didn't get a lot of Sonic...)

Anyway, I hope y'all have a nice 2016!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ooop I did not update this thing did I? ^^;

Anyway, I'm just gonna stick my art from the Draw Sonics Badly thread here...

Sonic:

tumblr_o0byytqaUj1udzlioo1_1280.png

Eggman:

literally_eggmen_by_falling_zebra-d9mu4s

Tails:

tumblr_o0qnfndMBl1udzlioo1_1280.png

Badnik: Motobug

miraculous____motobug__by_falling_zebra-

It's Motobug! Zooming above!

And for the Sally Acorn one it's the SSS#14 panel redraw. (Seen somewhere in my art topic on page one I think)

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETLY DIFFERENT.

I was having this idea after hearing a discussion about seeing more insects in the Archie Comic series, and I decided to attempt drawing them. (So far, they look like something from pokemon, and Disney faries.)

Today, I'm going to show you an insect inspired Egg Boss I made-

insect_inspired_egg_boss__sir_steelwing_

His name is Sir Steelwing. He's supposed to be a dragonfly and he's legionized by the wings, (hence Steelwing.) He has compound eyes, (They are not closed, I tried to put some insect related detail on my drawings.) Here's a pic to get what I'm talking about, but it's pretty big and detailed.

His wings are made of lightweight steel, and they're also sharp. So he can attack opponents with them while flying. I thought later on, he would get a new set of wings which emit poison (once his old wings end up getting damaged...)

His personality would be cold hearted and creepy, and sometimes a smart ass to several people.  
I have others, but I've yet to color them. Whadda ya think about this?

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

How long was it since I last updated this thing?

Anyway, I have one drawing for you, and I am drawing a new one, but can't show you yet!

silver_age_doodle_by_falling_zebra-d9swp

I got inspired by the Silver Age again, so I drew up what would probably happen if Gold got possesed again.. THATS RIGHT SILVY YA BETTER RUN!

I liked how Gold came out, but the emotion of Silver was... kinda ehh.

I was alos gonna add Von Schimler, buut there was no space on this paper...

Hope ya enjoy it!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2015 at 9:59 PM, Fusion Zebra said:

This is an emoji chart:

tumblr_nqb32wMefJ1sfi0i1o2_500.jpg

I asked you guys to pick a Sonic character and the face they're doing, and I got five results. Thanks for the suggestions! HERE THEY ARE-

Hidden Content

Do you have any emoji requests? You can let me know through PM or the same status I first posted the emoji challenge...

HEEEERES Part 2!

more_sonic_emojis__by_falling_zebra-da38

I made another status about this and got more requests (Thanks guys!) and here it is! I like how Sticks turned out.

Also, the tracing and to an extent color is a bit wonky because I'm running out of ink for some of the markers. D:

I'm currently drawing panel redraws from one or two Sonic comics and that's gonna take a while...

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

When the sonic social media memes just right-

when_the_sonic_social_media_memes_just_r

Alternate titles: 

When the sun hits that gold ring just right

When you unlock your sonic speed just right

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

25_years_of_sonic_the_hedgehog_by_fallin

HAPPY DING DONG 25th SONIC!

I am okay on how it turned out, but I now know I should learn to do more water colors.

EDIT: Process-

25_years_of_sonic_the_hedgehog_process_b

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Ello joes!

spear_welding_freaks_by_falling_zebra-da

I had this idea for sometime now and it had to be done.

I really liked how Pearl turned out but Undyne was kinda difficult...

Still need to work on the coloring!

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's some drawings! Hope you enjoy them!

happy_blaze_by_falling_zebra-da9pcoz.png

Happy Blaze is the best Blaze.

nicolewatch_pencils_by_falling_zebra-da9

nicolewatch_by_falling_zebra-da9sqti.png

After seeing and contributing  to this post, I realised that there were more simularities between Symmetra and Nicole, so that happened. The robotic hand was the hardest part to do.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 months later...

Imma back! BI

sonic_mania_pencils_by_falling_zebra-dad  sonic_mania__studiopolis_by_falling_zebr

Closer look here and here

This was insane to draw and color. But it was fun! I plan to do more of these once we get more stages.

There's a lotta work going on for me right now, so I haven't got the time to draw often...

UPDATE: 

fire_and_ice__by_falling_zebra-dae8l2j.p sonic_boom__fire_and_ice_by_falling_zebr

Fan art for this game too! Though I may have messed up the coloring in some points...

Main focus was on detail and color. The locations are based on the ones seem in the trailers and screenshots of the game. May have made a few coloring errors... 
I also had this thought that Amy and Sticks weapons would change when they use the fire and ice powers. That's why Amy's hammer looks like that. animesweat.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

I really like the Fire & Ice pic, particularly the composition and concept - seems like a really effective way to capture the game (well, what we know of it anyway!) in a single image. It's really cute and colorful, too.

The Symmetra Nicole pic makes me happy, more Nicole is always good.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2016 at 3:47 AM, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I really like the Fire & Ice pic, particularly the composition and concept - seems like a really effective way to capture the game (well, what we know of it anyway!) in a single image. It's really cute and colorful, too.

The Symmetra Nicole pic makes me happy, more Nicole is always good.

