Awoo.

''Holy Edge Batman! - Frank Miller is writing another terrible comic on us!''

Ryannumber1gamer

Again, keep in mind that even The Dark Knight Strikes Again isn't his worst work with Batman, that being All Star Batman & Robin where he turned Batman into a murdering psychopath who kidnapped Dick Grayson, attempted to force him to become Robin, called him retarded, and left him in the Batcave, telling him that if he's hungry, he is to go hunt and eat rats. When Alfred tries to give the boy some help, Miller then has Batman treat Alfred like total dirt.

There's a reason Linkara calls Miller's Batman "Crazy Steve". Oh and also, All-Star Batman & Robin takes place in the same canon as Dark Knight Returns and Year One. That's right, those great stories take place in the Batman Universe where Superman is an idiot, And the rest of the Justice League are just terrible. I can't explain what he even did to Wonder Woman, (if you want the full story on that, go see Linkara's atop the forth wall episodes on the series) and Batman is a psychopath that's runs around doing awful things to people.

• Thumbs Up 2

No one actually dies in the animated movie.

Now you see in the animated universe I can accept it.

Since the animated movies are targeted towards kids, they never kill the villains, but they also don't let any civilians die (at least in the Animated Series, Mask of the Phantasm had deaths but they were all villains.)

If no civilians die, I feel it's a successful operation. My problem is like in the Arkham games is where Joker goes so far as to blow up skyscrapers and the only punishment is bruises and broken bones.

I can take villains never being defeated, as long as they also never succeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait a second,

There is deaths in Under the Red Hood. Both Red Hood and Joker go on rampages, killing people, with Red Hood he kills drug dealers and criminals but Joker kills a good 4 or 5 of Black Mask's guards in about 10 seconds.

frank_miller_shortpacked.png

All I know is that Netflix Daredevil and Nolan Batman are both heavily based on Miller's work so obviously he did some of the best comic book shit in his prime.

Everything Batman in the past 30 years except Batman and Robin (and even that had clear elements, just dumbed down ridiculously), that shitty Batman cartoon and Brave and the Bold have been invariably based on either Dark Knight Returns or Killing Joke. I would say this is actually very unfortunate, since it has made "generic grimdark Batman fighting The 1980s" the go to punchline for the character when hacky writers get ahold of the character, even leaking into subsequent rereleases of the comic.

In essence, Dark Knight Returns has done just as much to color popular public perception of "Batman" as a concept as the Adam West series did.

Dick Grayson

Age Twelve.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Age Twelve.

All-Star Crazy Steve and Dick Grayson Age Twelve

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

...What is even happening with that cover? Joker's on the ground bleeding, okay, sure, but I swear something is wrong with the angle Batman is at there.

Don't worry guys, considering it's Frank Miller, I'm sure we'll get an even more horrid variant cover featuring a well known heroine in something skimpy. After all, he proved in 2012 or so that he still thinks that's what people come to see in a Batman comic.

Detective_Comics_Vol_2_27_Frank_Miller_V

...What is even happening with that cover? Joker's on the ground bleeding, okay, sure, but I swear something is wrong with the angle Batman is at there.

It doesn't even make sense in the context of the story - The Joker dies in the Tunnel of Love at a theme park, it very hard to rain in a tunnel of love. 

I actually didn't know Miller had cancer but I really don't know if that's enough of a justification after Holy Terror, that may sound really awful but I'm not saying a bad book means you shouldn't give a dying man work, I'm saying that it clearly showed how xenophobic and sexist this man (dying or noy) has become and do you really want to employ someone like that? Plus if someone expressed view like he has in a regular employment (I dunno, a restaurant or a Tescos) they'd more than likely sack him. I grant you that this is Dan DiDio's post-Nu52 DC and they like to keep an almost monthly schedule of doing morally dubious or just plain stupid things but all the same.  

Yeah, Frank Millar was once a bi-word for quality, his run on Daredevil, his two Batman stories (Dark Knight and Year One), Big Guy & The Rusty the Boy Robot, his early Sin City arcs, hell even his fill-in issue of Marvel Team-Up, all living up to his hype but like a few of his fellow superstars of late 70's and 80's (John Byrne, Chris Claremont...) he's lost his touch, gone downhill into bizarreness, offensiveness and poor writing and no one at Marvel or DC seems to notice or care. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So...turns out this is getting 30 different variant covers.

This is going to be one horrid thing of horror when it releases. Considering how he's been getting worse and worse, and considering the fucking logo of this entire joke of a comic is Superman's logo in blood, I can already tell this isn't going to turn out good.

Oh god. No. No. NO. NO!

I don't understand how this is happening. Surely after the All Star Batman and Robin and Holy Terror fiascos DC would know not to continue producing comics with this madman? I admit I haven't read any of his comics, but I've been following Linkara's videos for years, and... yikes. Maybe by some divine miracle he'll actually make a good story for this one... one can only hope.

So...turns out this is getting 30 different variant covers.

This is going to be one horrid thing of horror when it releases. Considering how he's been getting worse and worse, and considering the fucking logo of this entire joke of a comic is Superman's logo in blood, I can already tell this isn't going to turn out good.

Whut.

o_o Geez, and I thought Sonic comics could get a bit silly with the number of variants! How much would it cost to collect all of those, anyway? I'm not terribly familiar with American pricing. And what is with Frank's Superman hate anyway?