Awoo.

P.T. Silent Hills "There is pain here..."

Badnik Mechanic

This really will be the final fuck you if true.

• Thumbs Up 3

According to Rooster Teeth's source, Silent Hills is 80% complete

Microsoft is trying to purchase the property for "billions" of dollars by E3 this year

rh7ChNc.gif

Konami are fucking stupid but they would not cancel an 80% complete game. Silent Hills was nowhere near complete. In fact, it never even happened beyond a teaser.

Also holy shit Silent Hill is not worth "billions". $2.5 billion is what they bought Minecraft for, and Silent Hills is supposed to equate to that? Not a chance.

This rumor is garbage of the highest order.

• Thumbs Up 7

If this happens, they are fucking backstabbing pricks.

How do you justify releasing a highly praised interactive demo exclusively to PS4, only to say fuck all of you, the game's cancelled and we're going to do every thing in our ability to stop you from playing it, and then basically say 

and then release it on Xbox One?

If Konami do it, they can go fuck themselves. I will have lost any tiny little shred of respect left for them.

Not buying this one bit. Even if it's the case, it would be finished without support from Kojima and Del Toro, influencing the quality of the product (and as we know, Microsoft is not really good in handling its own first part IPs).

Bottomline, true or false there is, it does not mean good at all for the game.

You gotta admit though, everything about this rumor does seem like classic Microsoft tactics. Even the part about paying "billions" of dollars for a franchise sounds like something they would totally do, lol.

The question is, if the rumor is true, then are Kojima and Del Toro also secretly on board with Microsoft?

Even if this rumour is true, unless Microsoft miraculously manage to get Kojima back on the project, the acquisition will basically mean jack shit to pretty much everyone who was interested in this game. Also, I could not even understand for the life of me why they sunk $2.5 billion into Minecraft, let alone Silent Hills. With that amount of money you could create at least two big blockbuster exclusives, maybe even more.

Microsoft spending tons of money on a franchise just to make it "exclusive" would not surprise me, but I hope it's not true in this case. P.T. was just a teaser to hype people, they hadn't even started development on the main game yet! Not to mention with Kojima and Del Toro not being involved anymore I don't think I'd want to see it in Microsoft's hands. .-.

Even if this rumour is true, unless Microsoft miraculously manage to get Kojima back on the project, the acquisition will basically mean jack shit to pretty much everyone who was interested in this game. Also, I could not even understand for the life of me why they sunk $2.5 billion into Minecraft, let alone Silent Hills. With that amount of money you could create at least two big blockbuster exclusives, maybe even more.

Because Microsoft can't actually be bothered to develop their own exclusives so they just decide to throw money at greedy developers for timed exclusives. It's even fucking stupider for Minecraft considering that only gave Xbox players exclusive DLC, nothing more. 

Man, you guys must really hate the Xbox. :V

I wonder if my dad would play this if it released on the Xbox One... I wouldn't, I hate horror games. But I'd like to see his reactions. XP

I can't believe you guys are giving this rumor your attention. It's so obviously fake.

There's 0 chance the game is 80% finished or that Microsoft would pay a billion dollars for it. And then this is all from some random Youtuber.

And Nightwing's comments are also dumb. Microsoft does develop its own exclusives and Minecraft was a good investment for them considering how much money it makes them. And Sony has been buying a bunch of timed exclusive games, DLC and marketing themselves so making that about Microsoft is nonsensical.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't hate Xbox at all, the 360 pre-2010 is one of my all time favourite consoles and the Xbox One looks pretty decent as well (although it's just not for me). It's just that Microsoft are adamant about pulling this shit at every chance they get when they can funnel that amount of money into proper first party titles, not just third party titles that were intended to be released in multiple platforms. Not only is it nonsensical, but it hurts the consumer in general. Microsoft should be creating their own incentives for buying an Xbox One, not taking things away from people who don't.

It's okay to feel displeased with a company when they pull bullshit like this, and it just so happens that Microsoft have made a habit out of it. If they didn't do it, there wouldn't be a problem. I don't understand why they can't in the very least commission a couple of third party studios to work on first party games for them instead of bribing third party games. Sony did it with Bloodborne and LittleBigPlanet 3 and Nintendo did it with Hyrule Warriors.

I don't hate Xbox at all, the 360 pre-2010 is one of my all time favourite consoles and the Xbox One looks pretty decent as well (although it's just not for me). It's just that Microsoft are adamant about pulling this shit at every chance they get when they can funnel that amount of money into proper first party titles, not just third party titles that were intended to be released in multiple platforms. Not only is it nonsensical, but it hurts the consumer in general. Microsoft should be creating their own incentives for buying an Xbox One, not taking things away from people who don't.

