Awoo.

P.T. Silent Hills "There is pain here..."

Badnik Mechanic

So I tried this out of curiosity. I'll get the complaints out of the way:

- The "find the picture pieces" and "walk 10 exact steps" puzzles are absolute bullshit. There's no way any normal person can figure this out. Tell me you beat this blindly and I won't believe you, no matter what you say. Even the old KQ games weren't this obtuse.

Aside from that, this is plain brilliance. The atmosphere is terrifying, the loop structure is used to great effect, the way it teaches you how to play is immersive and clear and the graphics look fantastic.

Too bad nothing will come of it.

Just when you think Konami can't get anymore stupid. 

ZxSmKub.png

hd1nQY4.png

It's gone, forever, Konami have made it so that even if you own the game, you cannot re-download it. 

Unless it's saved on your HDD, you will NEVER be able to play PT. 

They have completely killed anyone new from playing it. 

Konami has literally killed the game.

Edit: Download still works in Europe! Be quick EU users, odds are it'll go when the store updates later today.

Well, shit.

Wonder if you can just download the PT data onto your PS4 via an external hard drive or something...

What the hell would they gain from this?The only thing I can seriously assume, is that Konami out of bitterness and dickishness decided to keep more people from enjoying it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently the countdown timer folks have been talking about is just for PS+; the originator of the images is based in Germany, where PT was PS+ exclusive, and the timer was until his PS+ ran out.

So yeah. In response to P.T. and Hideo Kojima, the devs of Goat Simulator added this to the game's credits.

11164571_429559303880594_270985608289155

• Thumbs Up 8

Konami you fucking suck.

Also there is another way to survive PT.

PS4 has a system backup function. Backup the HD and it completely copies PT and can be restored on a new fresh system. 

• Thumbs Up 3

A-Holes.gif

It's like Konami is trying their hardest to hide any evidence of Silent Hills. =/

• Thumbs Up 4

More like they've basically gave up on trying to make people happy and like them, and are throwing the industries biggest tantrum. There's really no reason they should be being this large of a dick to people otherwise.

Again, these guys are making Capcom, EA and Ubisoft look like they're just as great as Nintendo in term of caring about things.

• Thumbs Up 2

Konami are fucking assholes. They have absolutely no fucking right to stop people from selling a product that they bought. If they didn't want P.T going for high prices, they shouldn't have been such cunts to remove it from the store in the first place.

Konami are greedy pricks.

I was never a Silent Hill fan. In fact, I'm not even much of a horror fan, period. I'm someone who missed my chance at nabbing it...probably should have anyways, though it probably wouldn't be to my tastes anyways.

That said, I know how Silent Hill fans feel. Sounds like it had potential to be a good title, expecially with some good talent involved. Such a shame they won't get to experience the full version.

Konami's really gonna have to get their crap together if they plan on even having a future.

I'm pretty ignorant in matters like this, but can't the demo somehow be downloaded onto drives or computers? Surely it can be saved somehow, right?

Wow. Just wow, looks like people were right about Konami doing this and taking down YouTube vids.:/

I'm pretty ignorant in matters like this, but can't the demo somehow be downloaded onto drives or computers? Surely it can be saved somehow, right?

The PS4 offers a HDD backup service, which is one way to save the game.

But as for this... I really don't know, it might be possible to trick the PS4 into thinking it's an earlier date and allowing the content to unlock. e.g. disable internet and set the local clock back in time (this was possible for some demos on the PS3).

But I honestly don't know.

Oh god look at this!

CEUsZ8EW0AAUrH1.jpg

This one is earlier, so the dates differ on region!

Maybe it depends on when it was downloaded?

Whatever the case, fuck you Konami you pricks. 

God damn it Konami, you used to be fucking rad with Contra and Castlevania.

But now it seems that recently, you can't go a day without rapidly shitting yourself and telling everyone about it.

Kill me now, kill me now

bloody murder, bloody murder

edit: well, it isn't expiring then?

still doesn't mean that they're doing any better, I guess. 

Will this work like the original, timed Sonic Generations demo? If it does, just disconnect from the internet and set your clock back to before the expiration date. It should work.

I mean, it worked for me for that Generations demo (since my Xbox 360 resets its date back to 2005 if unplugged and isn't connected to the internet). Though, if this works differently, then I got nothing.

EDIT: well nevermind then I guess