Thank you! ^_^

sapphy_by_falling_zebra-dajl4s1.png

A painting of Sapphire from Steven Universe! I was inspired by the song Here Comes a Thought!

are_we_wrasslin__by_falling_zebra-dajl58

A redraw of my favourite cutscene from Fire and Ice! (I think Knuckles' arms are like the Werehogs now...)

boom_sonic_practise_2_by_falling_zebra-d

boom_sonic_practise_by_falling_zebra-dai

And I practised drawing Boom Sonic. Focus was on emotion and pose. (apologies for the photo quality, it was taken days ago.)

There's gonna be more Boom art, cause I have more ideas send help

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Some Doodles!

Spoiler

tumblr_og2k0aJhhH1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

Boom Sonic on a bounce pad.

tumblr_og2ougLGmV1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

Princess Elise, still need practise on drawing humans...

tumblr_og2r5jigBk1udzlioo1_400.png tumblr_og2r5jigBk1udzlioo2_1280.jpg

When your arch nemesis kidnaps you for the 3rd time this week. (Feat poorly drawn chibis of Tails and Knuckles.) It's an old Fire and Ice Doodle. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a bit difficult to keep track of my art, I posted some on the statuses and not here. I'll do a hunt later.

For now, i drew some Sticks. Not the brown branches of trees, the jungle badger.

Spoiler

tumblr_oheiw7u0MS1udzlioo1_1280.png tumblr_oheiw7u0MS1udzlioo2_1280.png

A panel redraw of her I wanted to do. I initially thought this was her doing a thinking pose, but she was actually imitating Sigma "eating worlds". (and quite badly too). So I tried drawing her actually imitating that, more ferocious like. I liked how Sticks turned out here. I also tried drawing Sigma as a panel flashback thing. (You'll probably need to right click images to take a closer look.)

I also drew Sticks doing some thinking poses/expressions and other emotions.

tumblr_ohgbrbF0Fa1udzlioo1_500.jpgtumblr_ohgbrbF0Fa1udzlioo2_500.jpgtumblr_ohgbrbF0Fa1udzlioo4_1280.jpgtumblr_ohgbrbF0Fa1udzlioo3_1280.jpgtumblr_ohgbrbF0Fa1udzlioo5_1280.jpgtumblr_ohgbrbF0Fa1udzlioo6_1280.jpg

#2: She's *trying* to imitate The Thinker.

#4: When the government doesn't stop replacing plants with violins.

#6: This one's just for fun! I will admit, sticks' hand there looks odd.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Should be doing christmas doodles by now, but I'll put these here-

Spoiler

tumblr_oi4hn6nIHJ1udzlioo1_1280.pngtumblr_oi4hn6nIHJ1udzlioo2_1280.jpg

Once Sombra was revealed, I had to draw her. Doodling Overwatch characters is a good excuse to draw more humans!

tumblr_oi4hn6nIHJ1udzlioo3_1280.jpg

Soldier 76.

tumblr_oi4gn99c7P1udzlioo1_1280.jpg tumblr_oi4gn99c7P1udzlioo2_1280.jpg

Experience... insanity. No, I don't know why I drew this, I was bored. Brownie points if you can guess the reference of the dark ball and heal ball!

tumblr_oi4h6xPYhb1udzlioo1_400.jpg

'Nother old Sonic doodle. I think the inspiration of this was the Knuckle Sandwich post in the Sonic social media.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

*SEVERAL STATUS UPDATES LATER*

Here's some doodles and paintings!

Spoiler

rowlet_stocking_by_falling_zebra-darp7ss

rowlet_s_new_hat_by_falling_zebra-darp96

rowlet_s_new_hat_2_by_falling_zebra-darp

Rowlet Christmas doodles. I love this starter Pokemon from Alola. Kind of based off the tradition that he fits and loves Ash's bag.

tumblr_ojafs9Wbcl1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

Random painting of a purple wave. Really liked that shade of purple. Now that I think about it, it kinda does look like a wave of grape soda lol!

amy_wip_by_falling_zebra-dauo8cz.jpg amy_wip_by_falling_zebra-dauo8cz.jpg tumblr_or4jpgVuTQ1w6obd8o1_1280.jpg

And finally, a finished painting of the 3 Amy Roses. I decided to use the painting style of Sonic's 25th anniversary picture.

• Thumbs Up 2

Felt like doing some Steven Universe. Two paintings and three doodles. Two of these were done during the recent Bomb leak so...Spoilers...

Spoiler

blue_diamond_by_falling_zebra-daxljby.jp

A painting of Blue Diamond. She looks so pretty and sad... ;_;

malachite_returns_by_falling_zebra-daxlj

Malachite Painting. Had this idea for days now... there's some mistakes there, like the painting of hands.

jasper_gem_collection_by_falling_zebra-d

Jasper doodle. Brownie points if you get the stance reference!

pearl_in_a_suit_by_falling_zebra-daxlkec

Pearl looks really good in a suit. (Inspired by Mr. Greg).

holly_blue_agate_by_falling_zebra-daxlo5

Slight Spoilers, Holly Blue Agate. I've been wanting to draw her since she showed up in the Bomb. Can't unsee the Candy Corn hairdo! XD

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
Spoiler

Briefly experienced coloring digitally with Photoshop. Here's Boom Amy's winter outfit from Blackout-

tumblr_omrghiBXGa1w6obd8o1_1280.jpg

Tried not to make the colors to bright here, though me thinks that's a lotta pink!

tumblr_om4zkn5zVx1w6obd8o1_400.jpg

Random Blaze doodle that was my avatar.

tumblr_ooq5uaNebE1w6obd8o1_1280.jpg

Then I drew a house traditionally with a specific color scheme.

• Thumbs Up 1