You realize Silent Hills is cancelled, right? Them getting the game finished would be the same Nintendo did with Bayonetta 2.

It's okay to feel displeased with a company when they pull bullshit like this, and it just so happens that Microsoft have made a habit out of it. If they didn't do it, there wouldn't be a problem. I don't understand why they can't in the very least commission a couple of third party studios to work on first party games for them instead of bribing third party games. Sony did it with Bloodborne and LittleBigPlanet 3 and Nintendo did it with Hyrule Warriors.

Scalebound? Sunset Overdrive? Quantum Break?

The difference is Microsoft generally let's developers keep the IP, as far as I know.

Their are some pretty absurd holes in this rumor (like why rooster teeth for starters? yeah they are a news outlet now but its odd) but it doesn't sound impossible for something like them to do.

Man, you guys must really hate the Xbox. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

You have no idea, this board is 90% Sony and Nintendo fans and thats being generous.

Anyway, regarding the legitimacy of the rumour, the one big thing that does make it seem implausible is the claim that the game is 80% done. I highly doubt this personally, as IIRC development only started recently (though I could be and probably am wrong, I haven't been following the development of this game very closely). It could go either way, but without Kojima I personally think that the project should just be able to rest in peace. What's a piece of art without the artist behind it?

Lol it's really not. 

It's more 90% Nintendo 8% sony and 3% Microsoft. With a 1% margin of error.

The 3% MS I can agree with but theres allot more SONY fans now here, I would say a good 20% actually.

EDIT:

When Microsoft him and haws (Ex. "we have no comment about this rumor at this time" or some PR bull) they are up to something, but when they flat out say no like this its true to take them on their word. Yep, sorry guys looks like RT got fooled.

I don't think anyone thought this was legit. Something Microsoft would totally do, sure, but that's where the truth really ends.

Honestly though, if this were ever true, pretty sure almost everyone that isn't an Xbox owner would hate it being brought back out of spite that Microsoft is being Microsoft and buying a ip they never showed interest in that was never even intended for its console(hence the pt demo being sony exclusive in the first place) unlike something like the new tomb raider which is just timed(though that's still a joke to me as tomb raider sold best on Sony systems iirc), or prefer it dead as it wouldn't be the same without Kojima and del toro. In essence, it being revived is cool, but if its gonna belong to Microsoft exclusively, don't be surprised or confused as to why people are turned off by that.

I mean imagine if FFXV or Kingdom Hears 3 went under, and Microsoft revived them as exclusive titles for the Xbone. It just wouldn't be or feel right, and would feel like a slap in the face.

I don't think anyone thought this was legit. Something Microsoft would totally do, sure, but that's where the truth really ends.

Honestly though, if this were ever true, pretty sure almost everyone that isn't an Xbox owner would hate it being brought back out of spite that Microsoft is being Microsoft and buying a ip they never showed interest in that was never even intended for its console(hence the pt demo being sony exclusive in the first place) unlike something like the new tomb raider which is just timed(though that's still a joke to me as tomb raider sold best on Sony systems iirc), or prefer it dead as it wouldn't be the same without Kojima and del toro. In essence, it being revived is cool, but if its gonna belong to Microsoft exclusively, don't be surprised or confused as to why people are turned off by that.

I mean imagine if FFXV or Kingdom Hears 3 went under, and Microsoft revived them as exclusive titles for the Xbone. It just wouldn't be or feel right, and would feel like a slap in the face.

Only if you are really petty.

• Thumbs Up 1

How is it petty to find something like KH3 being exclusive to Microsoft supremely moronic? It's not even console fanboyism here, it's logic. Why would it be a good idea when not a single previous entry popped up on any Microsoft system, the market Microsoft go for never really asked for it, and the majority of fans are on the opposing systems. Why would it be petty and trivial to find it being on something like the Xbone exclusively wrong? I mean heck, it'd be smarter to put it on Wii u if you ask me.

I did say cool if its alive, I just don't see any particular benefit for anyone really for doing so.(this applies to SH, and my hypothetical KH3 point).

Anyway, yeah no one was surprised, so we can move on and be sad about this again.

The benefit for fans is that they get to play a game they otherwise wouldn't.

For MS it's a more diverse line-up and money.

• Thumbs Up 1