Awoo.

P.T. Silent Hills "There is pain here..."

Badnik Mechanic

Unless people don't wanna buy another console altogether just to play it. It'd financially do worse obviously on a system that's install base isn't nearly as huge, and a lot of those people aren't going to shovel out the cash for a console just for one game, when they a console they already prefer and enjoy. I want a Smash U, but Im not buying a entire console just so I can play that and one or two other games. Meanwhile, I'm wanting to get a PS4 for multiple titles, and I'm more familiar and used to the Sony brand.

One game isn't gonna guarantee those fans will switch or purchase the console with that game.

Edit: as for the diversity lineup, I'm gonna just point to Jim sterlings video on exclusivity.

The benefit for fans is that they get to play a game they otherwise wouldn't.

Except the rumor is that Microsoft offered to buy the Silent Hill IP before Silent Hills was cancelled by Konami, and not afterwards.

In other words, we may still have gotten Silent Hills on PS4 if Microsoft hadn't stepped in and bought up the IP, if the rumor is true.

The amount of money involved is what made me think the whole thing was a bit unrealistic, especially when you combo that with the game being "80% complete" despite everyone involved acting like they had just started.

It would be amazing if this game is completed and released but I'm not holding out hope, especially when it comes to rumors. I'll believe it's not dead when I see it's not dead, pretty much.

Except the rumor is that Microsoft offered to buy the Silent Hill IP before Silent Hills was cancelled by Konami, and not afterwards.

In other words, we may still have gotten Silent Hills on PS4 if Microsoft hadn't stepped in and bought up the IP, if the rumor is true.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a bump on this. Silent Hills may have been cancelled and P.T torn from us, but hope is not all lost. Kojima and Del Toro are still in contact and interested in still working together. What could they possibly do I wonder?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/24/silent-hills-kojima-del-toro-still-plan-to-work-on-new-project

Yeah, they're going to make not-Silent Hill's and go right to Kickstarter. No problem with that btw.

Inb4, Kickstarter project.

They'd have no problem getting enough funds if they did a Kickstarter thanks to how good PT is.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since this is pretty much the Silent Hill thread of the now, I guess I can post this here. We're still getting a Silent Hill game ... of sorts, fitting Konami's new vision:

... Huzzah??? 

new silent hill game

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-08/06/new-silent-hill-game-will-have-fans-in-tears

the latest entry in the much-vaunted horror series is a pachinko machine.

The newly revealed 'game' is steeped in Silent Hill lore, at least. It's based on the events of Silent Hill 2 -- or so the trailer would have us believe, and yes, pachinko is popular enough in Japan that new cabinets get trailers. Then again, Konami could just be trolling us all by tying arguably the series' finest entry to a loud, flashy gambling machine.

No doubt they'll make a Metal Gear Pachinko game next.

Edited by BenderTheBatman
  • Thumbs Up 8

The Silent Hills slot machine looks so intimidating I doubt anybody would want to play on the actual machine haha

Also I don't understand why Konami is trying to market these things so dramatically and are using such licenses. They don't deem successful to me anyways because they look like they're trying to be cool with all of the ridiculous flair and effects all over it. It's a fucking gambling machine, not a super-marketed Free-to-Play game ughh

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa

I'm standing here imagining some scene where Kojima & Del Toro show their ideas about Silent Hills to some Konami exec, to be told that their ideas have potential, but it didn't quite fit their ideals & that they proposed streamlining it to something closer to what they had in mind.

They then bring in the pachinko plan reveal.

...I know that's very unlikely to have happened. I felt the urge to share it.

it-hurts-to-live.jpg

What a sad time. Just one year ago people where hyping like mad for P.T. and now we're at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I am weeping and the tears are evaporating the moment they come out of my eyes. 

I think I'm feeling... anger? Vengeful fury

Who did this to Guillermo? To Kojima? To Junji Ito? Why are they suffering? Why do you want the entertainment world to burn, Konami? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Saw this on NeoGAF this morning. Immediately did this. Now I got PT on my PS4. Still won't play it until 2016.

*And I need to hop on my PS4 again! It's been so longggg*

Saw this on NeoGAF this morning. Immediately did this. Now I got PT on my PS4. Still won't play it until 2016.

*And I need to hop on my PS4 again! It's been so longggg*

So you can confirm this works?

So you can confirm this works?

Yes it does indeed work. =) But you must have gotten the PT license (you must have added PT to your download list) before Konami removed the game.
  • Thumbs Up 1