Awoo.

P.T. Silent Hills "There is pain here..."

Badnik Mechanic

Ok... I know there was a topic on this game somewhere, because I made it, but I cannot find it at all, I've used google search, searched this forum going back by 10 pages, no results, but oddly, I'm sure it was made during E3, yet all the E3 topics are still active?

Anyway...

P.T. Was announced at last years Sony E3 Conference, it was said to be a 'playable teaser' for an unannounced game... After the trailer showed, they simply said "It's available to download, now..." however, you couldn't just find it on the store, you have to manually search for it in order to find it.

Well... what followed was one of the biggest mysteries and surprising reveals of all, P.T. was actually a trailer for a new game, Silent Hills.

Kojima & Guillermo del Toro were the ones behind it, and actor Norman Reedus was going to be the lead in the game.

The teaser is incredible, it's really tense, really scary, really makes you think. It's a really great game, and yes I call it a game not demo, because it arguably has more content/lasts longer than some paid for games. 

And it's free...

If you have a PS4, you NEED to try this game out.

And now for the bad news... 

It looks like it's going to be pulled from April 29th 2015. 

b5CLrjB.png

No idea why this is happening, though I suspect it's something to do with the whole Kojima and Konami thing.

If you don't own a PS4, but have a Sony account, for gods sake, get a copy of this game stored on your account, log into the webstore and find it!

And if you don't have a sony system, get an account by some means and get this game logged to that account, you do not want to miss your chance at getting this. 

Ah Silent Hils. Yet another hyped and good looking game to get thrown into development hell. What a shame.

At least it was able to be played before it went to Development Hell. That's a record.

God dammit.

Well, to be honest, I wasn't totally convinced this was gonna save Silent Hill anyway.  It probably would have been good, but there were some iffy bits that had me a bit worried.  Like how the last trailer had some pretty over the top stuff in it, and how PT had jump scares for death screens (the original games never, EVER did that).  And while PT's atmosphere was still great, it still had some very strange decisions that were more silly than scary, like the bit where the fetus starts talking to you.  While PT was indeed scary and better than ANYTHING the series has put out since the original 3 (or 4, I haven't played 4), I had the feeling that Kojima was gonna be a bit less subtle with some of that stuff.

But I was still very much looking forward to it.  Even if it didn't live up to the old games, I would've expected it to be a good experience nonetheless.  If this points towards total cancellation, that's a real shame.

While I'm personally not a Slient Hill fan, it's a shame to hear that Silent Hills, the first good looking Slient Hill game in years was cancelled.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel wrecked for Del Toro, as far as I'm aware literally every game project he's ever attempted has failed. 

Konami, what the fuck are you doing?

• Thumbs Up 4

Well that sucks. 

I guess Kojima really will be leaving Konami at the end of the year. Good for him. Seriously, fuck Konami!

I just hope The Phantom Pain still turns out to be awesome, because if not, then what little credibility Konami have left will be gone. 

"In my restless dreams, I see that town.

Silent Hill.

You promised me you'd take me there again someday. But you never did."

Silent Hill 2 called this.

Guys, even if you don't own a PS4 or have a Sony system, get a PSN account, and get this game downloaded and stored to it, I cannot stress just how good this is, you don't want to be in a position where you've missed out on this one.

Guys, even if you don't own a PS4 or have a Sony system, get a PSN account, and get this game downloaded and stored to it, I cannot stress just how good this is, you don't want to be in a position where you've missed out on this one.

Mind linking a tutorial on how we non-PS owners can get this downloaded onto our PSN accounts?

So does it save in a Queue ala how the download history works on XBL or do you actually download a copy somewhere?

Mind you I'm not a PS owner but I did get a PSN account way back ago.

When you download it, it'll be saved onto a download list on your account. Even if the game is removed, it'll remain on your download list

Eh. I'm kind indifferent about this.

One hand I'm kind of glad that P.T. isn't going to be a full fledged game but hear me out on this one. It was a really well done demo/teaser in its own right to be called a game by itself. However I did have my fears on the final project. There have been games in the past that had a great preview for the game, like Dead Island for example, only to have the actual game fall face down in the dirt. I don't doubt that P.T. wouldn't be a bad game but the Silent Hill series has been pretty subpar as of late as much as I don't want to admit but its still a worrying fact. But I think the only good thing about it being cancelled as a game P.T. doesn't have /any/ context to it. Just things happen and that's what made it terrifying in the first place. P.T. is the gaming generation's Eraserhead now and part of me doesn't wanna see that change.

But of course it really does bum me out that P.T. did get cancelled. This game has creativity in the horror side of gaming that we rarely see these days and honestly when have we ever had a game that legitimately scared you as P.T.? Ok besides Five Nights at Freddy's but I digress. Its a shame that we lost a potentially well done game with just a great team of creative people. I can praise the game forever but I don't feel the need to say "fuck you Konami" only because shit happens and it was too great to happen in a sense. It just leaves a bittersweet ending to this game in a sense with a big emphasis on bitter.

TL:DR So long P.T. You were the best that ever was. ;A;

Though I kind of hate playing devil's advocate on this on. Oh well.

• Thumbs Up 2

So does it save in a Queue ala how the download history works on XBL or do you actually download a copy somewhere?

Mind you I'm not a PS owner but I did get a PSN account way back ago.

Pretty much.

When you make an account on the PSN and then go to buy something on the store (even free games), it gets put on your download history.

It's then there permanently, even if the game is taken down from the PSN, you can still access it/download it.

The more beautiful thing about this, if you get it on one account, download it to a system, then log in with your main account, you can still play that game.

That's why if you don't have an account, or not sure if you'll get a PS4 anytime soon, get the game anyway, then use that account as a mule to get the game onto your system when/if you eventually get a PS4.

• Thumbs Up 1

When trying to download this in my browser it displays 'unable to find this page'.

Welp, and I'm pretty much done with Konami. Will buy MGS5 used if possible.

Eh. I'm kind indifferent about this.

[...]

P.T. was going to be standalone regardless, it had nothing to do with the actual Silent Hill. Not a preview or demo.