Awoo.

Marvel has something to Telltale you in 2017

Klinsy

Please be Squirrel Girl please be Squirrel Giiiirl!

I've never read the comics but the character looks so CUTE and her superpower is amazing like, seriously, talking to squirrels how cool is that?!

If we can't get a movie or tv show, then by all means make a Squirrel Girl game TellTale!

• Thumbs Up 3

Waste of a license if you ask me.

I want to play as the Marvel characters, not watch an interactive comic book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY

This is gonna be interesting.

My main concern right now is that TellTale is juggling between so many projects, with a few others also still being under works. For example, Walking Dead Season 2 felt inconsistent because the episodes were written by a selection of a few writers that had to alternate between other TellTale projects. 

Hopefully they will be able to juggle all of this, plus a Minecraft TellTale game and something on the scale of Marvel. But still, I wanna see what Telltale's gonna do with this partnership.

This is...confusing? Unless I'm mistaken, and forgive me if I am as I don't play their games, but doesn't Telltale usually like to build their own extended cast to play off into an already created universe? I can understand why, as it allows the new character to develop with the player's choices without the risk of breaking an established character, but...would they just create some new superhero or something?

Anyway, setting my obliviousness aside, I don't know how to feel about this. They're damn good storytellers from what I know, though, so I'll probably wait for more information to be released before I set expectations.

There's only one character I want this to be about. Fucking Moon Knight. I want my schizophrenic street level Egyptian avatar madman dammit!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully the game has a new engine/is functional and they actually patch their game-breaking bugs. 

Yeah, I haven't played a single Telltale game since Walking Dead Season 1. 

This has potential to be something cool, depending on the poperty they use.

Of course I have no idea where they're going with this, but if there's anyone Marvel that I think would be perfect for a Telltale game, it's definitely would be Howard the Duck.

Howard's comics were always satire and parodies of social life. His main deal is that he's trying to live a normal life but always catches shit just for either being a alien duck or from people who are just assholes. And if that's not the case, he gets roped into adventures with other Marvel heroes, mercs and etc. that he wants absolutely no part of and gets the short end of the stick with it.

He does get into fights, sure. He knows Quack Fu. But the social aspects were more of a strong point in his stories and I think that could work wonders for a telltale game.

Still... I wonder what it could be? I'm curious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please be Squirrel Girl please be Squirrel Giiiirl!

I've never read the comics but the character looks so CUTE and her superpower is amazing like, seriously, talking to squirrels how cool is that?!

If we can't get a movie or tv show, then by all means make a Squirrel Girl game TellTale!

I will play the hell out of a squirrel girl game if it's good. Bouns if she get's involved in the Great Lake Avengers.

My main concern right now is that TellTale is juggling between so many projects, with a few others also still being under works. For example, Walking Dead Season 2 felt inconsistent because the episodes were written by a selection of a few writers that had to alternate between other TellTale projects. 

Hopefully they will be able to juggle all of this, plus a Minecraft TellTale game and something on the scale of Marvel. But still, I wanna see what Telltale's gonna do with this partnership.

Honestly this has been my main concern for Telltale since Sam and Max Season 2, and that was before they started working on more than one game at a time. Don't get me wrong, Season 3 of Sam and Max and The Walking Dead Season 1 were both great, and there's not much to fault The Wolf Among Us either. However, release dates have gradually fallen farther apart and quality is inconsistent as you say.

Just checked release dates on Wikipedia. It took almost as long for the first three episodes of The Wolf Among Us to be released as it did for the entireity of Sam and Max Season 1. Admittedly, two episodes of TWD2 were released in that same time period, but that only leads us to inconsistency.

I'm not saying a Marvel Telltale game can't be great. Just, it would be nice if they could focus on one franchise at a time and really let it become something bigger. I'm not sure they even need the episodic format anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not saying a Marvel Telltale game can't be great. Just, it would be nice if they could focus on one franchise at a time and really let it become something bigger. I'm not sure they even need the episodic format anymore.

I actually said the same thing in the TT topic on here. The quality of their games has arguably gone done if you go by Metacritic/User-Scores/User-Consensus. Some of them are even riddled with bugs.

It's not just having so many projects too, it's the amount of platforms. They're hitting almost every single platform from Xbox to iOS to Android, and they're working on 50 games at once. I remember Walking Dead having crashing issues on iOS and save deleting issues on console/PC. There's just no way to test for quality control with that big of spread of workload.

Was already said before, but they really need to stop making a dozen of episodic games franchises at the same time. They're short but it's still too much workload.

I've lost faith in Telltale after the TWD S2 and TWAU double whammy. TWD was mediocre at best and TWAU was just okay. Neither touch TWD S1 and their name is no longer a sign of quality for me.

I can't be the only one seeing the hilarious irony in this?

Yeah I did wonder when someone would bring this up.

This is a videogame medium, you have all these different genres and all these potential characters to play as, and you're going to be restricted to a QTE fest from a company who has had 1 decent title and the rest are usually somewhat allright or a complete buggy mess. Hell, even their 1 hit has tons of problems on some platforms.

It just seems like a complete waste of a license to have it limited to a QTE adventure when you have so many other ways to better represent why people like super heroes so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

It just seems like a complete waste of a license to have it limited to a QTE adventure when you have so many other ways to better represent why people like super heroes so much.

The Marvel license isn't exclusive to TT. Other publishers will continue to use their license.

There are A LOT of people that like these games. It's not really the "QTE Adventure" part that appeals, it's the interaction you have with other characters/objects in the world and the story.

Yeah I did wonder when someone would bring this up.

This is a videogame medium, you have all these different genres and all these potential characters to play as, and you're going to be restricted to a QTE fest from a company who has had 1 decent title and the rest are usually somewhat allright or a complete buggy mess. Hell, even their 1 hit has tons of problems on some platforms.

I don't even get where you're trying to go with this. Other Marvel games will continue to exist as they always have. Why not try something different?

Hell, at least this game is trying something the other 500 Marvel games has done. I just don't understand for the life of me how this is bad from a conceptual standpoint

• Thumbs Up 2

One problem j have with TellTale is that their recent titles are less like a point and click game and more like cinematic choose-your-own adventure game. Most of the time you're not even controlling your character! A recent example is Game of Thrones, where it feels like you're just watching an episode of the show while clicking dialogue trees. I wouldn't really call that a game IMO, and I would be pretty disappointed if this Marvel "game" turns out the same way.

• Thumbs Up 1