Awoo.

P.T. Silent Hills "There is pain here..."

Badnik Mechanic

Just made a PSN account but I can't find PT on the website?! D: 

I'll be getting a PS4 at some point this year and really don't want to miss out on this.

Not sure what's going on but I can't find the game on the webstore anymore.

Yeah I should probably mention that link was for the US store, no idea if europe has its own.  If you can't find it on the EU store you might just make a US account to put it on.  

Was anyone actually expecting it to survive? I was under the impression Kojima was the only reason this existed at all.

Welp, and I'm pretty much done with Konami. Will buy MGS5 used if possible.

P.T. was going to be standalone regardless, it had nothing to do with the actual Silent Hill. Not a preview or demo.

I'm guessing you're wanting to buy it used as a way of saying your support for the last Kojima Metal Gear Solid Game but decreases the money as payback for Konami cancelling PT.

Shame the game got cancelled, I heard many people liked the game. Even my friend who got it found it to be a great horror game. I would get the game to show my respects but me and horror games don't mix well since the paranoia always send me hurdeling into an anxiety attack.

Something to, I for lack of a better term, keep in mind is that in Konami has a bunch of other business ventures going on in Japan that don't hit the west, video games have become this weird side thing Konami is also doing.  Here's a list off Wikipedia:

Konami Corporation

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Konami Sports & Life Co., Ltd.
Konami Real Estate, Inc.
KPE, Inc.
Konami Manufacturing and Service, Inc.
Konami Facility Service, Inc.
KME Co., Ltd.
Takasago Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
Hudson Soft Company, Limited: On 2011-01-20, Konami Corporation announced turning Hudson Soft Co., Ltd. as its wholly subsidiary via share exchange. The exchange became effective on 2011-04-01.[9]
DIGITAL GOLF Inc.: On 2011-01-20, Konami Corporation announced the acquisition of DIGITAL GOLF Inc. via share exchange. DIGITAL GOLF would become a wholly owned subsidiary of Konami Corporation. The exchange became effective on 2011-03-01.[10]
Internet Revolution, Inc.
Biz Share Corporation
Combi Wellness Corporation
THE CLUB AT YEBISU GARDEN CO., LTD.

So basically Konami is more interested in gyms and real estate at the moment.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Konami hath spoken....

They confirm that Reedus is no longer on board.

With regards to Silent Hill specifically.... they said "We will continue to develop the Silent Hill series."

... ... it's dead jim... .. .. I'm sad now... =(

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/konami-responds-to-silent-hills-cancellation-claim/1100-6426908/

Konami's full statement is as follows...

Why has the image of Norman Reedus disappeared from the official website?
This is because our contract period with him has expired.

Why is "P.T." no longer available on Playstation Network?
Because the distribution period has expired.

What will happen with regard to "SILENT HILL"?
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will continue to develop the "SILENT HILL" series.

What will happen with regard to "P.T."?
P.T. was purely created to be a playable teaser for "SILENT HILL."

What do you mean by "playable teaser"?
The playable teaser was a trial edition of "SILENT HILLS" intended to give players an idea of the game concept.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-26-silent-hills-is-dead-actor-norman-reedus-confirms

What's the point of releasing a statement like that if all you're going to do is dodge questions?

• Thumbs Up 2

Meanwhile, at Neogaf...

fuck-this-thing-cat5eu46.gif

H4smbnK.gif

O1vqPMl.gif

Really ridiculous Konami did this, considering how well-received P.T. was; though the moment Kojima (who along with del Toro was the driving force behind it) was booted from the company make this action somewhat inevitable. I've read many a comment at GAF about people swearing Konami off for good after buying MGSV (used).

• Thumbs Up 5

Was anyone actually expecting it to survive? I was under the impression Kojima was the only reason this existed at all.

Not really no. Without Kojima at the helm, I had a feeling that Konami would be stupid enough to cancel the entire project. And lo!

Mind you I'm not a fan of Silent Hill, but it would've been great to see a GOOD Silent Hill game for once. Fuck you Konami. =I

Konami has just confirmed that they have cancelled P.T. Silent Hills....

Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic ‘Silent Hills’ project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued.

In terms of Kojima and Del Toro being involved, discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway, and please stay tuned for further announcements.

• Thumbs Up 3

Quick, someone head to eBay and see if PS4s with PT installed are up yet! I'm at college and can't get on eBay.

There will be people who will actually do this. I can see people selling a PSN account which aside from P.T is completely blank for $1000 at least.

I have never played any Silent Hill games but as a gamer this cancellation raises a few questions. Like that isn't Konami have anybody who could continue the project with current existing material? After all, P.T was highly praised. And if they don't have anybody, well how is Konami still a game developer?

And also, they will still make MG-games. I guess that that franchise will finally get the same treatment that almost all longrunning series have unfortunately gotten.

Oh boy...

Konami today revealed that it voluntarily delisted itself from the New York Stock exchange, effective April 24.

The news comes hours after the company confirmed that it had killed off Silent Hills, the latest in the survival horror franchise. The game was to involve the work of Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro and feature the likeness of Norman Reedus.

It's unclear what if any impact this might have on the company moving forward. In today's release, Konami officials wrote that the company will still share financial statements and other information in english, though they will no longer be obligated to under the Exchange Act.

The company will be deregistered with the SEC effective July 12, reporting obligations will be terminated July 23.

Konami remains listed in London and Toyko, and shares can still be traded in the U.S. on the over-the-counter market, according to the release.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Konami is the SquareEnix of this gen. Disappointments all around.

If Konami announce they leave the vidéo-game market, i will not be surprised at this point.

Not necessarily a bad thing, maybe they could sell their franchises to people that will put them to good use instead of outsourcing to shitty studios / not using them at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever happened between Kojima and Konami which resulted in them firing him (now just a contractor), has had quite the backlash. 

I hope Konami haven't interfered and fucked with The Phantom Pain, because if they have.......well, if they aren't dead now, they soon will be.

For a minute I thought you were talking about some other Konami. I knew the company via Yu-Gi-Oh.

I don't know and I have never played Silent Hills, but hearing all this stuff happening, all I can say is that's a downer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Super Bunnyhop made a video on the situation between Konami and Kojima. In the video, he was basing his thoughts out of an anonymous source who answered his question regarding the possibility of Konami switching focus to mobile and gambling games.

He also has a edited transcript of the email from the source.

wZrhM7V.jpg

It's more or less a rumor, but as pointed out in the video what the anonymous source says hits home into Konami's recent business actions.

• Thumbs Up 2

For people in the EU. This link should work for the webstore!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/pt-demo/cid=EP4511-CUSA01114_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT

Edit: Sign into the store via your browser, 'click save login info' then close that tab, then re-open the link, it should take you to the page.

I saw Alphaomegasin's video about it just last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYz8jybXmdk

Needless to say; despite me not being a huge fan of the Silent Hill series, I'm still sadden the fact that this game might not ever come to fruition because I wanted to see what it would look like done be Kojima Productions after being pleasantly surprised by the P.T. demo.

• Thumbs Up 1